Pagulayan 9 ball miss dafabet World Pool Masters

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two things:

First I wonder if that camera view from behind the pocket was due to a camera person walking around pointing a camera. That would probably shark me.

Second - and I know I'm a banger compared to Alex - I play almost exclusively with an open bridge and when I'm bridging off the rail with an open bridge I elevate my bridge hand slightly to avoid having the shaft come into contact with the rail. Without the index finger on top of the shaft to hold it down it can throw your shot off. Free advice from a banger.

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dogged that one bad.

I mean you got the greatest player in the world dogging a hanger in an important spot. The reason this stuff happens is because pool player psyches are just so whacked. Somewhere deep in the back of Alex's mind he knows that making or missing that ball will mean nothing. He should be knocking balls like that in for millions of dollars, but instead he's trying to figure out where his next cup o noodles will come from.

I also think another factor can come into play against a guy like Shaw. These guys are so competitive and it sorta gets in the back of your mind sometimes if you can't run out as fast as a guy you're not as good. I really think that'll get players that are playing a fast player every once in a while.

Last edited:

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By golly, I think we my have a troll or a banned member posting here. Those remarks are uncalled for.

And we may have some members posting who seem to have sticks firmly lodged into body cavities.

I posted that a Japanese player who was acting like an idiot... looked like an idiot. Yeah big trolling there.

I posted that a pool player who missed a hanger and dogged himself out of a tournament will be on top ramen. Big big trolling there too!

I've read some of your posts, go ahead and embrace your inner troll and stop projecting onto others. If you spot it you've got it.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with industry groups and forums is anonymity. If persons were known entities when they posted, it would be a more fruitful colloquy. Instead, there will always be cowards hiding behind monitors writing words that most intelligent persons would never say to anyone in person. It's just the age we live in.

This anonymity of the Internet will soon be a thing of the past, and this type of dialogue won't exist anymore. I can hardly wait. :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And we may have some members posting who seem to have sticks firmly lodged into body cavities.

I posted that a Japanese player who was acting like an idiot... looked like an idiot. Yeah big trolling there.

I posted that a pool player who missed a hanger and dogged himself out of a tournament will be on top ramen. Big big trolling there too!

I've read some of your posts, go ahead and embrace your inner troll and stop projecting onto others. If you spot it you've got it.

Oh, I see you've added more and edited your post since I posted my words.

You've read some of my posts? What, since December 2016, 2 months ago? :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Oh, I know. You were lurking here before you joined, right? That's what they all say. ;)

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, I see you've added more and edited your post since I posted my words.

You've read some of my posts? What, since December 2016, 2 months ago? :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1:

Oh, I know. You were lurking here before you joined, right? That's what they all say. ;)

More BIG trolling behavior, right jam?

Edited posts! Oooooooh man.

Joining two months ago. Ooooooh boy the offenses are really piling up.

The fact that I said I was lurking here before, which I didn't even say... ooooh boy I am really deep into trolldom now! My goodness.

Here jam, do a little self help wiki reading...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

According to some research, the projection of one's unconscious qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life."

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More BIG trolling behavior, right jam?

Edited posts! Oooooooh man.

Joining two months ago. Ooooooh boy the offenses are really piling up.

The fact that I said I was lurking here before, which I didn't even say... ooooh boy I am really deep into trolldom now! My goodness.

Here jam, do a little self help wiki reading...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
"Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

According to some research, the projection of one's unconscious qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life."

Uh, yeah, okay. See you on the next thread when you spew your words of wisdom. Can't wait for the lightning round. :grin:

Ekojasiloop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh, yeah, okay. See you on the next thread when you spew your words of wisdom. Can't wait for the lightning round. :grin:

Stop projecting and you and I will be fine. Meanwhile, let me get back to my big trolling behavior of editing posts and saying a guy dogged it when he dogged it. Man I really got my troll going today. Amazing how it's never happened until you cam along, huh?!

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meanwhile, back to pool, he was here at Steinway, shown here with Alex and Keith Jawahir last month.

Attachments

• 15965419_10154478172316743_3309233931434030187_n.jpg
    15965419_10154478172316743_3309233931434030187_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 670

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I had to pick someone to shoot a shot for my life, it would be the Lion. He has made some of the toughest high pressure outs, comebacks and money balls ever.

Not anymore, that dirty dog.

Haha...poor dude. The feeling of despair, knowing you snatched defeat out of thin air and there's nothing you can do to rectify it...and then you remember all the physical and mental effort it took to just get to there. Ow.

Been near there, stage MUCH smaller, I.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Feel bad for Alex. Gimme for Alex 99.999999999999% of the time. We are all Human....for now Jam.

Think anyone who plays pool seriously knows the feeling of rattling.... or worse missing the whole pocket on very important duck 'money' ball. Generally rushing PSR, pop up, waitress across the room = bad stroke.

And yea pretty 'toolish' bout the noodles comment by eore or what ever the F$%K his handle is.

-Kat,

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Feel bad for Alex. Gimme for Alex 99.999999999999% of the time. We are all Human....for now Jam.

Think anyone who plays pool seriously knows the feeling of rattling.... or worse missing the whole pocket on very important duck 'money' ball. Generally rushing PSR, pop up, waitress across the room = bad stroke.

And yea pretty 'toolish' bout the noodles comment by eore or what ever the F$%K his handle is.

-Kat,

The guy makes a commemnt about noodles BECAUSE there is no money in the game (or are you both denying this?) and you guys jump down his throat and call him names. You should both grow up!
Jason

Maybe you 2 read it wrong?

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He got that tight feeling and went ahead and shot anyway, assuming he couldn't miss that easy shot. If he had gotten up, taken a drink and composed himself he would have been all right. I've seen many great players take a little extra time on the match winning shot for just these same reasons. They want to calm down a little before shooting.

He already took the timeout on the 8-ball.
He just over-cut the ball.
Missed the pro-side.
Was probably guarding against the skid and allowed for it too much.

The announcer saying he's never seen something like that before is full of it.
We've seen so many misses on the money ball.
Gomez for one at the world 9 in Manila.
You saw Nick Varner miss an easy 6-inch putt to the side pocket against Sigel at the Bike. That was the worst miss I can imagine.
It happens.

Reactions: JAM