Peace proposal

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, let's try this again. I first asked,

To which you replied:

First of all, why did you say "all shots"? I specifically stated that if you are using, for example, the ETA/CTE perception for a given shot (think of a shot with hole reinforcers shot multiple times) then how do you send the ob in the same direction at a soft speed vs lightening fast like how Stan shoots?

Your answer was also, "Who said one could?" This means that Stan never said you could do that.

Would you care to set me straight? If CTE cannot accomplish such a task, then exactly how do you make it happen?

Is it clear enough for you now?

Let me put it this way, Dan. It doesn't matter what I say. You will just twist it around anyways, and then offer no apology for it. As far as i am concerned, you have no serious questions and are only trolling. You can go pound sand for all I care. You have done more to hurt these forums than even Rick did. You contribute nothing but divisiveness. Sad part is, you are probably proud of that.

How about you being a man of your word and stay out of any CTE discussions?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let me put it this way, Dan. It doesn't matter what I say. You will just twist it around anyways, and then offer no apology for it. As far as i am concerned, you have no serious questions and are only trolling. You can go pound sand for all I care. You have done more to hurt these forums than even Rick did. You contribute nothing but divisiveness. Sad part is, you are probably proud of that.

How about you being a man of your word and stay out of any CTE discussions?

So I ask about as simple a question there is about CTE to three of the most ardent CTE supporters -- Stan himself, Spider and Neil. I got a "you are way off base, you have to manipulate the 3 ticks," I got a "I know the answer but why don't you tell me first," and then from you I got two charming answers. First, "nobody ever said CTE could do that" and then when I clarified the question I got a "you're a troll, go pound sand."

Interesting replies. Maybe Spider will finally give the answer. Mine is that CTE never addresses the issue. Someone tried to ask Stan but he simply went on about stunning his shots during his videos, never giving an answer. Maybe I'm wrong and there is an answer, but if so I missed it.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I ask about as simple a question there is about CTE to three of the most ardent CTE supporters -- Stan himself, Spider and Neil. I got a "you are way off base, you have to manipulate the 3 ticks," I got a "I know the answer but why don't you tell me first," and then from you I got two charming answers. First, "nobody ever said CTE could do that" and then when I clarified the question I got a "you're a troll, go pound sand."

Interesting replies. Maybe Spider will finally give the answer. Mine is that CTE never addresses the issue. Someone tried to ask Stan but he simply went on about stunning his shots during his videos, never giving an answer. Maybe I'm wrong and there is an answer, but if so I missed it.

No one cares about your opinion. Not even you do. All you are about is trolling.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cookie, in the not so distance past, finished top 10 in the US Amateur.
Tyler Styer recently got a strong 3rd in a pro event in CA.
Brian Parks recently won a pro event winning against Oscar in the finals in CA.
Stevie just won an event last weekend.
Matt Krah is on the map regularly in the NE .

Stan Shuffett

Like I said, I was looking for video of average players demonstrating the system. With thousands of them out there I would think that would not be such a big deal, but I guess it is.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is one video of me using CTE Pro1 4,5 years ago. I'm a lot better now and know MUCH MORE about it but don't have any newer videos, but this is still good in my oppinion for an average player like me, I rattled one ball out of 10 and missjudged a sweep on other which still banked to the side pocket, so the system worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8FTKuH2Owg

Mirza

Not bad for balls spread *wide* open, nothing touching, none on the rails, no clusters to break up, CB can remain in the center of the table...

Thanks for the video.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan,
There's a cure for you! And I'm going to administer it. A good wormin'.
I'm going to stick Center to Edge aiming right up your tail in the form of a mega dose of
5000 mg of antiCTEminophen. I want you to have something to look forward to.

Stan Shuffett

How do you get away with this stuff?

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations, Stan! You managed to get my attention. You call cute little insults and jabs "THE TRUTH" but the moderators around here call it "baiting." I guess that needs a definition as it seems words like "objective" can mean whatever you want them to mean. "Baiting" is the practice of trying to elicit a response through bullying and intimidation. So here's my response:

The word "objective" means only one thing in regards to CTE Pro1. It means that if you perform steps 1,2,3 then the ball will be pocketed. There is no rote learning or subconscious adjustments (or feel) required to pocket the balls. I can destroy that stupid idea in a few sentences: Set up a 15 degree CTE shot and hit it softly. Now hit it again with a lot of speed. One goes and the other doesn't. FEEL, or experience developed from playing a lot (HAMB), is required to pocket the ball in both instances. Of course if you are Stan Shuffett you shoot every shot at warp speed so this isn't a variable that needs explaining to his students.

The problem with your youtube advertisements, which is what they really are, is that you keep using this word "objective." Plain and simple, this is false advertising and if you were running an actual business you would be subject to truth in advertising laws. You use this term yet have provided no proof that it is true. Oh, you say it will be shown in your great new book...just like CTE was going to be explained in DVD1, oh, wait, it is going to be explained for reals in DVD2, the Mother of All DVDs. Oh, wait again, it's going to be explained for double reals in the new book, along with free information since you screwed so many people on the first 2 DVD's and refused to provide refunds.

About that book... What exactly is the royalty payment going to be for Hal Houle's family? After all, you would be a nobody without Hal. Don't you think it would be a nice gesture to have Hal's family benefit from your success? You know, especially since you owe everything to Hal. You love to say how Hal only showed you a little, and if you "got it" he would show you more. Yeah, if he saw that you were actually swallowing the crap he was dishing out, he'd be happy to show you more. lol

So let's talk a little more about the truth. Maybe you aren't aware of the debate that goes on through pm and through email. The question is whether Stan is a delusional old man looking for meaning in his life or whether he is a smart snake oil salesman. I'd say the opinions are about 50/50 (maybe we should do a poll on AZ). Personally, I think that debate misses the point. The real culprit is that you just aren't that smart, Stan. It is simply astonishing that a grown man can waste 10 years of his life making subconscious aiming adjustments based on HAMB and then give some stupid aiming system the credit for it. There's a saying for that: "Stupid is as stupid does." And boy is that stupid (dumb f*ck some might even say).

So somebody has to say what everybody is thinking but is afraid to put it out there due to the moderators. You are a bully, Stan. You bully skeptics and even your supporters when they dare to question the cult orthodoxy. Funny thing is, to the majority of real players who know better, you are a bit of a laughing stock. There, I spoke the TRUTH, insensitive as it may be to mention.

Maybe you should look in the mirror the next time you wonder why there is so much arguing about CTE. Good instructors don't blame the student for failure. Well I suppose the dumb ones do... and the snake oil salesmen.

Truth.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know the answer and yet you keep asking it over and over. Look at Brian BC21 as the latest example. Perfectly nice guy comes in here a few months ago to sell his book and to very politely engage in aiming conversation. Fast forward to today and you'd think he's a horrible person by the kind of vitriol he has taken in. Say what you want about me if you stupidly think I have some hidden agenda, but Brian is a "clean" or "untainted" case study in how unsuspecting people are demonized by the CTE clan.

I would just like to say the same of Dan.

Dan is a perfectly reasonable and decent guy and a pretty smart cookie. He comes here attempting to discuss aiming systems in a polite, civil, rational manner but is attacked at every quarter. Reading the totally unreasonable assaults posted here by Stan and his supporters a reader passing through would think he was the worst kind of person.

Describing how they behave as a cult is spot on.

Lou Figueroa

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirza View Post
Here is one video of me using CTE Pro1 4,5 years ago. I'm a lot better now and know MUCH MORE about it but don't have any newer videos, but this is still good in my oppinion for an average player like me, I rattled one ball out of 10 and missjudged a sweep on other which still banked to the side pocket, so the system worked.

Mirza
Not bad for balls spread *wide* open, nothing touching, none on the rails, no clusters to break up, CB can remain in the center of the table...

Thanks for the video.

Lou Figueroa

I'm not a teacher but shouldn't Mirza hold his head still during the shot? How about the serious elbow drop? I would be thinking about learning the fundamentals to pool before an aiming system. Has he been to a qualified pool teacher?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would just like to say the same of Dan.

Dan is a perfectly reasonable and decent guy and a pretty smart cookie. He comes here attempting to discuss aiming systems in a polite, civil, rational manner but is attacked at every quarter. Reading the totally unreasonable assaults posted here by Stan and his supporters a reader passing through would think he was the worst kind of person.

Describing how they behave as a cult is spot on.

Lou Figueroa

Thank you, Lou. It's appreciated.

For those of you who think I'm the bad guy here let me remind you what the owner of AZ billiards just said to Stan:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=6000183&postcount=14

So if you don't believe me, at least believe Mike.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For those of you who think I'm the bad guy here let me remind you what the owner of AZ billiards just said to Stan:

And how did this all come about you wonder, well it's because of this post by Dan White. A post that would get most on here banned, but as we see (above) Dan is on a first name basis with the guy in charge here.
This is Dan's post : Congratulations, Stan! You managed to get my attention. You call cute little insults and jabs "THE TRUTH" but the moderators around here call it "baiting." I guess that needs a definition as it seems words like "objective" can mean whatever you want them to mean. "Baiting" is the practice of trying to elicit a response through bullying and intimidation. So here's my response:

The word "objective" means only one thing in regards to CTE Pro1. It means that if you perform steps 1,2,3 then the ball will be pocketed. There is no rote learning or subconscious adjustments (or feel) required to pocket the balls. I can destroy that stupid idea in a few sentences: Set up a 15 degree CTE shot and hit it softly. Now hit it again with a lot of speed. One goes and the other doesn't. FEEL, or experience developed from playing a lot (HAMB), is required to pocket the ball in both instances. Of course if you are Stan Shuffett you shoot every shot at warp speed so this isn't a variable that needs explaining to his students.

The problem with your youtube advertisements, which is what they really are, is that you keep using this word "objective." Plain and simple, this is false advertising and if you were running an actual business you would be subject to truth in advertising laws. You use this term yet have provided no proof that it is true. Oh, you say it will be shown in your great new book...just like CTE was going to be explained in DVD1, oh, wait, it is going to be explained for reals in DVD2, the Mother of All DVDs. Oh, wait again, it's going to be explained for double reals in the new book, along with free information since you screwed so many people on the first 2 DVD's and refused to provide refunds.

About that book... What exactly is the royalty payment going to be for Hal Houle's family? After all, you would be a nobody without Hal. Don't you think it would be a nice gesture to have Hal's family benefit from your success? You know, especially since you owe everything to Hal. You love to say how Hal only showed you a little, and if you "got it" he would show you more. Yeah, if he saw that you were actually swallowing the crap he was dishing out, he'd be happy to show you more. lol

So let's talk a little more about the truth. Maybe you aren't aware of the debate that goes on through pm and through email. The question is whether Stan is a delusional old man looking for meaning in his life or whether he is a smart snake oil salesman. I'd say the opinions are about 50/50 (maybe we should do a poll on AZ). Personally, I think that debate misses the point. The real culprit is that you just aren't that smart, Stan. It is simply astonishing that a grown man can waste 10 years of his life making subconscious aiming adjustments based on HAMB and then give some stupid aiming system the credit for it. There's a saying for that: "Stupid is as stupid does." And boy is that stupid (dumb f*ck some might even say).

So somebody has to say what everybody is thinking but is afraid to put it out there due to the moderators. You are a bully, Stan. You bully skeptics and even your supporters when they dare to question the cult orthodoxy. Funny thing is, to the majority of real players who know better, you are a bit of a laughing stock. There, I spoke the TRUTH, insensitive as it may be to mention.

Maybe you should look in the mirror the next time you wonder why there is so much arguing about CTE. Good instructors don't blame the student for failure. Well I suppose the dumb ones do... and the snake oil salesmen.

How many derogatory things need to be said to get banned?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Hey, what are blood brothers for. It's expected.

The head person of the National Spelling Bee comes to the next contestant, Little Johnny, and says, "Please spell CAHOOTS"

Little Johnny asks, "Are there any other pronunciations?"

Head Person: "No"

Little Johnny asks: "Can you use it in a sentence"

Head Person: "Dan is in CAHOOTS with Mike"

Little Johnny asks: "Can I have a synonym of CAHOOTS?"

Head Person: "No! You aren't spelling another word. Spell CAHOOTS"

Little Johnny: "C......A......H.....O...............O.....T.....S -- CAHOOTS"

Head Person: "That is correct"

AUDIENCE: Clapping loudly for Little Johnny AND the Head Person because they BOTH got it right.

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You just keep poking, don't you Spidey.

Oh well.

The head person of the National Spelling Bee comes to the next contestant, Little Johnny, and says, "Please spell CAHOOTS"

Little Johnny asks, "Are there any other pronunciations?"

Head Person: "No"

Little Johnny asks: "Can you use it in a sentence"

Head Person: "Dan is in CAHOOTS with Mike"

Little Johnny asks: "Can I have a synonym of CAHOOTS?"

Head Person: "No! You aren't spelling another word. Spell CAHOOTS"

Little Johnny: "C......A......H.....O...............O.....T.....S -- CAHOOTS"

Head Person: "That is correct"

AUDIENCE: Clapping loudly for Little Johnny AND the Head Person because they BOTH got it right.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many derogatory things need to be said to get banned?

Looks like about 3, based on Spider's "cahoots" post. Spider's on 2, so he's probably looking at one month. He's actually been banned more than that, but 2 as far as I know since the forum rules were posted.

At least we'll have one month of greater civility.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Quote:

Mirza

I'm not a teacher but shouldn't Mirza hold his head still during the shot? How about the serious elbow drop? I would be thinking about learning the fundamentals to pool before an aiming system. Has he been to a qualified pool teacher?

Well, he didn't ask for a professional or even an instructor, but an average player.

Hey Mirza, remember to put your palm flat on the table and keep your head still, buddy.:smile: Nice to see the face of people you have conversed with online.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, he didn't ask for a professional or even an instructor, but an average player.

Hey Mirza, remember to put your palm flat on the table and keep your head still, buddy.:smile: Nice to see the face of people you have conversed with online.

I know he didn't. It just seems a pool teacher would have fixed those fundamentals before going off on some "aiming" excursions. Just me....

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said, I was looking for video of average players demonstrating the system. With thousands of them out there I would think that would not be such a big deal, but I guess it is.

Lou Figueroa

I gave you one, you didn't see it?

EDIT: I didn't see your post, sorry.

Last edited:

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for the video.

Lou Figueroa

Well it was a video about using an aiming system to pocket balls, not to break clusters :) but believe it or not, I can do that too, just don't video myself often.

Mirza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote:

Mirza

No I have not because there are not many instructors in my country (Bosnia, Europe), all there is are to far away for me, but I am aware of those problems, some I have solved to this day (getting up on shots), some not entirely (elbow drop), but it doesn't bother me, obviously ;) a lot of players in Europe drop the elbow (even the snooker players), but it does happen after the contact of the cue tip with the CB, while CB is already gone, so...and snooker players surely don't need advice from you on fundamentals :)

Mirza