Pictures of hackwork section!

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
yes the centennial went very well and the owner was happy. That table came from FL and was drop pocket. sorry it was early and I just thought he was following my other post.

Ok so now I have to look where for that centennial Jay?
thanks John

Hey John,

It's a long story, but I purchased a centennial from a customer off Craig's list. After giving a deposit and setting up a time for removal of the table, the customer "claims" to have had a change of heart about selling the table. I was just verifying if he had possibly sold the table to someone else after having made a deal with me. When I heard Craig's list and you being in the North east I was just checking to make sure he did sell it elsewhere.

Thanks for the info.
Jay

OTLB

Banned
oh I see, I have had that happen to me before and understand. Good Luck getting it. I had a guy in Albany that did the same thing.

I did pick this up in NH a couple of years ago, nice 9ft

Attachments

• centbilliard.jpg
    centbilliard.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,066
Last edited:

A-1 billiards

FELT WRIGHT
Silver Member
oh I see, I have had that happen to me before and understand. Good Luck getting it. I had a guy in Albany that did the same thing.

Very nice! Do you still have it. I'm very interested since I have a set of 9 ft pool rails that would make a fantasticl combination table.

Jay

Sorry about getting off topic...:sorry:

OTLB

Banned
sorry Jay its long gone, it was fun to play on a 9ft billiard table. Table played really short, Dave will probably remember it

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agreed...very nice!--The billiard table, I meaN!

OTLB

Banned
here is a nice inlay job someone did, hacked all the diamonds like this one hack hack

Attachments

• MVC-109F.JPG
    MVC-109F.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,165

Club Billiards

Absolute Billiard Service
Silver Member
I'd say this qualifies as hack work:

DSCN0066.jpg

DSCN0067.jpg

DSCN0068.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0070.jpg

That table is an old pro 8' GCI in a poolroom in Dayton. It was last serviced by one of the local guys around here. I've sinced picked up all of the work for that room. Anyway, when we got the table apart we noticed the rubber didn't look like it was quite right. Sure enough, someone had installed K66 on it at some point.

While we were working on the GC, here is the coin-op that was next to it:

DSCN0071.jpg

(Not pulling at all...just lifting the slack off the bed.)

DSCN0072.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

This one was actually done by the local vending company. Might I mention that league started this week.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My contribution to the hack section...LOL

Besides all the staples in the rails, this person went crazy with the staples thinking that maybe if he put enough staples in the bed cloth...it wouldn't come loose:confused:

That pile of staples was from just one side of the slate.

Nice staple work.JPG

Nice staple work (2).JPG

Nice staple work (3).JPG

Nice staple work (4).JPG

Nice staple work (5).JPG

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Broke rail bolt nut.JPG
Of course there had to be a broke off rail bolt as well as missing rail bolts, so I had to make a new flat nut to replace this one after I drilled out the broke off stud.

Recut and K66 cushions.JPG

Here you can see they recut the bevel of the rails, you can still see the saw marks in the bevel.

Recut and K66 cushions (2).JPG

And they recut the rails to install K66 cushions of course, that didn't even fit, or at the right height, the nose of the cushions were still at 1 1/2"

realkingcobra

Silver Member
After fixing the rails, I extended them, profiled the extensions to the ends of the rails then re-cut the correct bevel for the Artemis Intercontinental K55 cushions, after fitting the new cushions, I came back and re-cut the relief bevel under the cushions to match the sub-rails to the bottom of the cushions.

Sub-rail extentions.JPG

Sub-rail extentions (2).JPG

Sub-rail extentions (3).JPG

Sub-rail extentions (4).JPG

Sub-rail extentions (5).JPG

realkingcobra

Silver Member
In fitting the rails back on the table again, in order to get the rails to line up with the pockets, I had to re-drill all the rail bolt holes out to 3/4" because the factory holes were to small to allow much room in lining up the rails correctly.

Tables always turn out great if you take your time, and know what you're doing...and if you don't...ASK someone for some help...or advice:grin:

Finished table.JPG

Finished table (2).JPG

Finished table (3).JPG

Finished table (4).JPG

Finished table (5).JPG

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
Trust me, you don't have to drive all the way to TX to find tables that have been hacked up:grin:

I get it..... I fix everything down in this part of the country, and that frees you up to do the other 45 states.lol
Got a new camera and pics for this thread to come soon....lmao But I think you guys are finding some winners!:eek:
Hopefully at least a couple of people can look at this crazy thread and figure out what's right and what's wrong now..... wow, there are some doozies floating around out there!