Poll: What do you enjoy most about reading/posting on AzBilliards?

What do you enjoy most about reading/posting on AzBilliards?

• Reading the Main News page to find out what's happening in the pool world

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Networking with like-minded pool people

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Learning more about shooting pool (fundamentals, stroke, aiming strategies, et cetera)

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Selling and buying pool products (cue sticks, pool balls, DVDs, books, pool tables, accessories)

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Tournament updates while they are in progress

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Finding out where the tournaments are for the week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Engage in action with those on "Good Action List"

• Other (Please post in thread)

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • NPR subforum

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Reading reviews of cue sticks—old and new, custom-made and production cues

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What brings you to AzBilliards, and what features about the website do you enjoy the most?

This is a blind poll. Lurkers can feel comfortable to vote, if they so desire.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This new forum software is a little different when it comes to polls. In order to see the results, you have to vote on the poll.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I enjoy the few sincere friends I made here. Will single out Tom,BBB,Philly. Since I joined I got connected with 2 prime instructors. Scott(RIP) and Tom. Got good info on table maintenance and mechanics. Ask the Cuemaker helped for lathe selection. Cue machinery & supplies. Found 1st class vendors. And more. Always something to read about/learn.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I picked ‘other’...I can’t confine my response to just a few things. AZ is the site to go to if you like hitting a cue ball.
Because of a thread a while back, I looked at some maps. I’ve been in action at some form of billiards in 35 states, 8 provinces, and several shires....unfortunately, I went broke in every one
🥲

Greg M

I picked other. I enjoy the rare discussions regarding snooker or English pool equipment, especially regarding cues.

Reactions: JAM

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tournament and live match updates, often well formulated. not to mention sjm's writeups. azb is the place to be.

• Love

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I picked other. I enjoy the knowledge that is here. There is a lot of pool history that i would never have learned or thought about if i had not seen someone post something i didnt quite understand and send me to look it up.

I also enjoy most of the diverse characters here. Pool players have strong personalities and shows in the posts. There some that i would love to have a chance to grab a drink with while lose on a table to them.

• Love

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes they’re as warm and caring as your treatment of the Beard and JS.

lol, first off it was a joke.

Second, Beard, RIP, gave as good as he got, so save it. And I have no beef with John, contrary to the accusations of the reading comprehension impaired here.

Lou Figueroa
that would be you

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I went with "networking with like-minded people" but another thing I really enjoy about AZB is getting the perspectives of pro pool fans all over the world. Of course, there's no shortage of American pool enthusiasts on AZB and they are great, but it's the others that really give us a greater sense of worldwide pool. Spartan and others give us a really good sense of how Asians view the world of pro pool. For a sense of what's going on in European pro pool, we've got great posters like Poolmanis, Skogstokig, Marek and others.

AZB just wouldn't be the same without the many internationals who post here.

Last edited: