Questions for Efren Reyes & Buddy Hall

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
OK,
I will try to get Efren to talk to me about CTE and other subjects that might be of interest to AZBers this weekend when I am at the tournament in Galveston TX (www.theworldclassic.com) and will announce some of this information on the free Live Stream.

Buddy Hall will be sitting in the booth with me from time to time along with other celebrities and I will asking Buddy some unique questions when time permits and we will share that information with you as well.

If you have ONE specific question (for Buddy or Egfen) you would like answered, please write it in this thread. Time is short so I can't make any promises but I will try to have some of the questions answered..

Thanks,
JoeyA

Last edited:

Randy9Ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey,

If at all possible, could you take notes of the questions and answers and post them here on AZB for those hearing impaired folks like myself who won't be able to understand the commentary or simply won't be able to watch the stream? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
That's a good question Neil. Here's one. Is there ONE THING that you STARTED doing or STOPPED doing, that dramatically and noticeably changed/improved your game?

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
Heres a question to ask him, if you don't mind.

Some one wrote a story about how you [Buddy] visualized your bridge in a dream and when you woke up you were unbeatable. True?

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
Heres a question to ask him, if you don't mind.

Some one wrote a story about how you [Buddy] visualized your bridge in a dream and when you woke up you were unbeatable. True?

Yeah, that was from W.W. Woody's book, "Rags to Rifleman." I remember that part - I'd be curious too if Buddy would care to elaborate.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you ask Efren why he won't go to Phoenix to play the Freezer for $10,000? :D:D

Just stirring the pot.

irock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Buddy has a very powerful stroke like Mike Massey, and I was wondering if he ever thought about joining the Trick Shot tour. Buddy is also from the same area I am from in Kentucky, and I was wondering if he ever gets back to Paducah for a visit.

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
Joey, if you would please, ask Efren and Buddy who is the best one-pocket player they have ever played. Thanks!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ask Buddy about Efren and vice versa. In particular, what they remember about matches they played against each other.

P.S. DON'T ask Buddy how much he weighs!

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask them what they do when they practice. Run balls in rotation, play 14.1, etc.

Ask them if they use a kicking system or just know where to hit the ball.

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
Please ask Efren if he would eleborate on the best things a player can do when they are at the point where beating the ghost is within reach but getting that last inch seems difficult.

Thanx Alex Ill be out there where will you be at?

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask Efren about the taper on his shaft. It appears to me that the first 3 inches or so are not consistent with the rest of the shaft. The shaft moves out from that point. Not much but noticeable. Also I have seen him warm up with one shaft then change it before a match. Maybe we can get some insight on this? Or maybe it's just my imagination.

Last edited:

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
I will try to get Efren to talk to me about CTE
Thanks,

Joey: Efren, what do you think of CTE?

Efren: Sorry, my english not so good.

Joey: You know, Hal Houle's center to edge aiming system?

Efren: Oh, my english .... not so good, sorry.

Joey: You know, an aiming system where you aim from the center of the cue ball to the edge of the object ball and then pivot and ...

Efren: Oh, aim. Yes, I aim to put ball in pocket.

Joey: But what is your system to aim?

Efren: I aim for pocket. You have to aim for pocket. I want it to go in pocket.

Joey: But how do you aim it to go in the pocket? How do you line it up?

Efren: Oh, I see. I line up to hit the ball so that it will go toward pocket. So that it will go in pocket.

Joey: So I guess we should call your system the aim for the pocket system.

Efren: Aim to go in pocket, yes, that's what I do.

Joey: OK, so what do you think of the Perfect Aim system?

Efren: Oh, my aim not perfect. But I try hard. I aim better 30 years ago. My eyes now, not so good.

Joey: But how do you position your eyes for a shot?

Efren: Oh, I look at cue ball. Then at object ball. Then I keep looking at object ball. Because I want it to go in pocket.

Joey: Thank you, Efren.

Matt90

Trust the Process
Silver Member
Ask Buddy

Ask Buddy Hall about how he stayed so mentally tough through some
of his biggest matches or if he ever thought about it :grin:

ChazL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey: Efren, what do you think of CTE?

Efren: Sorry, my english not so good.

Joey: You know, Hal Houle's center to edge aiming system?

Efren: Oh, my english .... not so good, sorry.

Joey: You know, an aiming system where you aim from the center of the cue ball to the edge of the object ball and then pivot and ...

Efren: Oh, aim. Yes, I aim to put ball in pocket.

Joey: But what is your system to aim?

Efren: I aim for pocket. You have to aim for pocket. I want it to go in pocket.

Joey: But how do you aim it to go in the pocket? How do you line it up?

Efren: Oh, I see. I line up to hit the ball so that it will go toward pocket. So that it will go in pocket.

Joey: So I guess we should call your system the aim for the pocket system.

Efren: Aim to go in pocket, yes, that's what I do.

Joey: OK, so what do you think of the Perfect Aim system?

Efren: Oh, my aim not perfect. But I try hard. I aim better 30 years ago. My eyes now, not so good.

Joey: But how do you position your eyes for a shot?

Efren: Oh, I look at cue ball. Then at object ball. Then I keep looking at object ball. Because I want it to go in pocket.

Joey: Thank you, Efren.

:rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1: LMAO!!! :rotflmao1::rotflmao1::rotflmao1: JoeyA, now you HAVE TO ask these questions, just to see how close the real answer is to this.

Rich, I think you nailed it.