ran my first rack of 9 ball!!

seanjonsean

Otanisan Cues
Silver Member
this past sunday i decided to play nine ball , i always play 8 ball i thought well since i run a rack of 8 here and there y not try 9 ball and i played for bout an hour and man i was pathetic, i could hardly run 4 -5 balls and my break wasnt doing anything i got so mad and frustrated i quit for the day monday i didnt go near the table and now today i got home didnt eat didnt shower just went to the table brkoe and ran on my second set of 8ball, then i racked 9 balls together and broke 1 fell on the break 2 was open and by the time i knew i ran out!!!! i wish someone would of seen it it felt great !! but 9 ball to me is tougher than 8 ball i hope i keep running on that 9 , all that frustartion from not being able to do anything turned into determination i guess
 
Congrats.....now a two-pack is next followed by a three-pack. Good luck to you. Johnnyt
 
First of many I'd imagine....

See the outs early and hit em right dude.,,,np right?lol.

Congratulations on number one though..its good stuff.
 
It's an awesome feeling isn't it? Now you can honestly say that in theory, you could beat anyone in the world... in a race to 1 with the breaks :) I think it's tougher than most 8 ball runs so you deserve to feel good, it takes real cueball control to run out all 9 balls... it'll never just happen by accident. Keep at it.
 
Way to go!! Now it's time to go on the road. (Just kidding)

As for me, I'm still waiting. I feel like a 40 year old virgin! (still kidding)
 
oh no

thats how it all starts! 1 rack then 2 then 3 next thing you know your pool scum like the rest of us! keep hittin um! good luck:cool:
 
i remember running my first rack of 9 ball. i spend every chance i can now trying to do it again - years later and i made a 3 pack. best day i've had hittin 'em yet. stay focused, don't take shots for granted (no matter how easy). congrats though friend, i hope a lot more follow this one
 
It's a great feeling, I remember my first break and run :) ...
I also remember my first 2-pack, which ended up being a 3 pack!.. never ran more than 3 - and I'm amazed that I have run three (lucky breaks)

Taking that time off can help you too. I have a friend who shoots very good - who took about 2 months off, and jumps on the table to run a 5 pack (then was forced to play safe on a 7 ball), he could've ran the whole set out for $500.
 
Last edited:
thank u all for ure positive feed back ,i did read anintersting reply wich sed taking time off helps?intresting but i think it does i wonder y? in either case im gona practice more and more and not just 8 ball im gonna try and practice diffrent games ,but i do need to kno the rules first ,staright pool i have no idea ,one pocket dont kno what a foul is , so ill start there and see what happens but thanks guys!!
 
^ If you need any help with the rules of any of those games feel free to PM me.
 
seanjonsean,
Congrats on the run! Here's wishing you many more to come. I will be in San Antonio tomorrow thru Sunday with my kids and grandkids doing the tourist thing. And...........go SPURS!!!!!!!!!

Maniac
 
seanjonsean said:
this past sunday i decided to play nine ball...broke 1 fell on the break 2 was open and by the time i knew i ran out!!!! ...
BE careful, that's how those F'in ball get you. They let you run a rack, next thing you know, you are hooked!
 
ahhhh! congratulations! Feels good isn't it? First time I ran a table, wow, I was talking about it for days to my pool friends:o. Before you try to run a 2-pack, try to break and run during a tournament with the pressure, it is as hard!!!

keep playing
 
Maniac said:
seanjonsean,
Congrats on the run! Here's wishing you many more to come. I will be in San Antonio tomorrow thru Sunday with my kids and grandkids doing the tourist thing. And...........go SPURS!!!!!!!!!

Maniac

Spurs took out my Jazz in the semi finals :mad: :( :o :( :o :mad: ! Thats ok I guess they are really good!
 
Back
Top