RIP Clif Watkins

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I just saw a note on Facebook by Cliffy’s daughter that he passed away yesterday.
Shocking news, I am deeply saddened. What a wonderful, gregarious, friendly person.
He was well known on AZB over the years.
We will have all of Clif’s friends and family in our thoughts and prayers.
May Clif RIP.

Will Prout

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad to lose one of our own.

What was his AzBilliards handle or name?

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
So sad to lose one of our own.

What was his AzBilliards handle or name?

Cliffy was great friends with Doug Baltrip (AZ name DWBOD), a wonderful eye doctor who died tragically
in a car accident several years ago. Doug was also a beloved AZB member.
Both Clif and Doug and their wives have visited our home in KC. Doug was from Michigan and Clif lived in Arizona.

Will Prout

Last edited:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Cliffy was great friends with Doug Baltrip (AZ name DWBOD), a wonderful eye doctor who died tragically
in a car accident several years ago. Doug was also a beloved AZB member.
Both Clif and Doug and their wives have visited our home in KC. Doug was from Michigan and Clif lived in Arizona.

Will Prout

Here is a photo of Clif.

Attachments

• 234F0423-9A89-4B82-A6B9-E07A28557CAE.jpeg
    234F0423-9A89-4B82-A6B9-E07A28557CAE.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 399

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
His handle was Cliffy. RIP Clif, you'll be missed.

Wow; I remember "Cliffy" on here; he always had extraordinary items for sale. I am a bit fuzzy on this specific one but I think there was a Halloween themed cue and/or case (or maybe it was both) for sale. Lots of interesting and unusual pieces. I know I did some business with him but can't remember what it was. He was one of the guys you absolutely wanted to do biz with.

I also remember him having a serious accident, either on a dirt bike or a quad, somewhere in AZ or maybe NM.

Regarding Doug Baltrip, I bought my very first sw from him. He was a class guy all the way and I remember how sad it was when his lovely wife came on here posting a very heartfelt note about what happened and how she was going to miss him. Very sad, indeed.

So sorry to hear this news.

RIP Cliffy and you, too, Doug.

best,
brian kc

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rip

:(
RIP Clif ...
Condolences to the Watkins Family. :(

With all the Good and Bad News nowdays.. :(
There's no worst news, than
the passing of a Family Member or Friend.

Clif was an active part of the big group of Pool Cue Enthusiast during the big Cue Boom about a decade ago.
What an exciting time that was.

Clif was a big Bill Schick fan and collector.. :)
As in everything he did, Clif always had the good, high end stuff. :)

Time surely does fly.

RIP Clif -
Alton Takata

" As we get older, we should be getting closer to the ones we love".

Last edited:

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Clif was a great guy and very knowledgeable about everything he collected. I just saw him in Vegas 3 weeks ago, and he seemed fine.

He reminded me of the time we both dodged a bullet in Tulsa a couple years ago. A cop about 10 meters from us accidentally discharged his gun in our direction. Another cop who was between us and the shooter got hit.

One of many great stories with him.

RIP Cliffy...

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Sorry to learn of this. Well wishes to those close to Clif

I seem to remember a really nice case of yours that Clif had on display at the 2009 Santa Fe ICCS show.
If I remember right, he had it paired with a really nice Schick cue.

Will Prout