RIP Danny Basavich

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Wow!
This sucks. I only knew of him, but I always liked his demeanor while playing. That vid in an earlier post of him keeping Corey Duell in his chair was fan-tastic! Kid Delicious in top form.
Condolences to his family. Keep the memories alive in your hearts & mind;.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I spoke with "Bristol Bob Begey" yesterday and, of course, he is plenty sad over the passing of his dear friend. I've been doing a series of Storyteller interviews here locally and Bristol Bob's interview is scheduled for sometime during the next month or so. Bob said he was supposed to be doing another KD overhaul also was supposed to begin in the next month or so. Bob had a special ability with Danny as far as motivating him. So sad that this won't be happening.

An fyi to all who have commented on how good the book, Running The Table is (it's a favorite for me, too). However it came to be they got L. Jon Wertheim who was a head writer at Sports Illustrated to write the book and the result was superb. BTW, Wertheim these days is a regular reporter on CBS's 60 minutes. In fact, I believe it was Jay Helfert who tapped into Wertheim's love for pool and some previous dealings which helped to get him to do the recent 60 minutes piece on SVB and the current state of pool. Do I have this right, Jay?

This whole situation with Danny's passing, even with the passage of time I'm afraid it's going to sting forever. He was that dynamic and memorable.

Here's a pic with them at my house from at least 10 years ago.
I met Bristol through Danny many years back along with Ryan McCreesh, all stand up people. Such good memories.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
For those who missed the book about Danny when it first came out, you can get a used copy for under $10. It was printed in both paperback and hardback. The author, Jon Wertheim, is a senior writer for Sports Illustrated.

1684690869920.png

Here's a good site to search on:

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was at a Jamboree Event at Hard Times Sac about 20 years and met "Kid." Nice guy and wouldn't mind answering questions about his game and technique. I was sorry to see him suspend his game and now sorrier he's passed. A legend in his own time. Rest peacefully Danny.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sid Vicious?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
No.

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saw him play in Jersey over twenty years ago...very focused and methodical on the table. Sorry to see that his movie never got off the ground. RIP Kid!

Last edited:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I met KD round about 2000 or 2001 at The Rack Club in Lexington, KY and he asked me to play some. Knowing he was a road player and not having a large bankroll, I steered clear. Now after reading these accounts, I know I missed out. I should have "donated" a few games just for the experience...the memories I missed out on would have been worth it sounds like. RIP Kid Delicious....a pool legend indeed.