RIP Scott Lee

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Long time renowned instructor and friend to many, Scott Lee, has passed away from his battle with cancer.

he will be sorely missed.

"Playing pocket billiards is not about gambling. It's about competitive spirit, a desire for excellence, and having fun!" ~~ Scott Lee .

Scott Lee, pool instructor extraordinaire, has passed away. He had a brief battle with cancer. He was always kind to me in our exchanges. He will be missed by so many, I know. May he rest in eternal peace.

Scott Lee has been playing pocket billiards for more than 40 years, and teaching professionally since 1977. He has been a PBIA Certified Instructor since the inception of the program. Beginning in 1995, striving to change the image of pool, Scott has toured 8-9 months of the year, with his Traveling College of Billiard Knowledge shows, entertaining and teaching audiences at colleges, universities, military bases and poolrooms everywhere! -Jennie Ann
0AD376C4-121E-41AA-B0E6-865F07DF73DC.jpeg

Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Never met the man, talked to him once years ago on phone when he was coming to Valley to teach, call was about doing Free pool clinic at local Boys n Girls Club. had a few PMs back and forth about Pool.

Scott was class act, when Scott was in most towns teaching he would teaching, he would do clinic for free with local youth clubs to promote pool.

Man was great Ambassador for pool. He will be missed.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Wow. I had no idea. Was wondering why he hadn't stopped through Chicago in the past year or so - he usually comes by for a game or two.

He'll be missed...

pj
chgo

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I had the pleasure to play Scott when he was coming through my area. It was a good time.
I am sincerely sorry to hear of his passing. Rest in Peace Scott. You're well thought of.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad to hear this. Best move I ever made in pool was lessons with Scott and Randy. It was in the 90's or early 2000's.. We remained friends since. He used to come to Chicago to visit his Mom and whenever he did we got together when our schedules allowed for it. Such a sad day for all that knew him!! RIP Scott and thanks for everything!!!!!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Wow. I had no idea. Was wondering why he hadn't stopped through Chicago in the past year or so - he usually comes by for a game or two.

He'll be missed...

pj
chgo
Scott was in Chicago at the end of April. Scott worked with my oldest son, a 4 hour lesson.
Very sad news, My sincere condolences to Scott's family.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Met him at the Open a few years and had the pleasure of shooting around with him. Just from those interactions, he was a nice guy and enjoyable to be around.

DaveM

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very sad to hear. Took a lesson with him 6 or 7 years ago. He was a genuine ambassador for pool.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to hear a respected member of the pool community has passed -- my condolences to his family, friends, and students.

Lou Figueroa