RIP Scotty Townsend

2andOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
reported over on CrazyErica stream that Scotty Townsend passed tonight.

Apparently as a result of a motorcycle accident.

RIP.

Last edited:

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
R.I.P. Scotty Townsend... Wasn't he the guy that used to wrestle alligators just for fun?

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?

R.I.P. Scotty Townsend... Wasn't he the guy that used to wrestle alligators just for fun?

Not sure about that but I believe he had lost his arm from elbow down from some disease
in his 20s. He still was one hell of a pool player, believe he was also on that TV show Hustlers that aired for one season early tis year.

RIP SCOTTY. You'll be missed.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Not sure about that but I believe he had lost his arm from elbow down from some disease
in his 20s. He still was one hell of a pool player, believe he was also on that TV show Hustlers that aired for one season early tis year.

He was not the Scott on the Hustlers.

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
If this is true then it's a sad day. Sorry to hear this. One hell of a player.

JMS

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Scott your referring to is Scott Simonetti.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Terrible news. One of the larger than life personalities of our game, he will be missed.
A great player and gambler.
As a side he is the first cousin of Cuemaker Andy Gilbert.
RIP Scotty.

Will Prout

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think this happened. We have not heard anything about this sad news.

I will get Keith to call Scotty's son later today.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Road players.JPG
    Road players.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,858

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
I've talked with him several times in the last yr, blown away by this news. He was a man's man and truly was larger than life. You will be missed Scott. Godspeed.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So sad..Another hometown boy and 'pool hero/legend' *(Monroe/West Monroe,LA) -gone but never forgotten.

RIP Scotty...

Randy

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Scotty Townsend was the "John Wayne" of pool. Just a great guy to play against - to hang around with - he was just larger than life in every single way possible. They don't make pool players like Scotty anymore.

I was blessed to have known Scotty for almost 33 years. When he walked into a room - everybody stopped and pointed. You won't meet many players that were as loved, respected, and admired by their peers as Scotty was. He lived his life on the edge right up to the very end just being himself with no apologies.

He was an original - and that is why we all loved him to death.

Rest in peace, Scotty - I know you got action up there.

Attachments

• 206963_1014038309581_7308_n.jpg
    206963_1014038309581_7308_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,383

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Terrible news. I met Scotty at Dan Tull's place in 2007. Super nice guy with some amazing stories. Damn shame. He really was a unique guy in a world full of characters.

Condolences to his family and friends on their loss.