Russian Ken

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well since you gave more info on the 7k stiff, I'll amend my opinion.

If a guy wins 2k cash in hand, and he's got a SUCKER on the line, then it's fine to go on the wire, IMO. I've done that same situation myself many times. BUT, you go into it knowing there is a BIG chance you won't get a dime more.

The kid should be thinking to himself "I made 2k", not "I was stiffed 7k".

That's how it goes when you gamble with guys like Kenny.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like we need another award to give out every year at the derby:thumbup:......what could we call it?:scratchhead:

I know ! The "laika" Award:wink:

# For those who dont like to search....
Laika (Russian: Лайка, meaning "Barker") was a Soviet space dog who became one of the first animals in space, and the first animal to orbit the Earth.
As little was known about the impact of spaceflight on living creatures at the time of Laika's mission, and as the technology to de-orbit had not yet been developed, there was no expectation of Laika's survival.

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I'm still trying to figure out how/why a 16 year old gets into that kind of action? where does he get the money and why is he gambling that high (or at all)? Not really a "consenting adult"...

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still trying to figure out how/why a 16 year old gets into that kind of action? where does he get the money and why is he gambling that high (or at all)? Not really a "consenting adult"...

They started out at 50 a game ended up being 400 a game once the kid got up

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
They started out at 50 a game ended up being 400 a game once the kid got up

Oh, I'm sure...I could see it start at $20 a rack and get much worse, once somebody's stuck. I just don't think a 16 year old has any business gambling (especially at DCC or SBE) at all...I'm no Charlie Church, but it seems kinda wrong...

Zack The Attack

Zack The Attack
Well tell me what you would do your 16 at derby for the first time and everyone there til after tells you "oh kennys great action he will lose 10k and shake your hand afterwards blah blah blah" oh yea your prolly gonna let him run up a bill as much as he wants to.

He knows better than to do that. The situation just blinded him. To say he deserved to be stiffed is a far off IMO. Theres more to the story than whats known on here he got paid 2k and he let Kenny have it back. He took it as his chance to get his whole 7k thought that if he hadn't done that there was no way in hell of getting the whole amount. At the time he thought it was the right thing to do now he see's he was not correct.

Kenny still says he is going to pay we will see. Maybe he will come through at the expo like he says.
I'm the 16 year old Kid that got Stiffed

Treyf123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, I'm sure...I could see it start at $20 a rack and get much worse, once somebody's stuck. I just don't think a 16 year old has any business gambling (especially at DCC or SBE) at all...I'm no Charlie Church, but it seems kinda wrong...

That's your opinion but there's plenty of that happening all over.

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a question for ya Zack..

I'm the 16 year old Kid that got Stiffed

What happened to your arm? I saw you in a sling the next day before I left the derby...I watched you playing him..he didn't have a chance...you're one of the fastest players I've ever seen..but ya hit'em pretty sporty at times..

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Is this Jim?

Years ago this would not have went this far. We used to deal with people like this in the appropriate manner and presto problem solved. It's funny how many times dump games and people getting stiffed are brought up online and it's even funnier when it's the same people. Things like this have happened since the beginning of pool but what has changed is everyone's willingness to let it continue. The internet is a double edged sword for the gamblers, no more sneaking around but when something like this happens it makes the same headline as "can anyone identify this road player". Todays young punks need a dose of the good ol days medicine.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ya he shouldn't be gambling...in two years he can buy all the lotto tickets he wants with not a chance in hell to win. :rolleyes:

mr8ball

Sorry you got the air there.

As they say, look after #1 but don't step in #2.

Hopefully Zack will learn from this. He is a great kid and will be a great player. He comes around here and plays a lot. A few things need to change with him but it will come with age. I don't know the guy that stiffed him but from what all are saying on here he is one to stay away from. Sometimes if you dig a hole deep enough you cant get out.

Black-Balled, I suggested to a young lady named Jackie this week end that she look you up to help her with her game. She is from Northern VA. I think she can be a real good player with your help.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
He and his buddy Scooter would dump their mothers to make 500.

When will people learn...its all a show.

He was following Scooter around like a little puppy, just behind Scooter at DCC in the action room.
Marsman, hope you get it all back, and soon!

WP

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully Zack will learn from this. He is a great kid and will be a great player. He comes around here and plays a lot. A few things need to change with him but it will come with age. I don't know the guy that stiffed him but from what all are saying on here he is one to stay away from. Sometimes if you dig a hole deep enough you cant get out.

Black-Balled, I suggested to a young lady named Jackie this week end that she look you up to help her with her game. She is from Northern VA. I think she can be a real good player with your help.

My wife will love that idea:eek: