Scott frost has retired from professional pool

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I don't know Scott Frost's personal situation, whether he has children or not. If he is a single man, the sky is the limit on what jobs are available to him. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Because of Scott's ability to get action, the gift of gab, he has personality. This is a good attribute when seeking new employment. If Scott is single, he only has himself to support.

That said, anybody with children who doesn't do everything in their power to suport them, which means working full-time if you can't make money shooting pool, I believe they should apply themselves to a more guaranteed-type income. Children should always come first. If you quit your job to play pool and you have children, shame on you. I know of one pool player who has several children and does not pay support. Quite sad when you think about it.

Some pool players, gamblers as a whole, are selfish when it comes to support their families. Ronnie Allen was the opposite. He sent money home to his wife when he was on the road. Today, there's several players who don't support their families, leaving the mother and the children high and dry. They are selfish and want to live the high life in the pool world. We all know pool is a rich man's high.

I hope Scott makes the right decision for himself. You can take Scott out of pool, but you will never take pool out of Scott's heart. He will always have a presence in the pool world, even if he works full-time. :wink:

If I were one of the pro players looking for another gig, I would take a shot at North Dakota. I know the winters are brutal but the pay is good in the oil industry and I would not be surprised to hear that they could earn a lot of side cash betting on their pool skills when they are not working.

Probably a rugged way of life but how much tougher can it be than a real pool player's life?

JoeyA

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Probably a rugged way of life but how much tougher can it be than a real pool player's life?

You have become truly delusional if you actually believe an entry level job in the oil industry in North Dakota is anywhere close to what Scott has been doing.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
If I were one of the pro players looking for another gig, I would take a shot at North Dakota. I know the winters are brutal but the pay is good in the oil industry and I would not be surprised to hear that they could earn a lot of side cash betting on their pool skills when they are not working.

JoeyA

Texas has Eagle Ford Shale stretching across dozens of counties. Pick a county any county. They can't find enough workers. South Texas, warm weather, great fishing and hunting. Plenty of bar room 8 ball hustling opportunities and did I mention the ladies.

Banks

Banned
Texas has Eagle Ford Shale stretching across dozens of counties. Pick a county any county. They can't find enough workers. South Texas, warm weather, great fishing and hunting. Plenty of bar room 8 ball hustling opportunities and did I mention the ladies.

Somebody say fishing? I'll have my g/f pack up the house this weekend! :eek:

RBC

Deceased
While I agree that a "Professional Pool Organization" is necessary I don't consider professionalism to be money oriented it's more a matter of expertise in a given trade or profession which Scott Frost obviously has. There are examples of professionals that work for things other than compensation.....For Example:

Definition[edit source | editbeta]

The main criteria for professionalism includes the following:

Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practicing professionally.[8]

Excellent manual/practical and literary skills in relation to profession.[9]

High quality work in (examples): creations, products, services, presentations, consultancy, primary/other research, administrative, marketing, photography or other work endeavors.

A high standard of professional ethics, behavior and work activities while carrying out one's profession (as an employee, self-employed person, career, enterprise, business, company, or partnership/associate/colleague, etc.). The professional owes a higher duty to a client, often a privilege of confidentiality, as well as a duty not to abandon a genuine client just because he or she may not be able to pay or remunerate the professional. Often the professional is required to put the interest of the client ahead of his own interests.

Reasonable work morale and motivation. Having interest and desire to do a job well as holding positive attitude towards the profession are important elements in attaining a high level of professionalism.

Appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues. Consideration should be shown to elderly, junior or inexperienced colleagues, as well as those with special needs. An example must be set to perpetuate the attitude of one's business without doing it harm.

A professional is an expert who is a master in a specific type of profession.

CJ

Professionalism doesn't really apply to my statements, or really anything in this discussion.

"Pro Pool Players" don't claim to be professionalism. They can and quite often act with professionalism, but it's not something that you are. Anyone can act with professionalism, but that does not meant they are professionals.

a "Professional" is a person who is engaged in a specific activity as their primary paid occupation, and not just a pastime.

Look, this is all semantics anyway. It doesn't matter if you get pool on TV, the radio, bubble gum cards or even on the moon. If people, and I mean everyday people, don't pay their hard earned dollars to patronize "Professional Pool" then it won't ever happen. I would pay lots of money to Justin Beiber if he would tell all his fans to buy an OB Cue. Not because he can play, and certainly not because I like or keep up with his career. The reason I would do it is because it would sell more OB Cues. Why would it sell more cues? How about because he has millions of fans. And many of them would go to our website and drop $500 on a cue just because He said the cue was great and he played with one.

As a business owner in the pool industry, I'm in a position to gain greatly from "Professional Pool" taking off and doing well. I would do anything I could to help it get there. BUT, and that's a big BUT, you can't "phone it in", or fake it. Until "Professional Pool" realizes that it must swoon it's fans and lead them to follow "Professional Pool" and pay attention to "Professional Pool", then nothing is going to change. "Pool" as I see it, which is the millions of us that play pool every day or every week and buy cues and pay table time and drink and eat at pool rooms and on and on, is the "low hanging fruit" for "Professional Pool". If "Professional Pool" can't earn fans from the millions of pool players out there who, most of which, would love to be fans of "Professional Pool" then how can it expect to garner the attention of the average people out there in TV land.

As I said before. I'm patiently waiting for the right people and organization to come along. And when it does, we will have a true "Professional" pool tour or organization. That person or group of people will "Sell" pool as entertainment, to the world. I'm greatly looking forward to it.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
How does your post help anyone or help pool overall?..or help your action in the long run?

I swear good players are their own worst enemies!

I've taken lessons from good players like you are and those cost me a bit. The $200 i spent with Gene (and the $150 with Scott Lee) did more for my flawed game than ANY of the pros who showed me how THEY play, not how to improve how I play.

You already took his dough by kicking his azzz...isn't that enough for now?

Jeff Livingston

No
I might take his lessons as well

1 man and no aiming system

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ken, i think i understand what you mean, but not all trades have that ability.

But i could of went back to school and received more knowledge in higher paying fields (i believe this is what you mean).

And i couldnt argue that point because it seems now that it would of been in my best interest to do so.

But i couldnt get my lazy ass out of the pool halls back then and that limited my education for the future for having a better paying job!

Me too. I don't mean the pool halls, but it really pi$$es me off when people say things about those folks who risked themselves starting their own businesses and became successful.

Early in my career when I was pretty broke, I did projects on the side. I worked at GE, and made good money, but I had a wife, 2 daughters that I supported. I was putting money in their college funds each month since their birth.

I didn't have the guts to make the jump and start my own business. So while people here want to say I am drinking Kool-Aid or whatever, that is okay. I know I worked as a janitor for 6 years while I was in high school and college and still went to school full time. Once I graduated, I worked as an Engineer at GE, and did projects on the side so I could save money for my kids to go to college.

The Kool-Aid I was drinking was I had responsibilities and I did whatever I could to meet them. I didn't expect or want the government to give me a handout. Today I don't see people with that same attitude.

Sounds like Scott Frost is looking at his life and making decisions that he feels is right for him. As I posted early in this thread, I respect him doing that, I wish him the best.

Ken

Last edited:

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
No
I might take his lessons as well

1 man and no aiming system

His lesson with Perfect Aim will merely tell you what you already do, naturally. Some people don't do this "naturally", in fact, I would say, "Most don't".

If I was Gene, I wouldn't give you any pool lessons. WTH?

JoeyA

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
His lesson with Perfect Aim will merely tell you what you already do, naturally. Some people don't do this "naturally", in fact, I would say, "Most don't".

If I was Gene, I wouldn't give you any pool lessons. WTH?

JoeyA

Lol
All jokes aside I can teach him about good fundamentals they will help him a lot

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I'm with Banks. I'll hook up the boat and pick you up on the way down.

Any commercial fishing jobs?

Beyond the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, I have no idea.

aces805

non iphone user
The future of pro pool players:

homeless-laptop.jpg

At least they'll have a laptop to continue posting on azbilliards.

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
I couldnt of said it better. In CAlifornia we didnt have craps and roulette for so long i never learned them. Now without them its hard for me to get back in. It makes me sick seeing as i can deal circles around most dealers working.
The only reason I want to get back in is the money. The people get old but it is not as bad as dealing with pool players.

You dont look too old in the photo in your avatar and you already know what the business is like, dice and the wheel are tough but if you got a good head, you should be able to fade it.

And as you know, it aint how well you deal, its how you handle people that means everything. I used to have guys on my crew that couldnt run down a stack for love or money, BUT they could make money off of anyone because they knew how to hustle and handle people.
If you aint doing nothing better, look into it. But if you got a better gig going, stick with what youre doing.