• no

Votes: 71 33.5%

• Total voters

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
pretty much my thoughts too

I voted no. This is supposed to be a pool forum. If aiming isn't included in playing pool, then why even have a forum?? This is supposed to be a forum, where people can learn about pool related things, not a chat room.

If you put aiming in it's own category, are you also for putting "What tip should I use?", and "What cue should I buy?", and "What league should I play in?" in their own categories??

How far do you want to break it all down into subsections? Pretty soon, their won't be anything worth reading in the main forum.The thing I find silly about it, is that so many complain about aiming threads, yet they constantly post in them just to try and make those that use them look stupid for doing so. THOSE are the trolls in my opinion, not the ones talking about how to get better at pool.

If you don't like those threads, why on earth are you bothering to read them? You can't control yourself? You just HAVE to click on it and respond? If so, what makes you think you won't do so if it is in it's own subsection?? Or don't you ever click on the 'main category'?

If people can't talk about pool related topics on the main forum lets make NPR the main forum and all of the different subjects related to pool can be subforums. After years of people saying they wanted the off topic stuff on the main forum two friends of mine did just that with a site about the size of AZB. The site dropped down to 10% or less of it's value when the main forum was for all of the things related to the main topic. Giving everyone their own little niche destroyed the site. It's a great place for friends to chat with each other and there are always a handful of good morning threads and replies in all of them. They talk about their dogs, children, cars, motorcycles, whatever on the main forum. It's a wonderful place to visit with friends. Since it no longer targets anyone it is of almost no interest to advertisers or sponsors though.

Far from continuing to fragment this forum I think we need to take a hard look at if some of the present subforums need to exist. Require titles of threads to be pertinent to the thread and delete threads with misleading titles. Then let the big boys and girls sort through all of the pool related threads on the main forum and decide which ones they want to read. Keep a for sale forum, a NPR forum as a dumping ground, and a cue makers forum. Take a hard look at if the other forums really need to exist or would be best served by groups and threads on the main forum. I enjoy reading about 14.1, snooker, most cue sports. I don't go digging through every subforum every day.

Hu

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I voted yes but I don't agree that aiming threads are of minimal interest. You can see by their views that they are popular. I now have 47 people in my little yahoo group who are intersted in learning about CTE and I doubt that 35 of them have ever posted in any aiming thread.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
I voted yes but I don't agree that aiming threads are of minimal interest. You can see by their views that they are popular. I now have 47 people in my little yahoo group who are intersted in learning about CTE and I doubt that 35 of them have ever posted in any aiming thread.

JB thanks for the yahoo group on CTE. I am learning more about the system and the videos you've put up are very helpful.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member

You are right.
I actually think that the aiming threads are of huge interest.
I really don't have a problem with CTE.

I only have problems with the whore groupies who feel the need to constantly bring it up, not to discuss it, but solely to get their rocks off by bringing it up.

Groupies must die.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I voted no. This is supposed to be a pool forum. If aiming isn't included in playing pool, then why even have a forum?? This is supposed to be a forum, where people can learn about pool related things, not a chat room.

If you put aiming in it's own category, are you also for putting "What tip should I use?", and "What cue should I buy?", and "What league should I play in?" in their own categories??

How far do you want to break it all down into subsections? Pretty soon, there won't be anything worth reading in the main forum.The thing I find silly about it, is that so many complain about aiming threads, yet they constantly post in them just to try and make those that use them look stupid for doing so. THOSE are the trolls in my opinion, not the ones talking about how to get better at pool.

If you don't like those threads, why on earth are you bothering to read them? You can't control yourself? You just HAVE to click on it and respond? If so, what makes you think you won't do so if it is in it's own subsection?? Or don't you ever click on the 'main category'?

I'll also tap to that.

We don't need a subsection for every topic. I don't want everything broken down as I like having most topics compiled under the "main forum" category, I don't want to browse 8 different forums.

The Snooker Forum has a category for coaching questions, introductions, player twitters, snooker scene articles, general snooker questions, professional tournament discussion, junior competition discussion, ladies professional tournament discussion, articles, snooker history, a pool forum, billiards forum, quizes, tables, cues, accessories, 8 different forums on video games, auctions, book reviews, for sale, News AND a main forum.

It's so bloody tedious. Some of the categories are useful and interesting, but many of them are redundant and rarely updated.

My vote is that we don't need anymore subforums. If someone is looking for info, we have a search function. And even if we do have an aiming section, we will still get aiming questions in the main forum anyways.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Absolutely correct. This will be unstickied in a couple of days.

Mike

edit: PS to nathan - I think this is a sticky only temporarily while the mods get a feel for what people think on this. Basically they ignore 90% of the requests for subforums, but I guess every so often they see a request that makes sense. So maybe this is how they are gonna handle that in the future - a sticky that everyone can vote on. Once enough votes are in, they take it down. That's my guess.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If you don't wanna read a thread, don't read it. To say it clutters up the main forum - c'mon. That's nit-picking.

Why not create a banking sub-forum, a stroking sub-forum, and a sub-forum for every aspect of pool so there's nothing in the main forum. If you don't like a thread - ignore the thread.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
If you don't wanna read a thread, don't read it. To say it clutters up the main forum - c'mon. That's nit-picking.

Why not create a banking sub-forum, a stroking sub-forum, and a sub-forum for every aspect of pool so there's nothing in the main forum. If you don't like a thread - ignore the thread.

When every single one of those topics goes full flame in every single thread about them, and every single one of those topics has a loyal following of groupie trolls trying to pump up said topics at every turn, all while they clutter up the front page, maybe they eventually will.:D

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When every single one of those topics goes full flame in every single thread about them, and every single one of those topics has a loyal following of groupie trolls trying to pump up said topics at every turn, all while they clutter up the front page, maybe they eventually will.:D

Not all end in flames. They don't clutter anything. Ignore them if you don't like 'em. Groupie trolls? You participate in the threads as much as anyone. You'd be bored without them.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Not all end in flames. They don't clutter anything. Ignore them if you don't like 'em. Groupie trolls? You participate in the threads as much as anyone. You'd be bored without them.

They all end in flames.
Participation is not the same thing as being a groupie/yes man/brown nose/pom pom wielding cheerleader.

Bored without them?
Clearly a projection on your part.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id like to see a Sub Forum for this-A place i will not often frequent for sure.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
Yeah, more subforums is just what we need. We keep making more and more subforums then wth is gonna be in the main forum?

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Putting aiming threads into another section will only do one thing- it will lessen the amount of people that can learn something from this forum.

FAIL!

So you mean to tell me that clicking on an aiming sub forum, or an instructor sub forum, is going to waste any more energy, or take any more effort then clicking on the MAIN forum?

L. O. freaking L.
That is completely ridiculous.

Try telling that to the people who enjoy playing 14.1. who enjoy their sub forum.

Last edited:

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I vote no

Superstar this is suppose to be a poll that you started not a debate.
Would you kindly let people vote of their own free will and quit trying to solicit votes. It really makes you sound like a anti aiming W groupie troll.:poke:
Who is going to monitor this this new section?
What are they going to do if a post in this new section is flamed?
Will negativity not be tolerated like in the For Sale section?
All in all IMHO it is a dumb idea. Just like the reveiw section was.:sorry:
Aiming threads come in waves. This one just happens to be a Sunami. It will be over soon. Do as I do don't read them if they bother you.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
FAIL!

So you mean to tell me that clicking on an aiming sub forum, or an instructor sub forum, is going to waste any more energy, or take any more effort then clicking on the MAIN forum?

L. O. freaking L.
That is completely ridiculous.

Try telling that to the people who enjoy playing 14.1. who enjoy their sub forum.

I think you need to calm down a bit.