Sky Woodward Forced to Pull Out of World Pool Championship

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BREAKING NEWS from Billiards Digest: Sky Woodward has reportedly had to pull out of World Pool Championship because of ice storms in Texas cancelling his flights. He had decided to go home to Texas from Louisville for a day after Derby, while others flew directly to Poland. What a tough break.

My thought is, of course, to pray that our Texas friends stay safe and out of harm's way with Mother Nature. The second thought that comes to mind is how Sky's absence of Matchroom's World Pool Championship will affect his Matchroom ranking points. He and Shane are America's top players. Stay strong, Sky!

327921321_463679879153637_6868553042727036329_n.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BREAKING NEWS from Billiards Digest: Sky Woodward has reportedly had to pull out of World Pool Championship because of ice storms in Texas cancelling his flights. He had decided to go home to Texas from Louisville for a day after Derby, while others flew directly to Poland. What a tough break.

My thought is, of course, to pray that our Texas friends stay safe and out of harm's way with Mother Nature. The second thought that comes to mind is how Sky's absence of Matchroom's World Pool Championship will affect his Matchroom ranking points. He and Shane are America's top players. Stay strong, Sky!

View attachment 685387
We got the same storm in Tulsa as they did. Texas shuts down if it snows one flake. Anything like sleet comes down and its utter chaos down there. Too bad he couldn't go. It must have been pretty bad for DFW to cancel flights.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s gotta be a big disappointment for him, too bad. Snowed out in Texas you just don’t really think of much. Best going forward to all.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
That sleet is all the way up here in northern Tennessee. Schools are closed too. If i tried walking down my driveway to get the mail right now I wouldn't stop sliding on my back until I hit the garage door across the street.
Sucks for Sky. He plays well in the big internationals.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sleet is all the way up here in northern Tennessee. Schools are closed too. If i tried walking down my driveway to get the mail right now I wouldn't stop sliding on my back until I hit the garage door across the street.
Sucks for Sky. He plays well in the big internationals.
Ice fishing cleats. They are cheap and will prob last you a lifetime. I use mine all the time when icy. Don't screw up like I did.... I wasn't thinking and walked across the kitchen linoleum. Didn't turn out well! The ol lady got the new kitchen floor she has been wanting!

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I attended 16 schools in 12 states as a kid from Alaska to Texas. What causes chaos in Texas is a normal day in Northern climates. My brother and I walked to school one day in Breckenridge, Texas and we noticed a little snow or frost on the grass - no big deal. We got to school and nobody was there. We spotted a man near the school and he told us school was cancelled due to the snow. We walked home and Mom who was born and raised in rural Northwest Iowa didn't believe us when we told her they cancelled school due to the snow.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I attended 16 schools in 12 states as a kid from Alaska to Texas. What causes chaos in Texas is a normal day in Northern climates. My brother and I walked to school one day in Breckenridge, Texas and we noticed a little snow or frost on the grass - no big deal. We got to school and nobody was there. We spotted a man near the school and he told us school was cancelled due to the snow. We walked home and Mom who was born and raised in rural Northwest Iowa didn't believe us when we told her they cancelled school due to the snow.
Here in Colorado you can almost always tell a warm weather driver driving for the first time on snow and ice.
Yup I have all wheel drive I don't have to slow down. LOL

Justaneng

Registered
I decided to stop by Dallas to see my friend on my way back from Shanghai, I’m stuck in the same ice sheet. Sitting in DFW waiting on another flight since mine was cancelled yesterday. It’s fine for planes but a lot of the roads are pretty bad.

Banger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So far, it's pretty much been all sleet here in the DFW area. Not too much, but just enough to make the roads a little messy. As far as planes go (commercial airliners)....flying in it isn't the problem. But landing, or taking off on a slippery (ice covered) runway is. So the runways have to be cleared, and planes have to be deiced. And that causes delays.

Edit: We're now getting just a little bit of rain, and it's only 29 degrees.

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Here in Colorado you can almost always tell a warm weather driver driving for the first time on snow and ice.
Yup I have all wheel drive I don't have to slow down. LOL
We are 250" this season and we are only half way through. I have worked every day since Thanksgiving...haulass.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
T
We are 250" this season and we are only half way through. I have worked every day since Thanksgiving...haulass.
Texans may not navigate winter conditions as well as I do, but they can take the summer heat a lot better then me. I'd move to Texas if it wasn't for the toaster oven heat. That, and I couldn't, or wouldn't, give up my Snowmobiles!

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in a hotel room near Dallas right now (Lewisville) watching cars and trucks cruising up and down the highway. Just got back from a trip to Target myself. Don't believe all the weather reports. Texans cannot handle the cold temperatures.