So the Bonus Ball saga continues.....

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ENGLISH,in this case the horse has been dead for a long time.This latest stall is only a surprise ,and the latest red flag to the dreamers.Everyone else understands a dead horse can't run!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
ENGLISH,in this case the horse has been dead for a long time.This latest stall is only a surprise ,and the latest red flag to the dreamers.Everyone else understands a dead horse can't run!

I understand a truly dead horse can't run.

But the Indian rider rode the horse that the guy left for dead for another 10 miles before the horse truly died & when he caught up to the guy it was at a station wear the Indian bought a new horse because he was RICH Indian.:wink:

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have discussed more than once the realm of leagal action available to the players, from class action suits to employment practices violations...

Do ya think bang-us ball has cash set aside for a good lawyer?

If the owners think that the players are going to be viewed as contractiors by all employment agencies and courts, they are in for a big surprise.

The DOL has equal distaste for ignorance and deceit:The misclassification of employees as something other than employees, such as independent contractors, presents a serious problem for affected employees, employers, and to the entire economy.

The case history in NV says:
Under the common law, the most important factor in determining whether a worker qualifies as an employee is the alleged employer's right to control the details of performance.   See Faith Realty & Dev. Co. v. Industrial Comm'n, 170 Colo. 215, 220, 460 P.2d 228, 230 (1969);  Dumont v. Teets, 128 Colo. 395, 397, 262 P.2d 734, 735 (1953);  Perkins v. Regional Transp. Dist., 907 P.2d 672, 675 (Colo.App.1995) (emphasizing that the right to control, not the fact of control, is the key consideration).

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
Anyone smell a lawsuit in the future?

I doubt that, he will be in switzerland down the street from Kevin Trudeau before they get one dime!

Sad, but just how the system works!

The guy lives in Canada and extradition is unlikely and most Lawyers would not touch the case with a 10 foot pole!

KD

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand your post ,no problem lol.This horse is dead and mostly decayed.
I think we are all on the same page!

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I suppose your message here, by providing the Monty Python sketch, is that if you don't have enough cheese, then you can't do business?

I hope all of you who write the negative, pessimistic, and uninformed comments on here eat your words.

BONUS BALL WILL BE BACK AND WHEN IT RETURNS ALL OF YOU WILL REGRET WAITING TO HOLD YOUR TONGUES. NO SUCCESS IS ACHIEVED WITHOUT FAILURES. FOR BB TO ADMIT IT NEEDS TO REASSESS, THEN THAT SHOULD BE ALL THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW THAT THESE GUYS ARE SERIOUS.

BE GONE.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suppose your message here, by providing the Monty Python sketch, is that if you don't have enough cheese, then you can't do business?

I hope all of you who write the negative, pessimistic, and uninformed comments on here eat your words.

BONUS BALL WILL BE BACK AND WHEN IT RETURNS ALL OF YOU WILL REGRET WAITING TO HOLD YOUR TONGUES. NO SUCCESS IS ACHIEVED WITHOUT FAILURES. FOR BB TO ADMIT IT NEEDS TO REASSESS, THEN THAT SHOULD BE ALL THE INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW THAT THESE GUYS ARE SERIOUS.

BE GONE.
For the players' sake- those who hav invested immeasurable effort and have had major change imposed upon them- I hope you are right.

But you do know the road to hell is paved with good intention, right?
nelson-haha-simpsons.gif

Last edited:

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"YOU CAN"T CURE STUPID" Giving facts to a fool is like giving a flashlight to a blind man!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

BE GONE.

Actually one real good way to show they are serious is pay what they owe.

Why would anyone regret anything they say? If BB somehow magically does come back what are they going to do to make anyone regret anything ?

The fact that you went all gangsta caps does scare me a little though.

LOL..."BE GONE."

So much awesome.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have discussed more than once the realm of leagal action available to the players, from class action suits to employment practices violations...

Do ya think bang-us ball has cash set aside for a good lawyer?

If the owners think that the players are going to be viewed as contractiors by all employment agencies and courts, they are in for a big surprise.

The DOL has equal distaste for ignorance and deceit:The misclassification of employees as something other than employees, such as independent contractors, presents a serious problem for affected employees, employers, and to the entire economy.

The case history in NV says:
Under the common law, the most important factor in determining whether a worker qualifies as an employee is the alleged employer's right to control the details of performance.   See Faith Realty & Dev. Co. v. Industrial Comm'n, 170 Colo. 215, 220, 460 P.2d 228, 230 (1969);  Dumont v. Teets, 128 Colo. 395, 397, 262 P.2d 734, 735 (1953);  Perkins v. Regional Transp. Dist., 907 P.2d 672, 675 (Colo.App.1995) (emphasizing that the right to control, not the fact of control, is the key consideration).

If they cash those checks that say for players contract they may have no case as that could be assed as payment in full . Insurance companies do it all the time
That's providing their is anybody to sue you can't squeeze water from a rock
and LLC laws protect Individuals

The whole thing was a pipe dream from the start only those smoking it saw it anything other than that

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
....The guy lives in Canada and extradition is unlikely and most Lawyers would not touch the case with a 10 foot pole!

KD

true statement.

in my business, we are independent contractors, for manufacturers. if we don't get paid (well then, we stop working for you!) - it is impossible to go after someone outside of the US.

Canada & Italy - only recourse, is to file complaint(s) in that country w/ their version of US Atty General/BBB. both countries' governments look down-on poor business transactions w/ the US (because the govt subsidizes). these agencies will put pressure on the mfg to pay-up/settle ASAP.

of course, if they've skipped the country w/ all the $,$$$,$$$, then -

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options...: give up, or Fight Like Hell.
-Lance Armstrong

I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in winning my seven Tours since 1999.
-Lance Armstrong

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
When I read your post here, I was like... hmmm, is this someone with skin in the game? So I checked a few of your other posts. The following 2 I am quoting seem a bit contradictory, or at least reflecting a change in outlook. You are @ the only one posting in this thread that isn't ticked @ today's delayed press release illustrating further broken promises.
How many fans stayed after the BCAPL in Vegas in hopes to watch BB when BB might have been more forthright? How many people have pinned their hopes &/or $$$ on BB and how many others (ex. promoters, players) felt some sting?

Just curious Boogeyman...

BE GONE.

On 12/17/12 you wrote:

Good post, Petroboy.
Well, first off, if I were a professional player I would NOT sign up for this BB ride. SVB did well by not getting involved with this one.

Second, changing the game is NOT the way to go if we are trying to recruit the masses. WTF? The IPT had it correct: play 8-ball. You have to match what the amateurs are playing. New ball sets? Shot clock? New arena? My hats go off to these innovators but I predict BB will be a passing fad. Just watch, the pro players who signed contracts will be licking their chops to get out of this "league." You're gonna see a whole line change of new players who replace the "pioneers." My other prediction is with the sunk costs, this new arena will first turn into a pool room and then nothing more than an office building.

Where oh where is the IPT? I REALLY thought that could have been THE turning point for pool games!!!

sonnymanila

Registered
I want to support the players also. Can't blame them for sticking with BB. My only gripe with BB is that it's too long, 90 mins should be enough. Next BB event, I would like to buy one, even for a month. For the players, and for the filipino players (which i am from).

Banks

Banned
If they cash those checks that say for players contract they may have no case as that could be assed as payment in full . Insurance companies do it all the time
That's providing their is anybody to sue you can't squeeze water from a rock
and LLC laws protect Individuals

The whole thing was a pipe dream from the start only those smoking it saw it anything other than that

Not necessarily. My work routinely issues checks for certain things that contain stipulations for 'finallity' if you will. Their regular checks should be referencing a contract, as was shown. If they are trying to pull a fast one, they would be referencing a part of the contract or have something to the effect of it being a final payment. Even then, it may not hold up if there is no actual signed agreement releasing the employer from the debt.

Banks

Banned
Well I know that times are hard for us Bonus Ball supporters (aka the Silent Majority)...and even though I am not associated with the WPBL and Bonus Ball in any way...I have come up with my own ideas to help pass the time while we wait for the real announcement of Bonus Balls' future to happen....

So here are my top ten ideas:

1. Write your Congressperson about making Bonus Ball the new National Sport of the USA!!!

2. Buy up all the Bonus Ball ball sets you can now, while the market is down, so that when BB comes back and EVERYONE wants to play you'll be the most popular person in your neighborhood because you have a set when no one else can get one!!!

3. Invest in my Orange and Purple Fat Free Frozen Yogurt business that will be up and going outside the Bonus Ball Arena for the Super Bonus Ball Bowl finals, when the overflow crowd outside in front of the Giant Screen TV will want (no need) all the refreshments they can get to survive the Vegas heat...(served by Bonus Ball Girls, and with a piece of Black Licorice on the top of course).

4. Dress up as a Bonus Ball Girl and collect donations at the local shopping center to help Bonus Ball get back on it's feet again, and yes, begin it's rise to the top of the pool world as the Queen of Pool Games!!!

5. Go to Vegas RIGHT NOW and picket in front of the Bonus Ball Arena *DEMANDING* that Bonus Ball come back soon...(WE WANT BONUS BALL, WE WANT BONUS BALL...etc. etc.)....

6. If Bonus Ball had Cheerleaders at halftime (for each of the teams) then the viewership would undoubtedly be up 1000% (or so)...so support unemployed Cheerleaders by demanding them in the half-time show of the new and improved Bonus Ball that's coming soon to Streaming Outlets new you and for that matter everywhere!!!

7. I'm not supposed to say anything...but OK...the new Bonus Ball Cola Energy Drink is coming out next week, (I think it is), and trust me, you're are really going to like the heck out of it...(but you never heard anything about it here huh)...

8. Help me finish my (semi) official Bonus Ball Song...here's what I have so far...

Bonus Ball, Bonus Ball, Bonus Bonus Ball...

9. There are still those signed $1500 Bonus Ball posters for sale...get them now while the supply lasts...(offer valid only where not prohibited etc.)....

10. Let's let all the anti-Bonus Ball snakes in the grass here expel all their venom, in the next few weeks, while we're all waiting for the the big announcement to be made...so that maybe then, they won't end up poisoning themselves with all their pent up negativity and hate, if and when Bonus ball emerges as the *BIG* winner we all know it can be!!!

GO Bonus Ball GO!!!!
:):wink::smile::grin-square::grin:

Are you from Earth? :confused: