Stolen cues alert! Lafayette LA last Monday night.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been 10 days, and I do have my spies out searching the pawn shops. Still no luck from the police, and no concrete answers from insurance. Since I did not have the cues on a rider, I don't know if they will be covered or not.

Scott Lee

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, I'm not seeing any pics of your stolen cues, where are they posted? or maybe a link so that we know what to look for.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hate to say this but there are probably some bar bangers enjoying their new $100 cues.
Not angry at you, just mad in general about this whole deal. You are right though, those cues will probably show up at a room somewhere in the U.S. by some dude who has no clue that they are stolen, and that's exactly why we need pics.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
It's been 10 days, and I do have my spies out searching the pawn shops. Still no luck from the police, and no concrete answers from insurance. Since I did not have the cues on a rider, I don't know if they will be covered or not.

Scott Lee
I lost two cues on the mail . They ended up in a Craigslist ad in Atlanta .
CL might be the ticket . Watch for them there .

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott, I'm not seeing any pics of your stolen cues, where are they posted? or maybe a link so that we know what to look for.
I'm looking through old photos to try and find some that would be clear enough to use. I probably took pictures when I got the cues in 2001, but those would be lost by now. One was the Samsara Spiderweb cue, made specifically for me. If anyone knows how to post a picture of that cue, from their catalog please PM me.

Scott Lee

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Az😉
Screenshot_20210613-225741_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210613-225741_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210613-225717_Chrome.jpg

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well if the thieves know what they stole, they may sit on it for a while.

or Pawn it, put on EBay, or Craig’s list.

sadly most Police Department take a report, give to over worked detectives. Unless the crime is high profile, it goes into stack of other crime under investigation.

I know in AZ the Phoenix PD is short 700-900 Officers.

So proactive policing, is just answering calls.

Kid I know is Jailer in local jail, their last Class was 6 people.

Police agencies are not being flooded with applications.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well since he's doing such a bang up job with all the children with cancer I'm sure he has time to find Scotts cues.

He is too busy helping football players score touchdowns to help the kids and find cues.

I popped back to see if the stuff was recovered but seems no luck.

middleofnowhere

Registered
Not exactly, but very similar. Mine was only 4 points and had substancial ivory in it. Thanks for posting.

Scott Lee
You have done the police report. You need a picture to go with it to memorialize it. You should contact the makers and at the very least have them provide you a letter describing the cue attesting to value and it's actual existence period. A picture that while not the exact cue a reasonable representation would be good. This needs to be done as soon as possible to create a time line. I believe at some point the cues will show up and you need to be able to prove they are your cues. Owners often have a problem getting back stolen goods.

If the cues were made for you they may have something under the wrap. I once got a call from some guy who had bought a Szamboti. When having the cue refinished they found my name written on the wood under the wrap. This used to be common.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try using one of the craigslist crawlers that can search EVERY craigslist site at once. This is the one I use, it's not very user friendly but I don't use it very often.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have done the police report. You need a picture to go with it to memorialize it. You should contact the makers and at the very least have them provide you a letter describing the cue attesting to value and it's actual existence period. A picture that while not the exact cue a reasonable representation would be good. This needs to be done as soon as possible to create a time line. I believe at some point the cues will show up and you need to be able to prove they are your cues. Owners often have a problem getting back stolen goods.

If the cues were made for you they may have something under the wrap. I once got a call from some guy who had bought a Szamboti. When having the cue refinished they found my name written on the wood under the wrap. This used to be common.
Good point about the pictures. Thanks. Since I never needed a rewrap, I honestly don't know if there's anything under the wrap. I will contact Jim Stadum and find out!

Scott Lee

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
Why does it always seem to happen to the good guys? Why do we never hear of these shitheel assclowns reaping their karma rewards?
I am sorry and angered to hear this Scott. I'm going to assume that whoever did this is not a player and doesn't know what he has. They will try to unload it quickly. Lafayette is not that big a town and there are not that many venues. Hopefully your case and cues will turn up, get spotted and we will hear about some justice getting served.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked up Red Roof Inn Lafayette on google maps. Two interstates run through Lafayette LA. High school just down the street from the hotel.

If it was stolen by local kids it will probably show up at a Lafayette pawn shop or pool hall for sale. If it was stolen by someone staying at the same hotel it could be somewhere between Texas, the East coast and Canada.