Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Earl

It is astonishing that the best American 9 ball player of the last 30 years is not in the HOF. No one has the resume that Earl has.

He is, actually. Voted in in 2006 shortly after this thread started in 2005. The vote must have worked:) So now how about Jose?

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you guys get your facts straight! This dosen't have anything to do with the BCA, it's Earl. Earl asked NOT to be in the HOF until he deserves it.....SPF-randyg

That's Earl's way of a double steer. I think he feels that he deserves it and I couldn't think of a top pro who wouldn't want to be in the HOF.

Last edited:

JesseAllred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He is, actually. Voted in in 2006 shortly after this thread started in 2005. The vote must have worked:) So now how about Jose?

well, at least someone knows what's going on. Dave, you are the king. Jose will probably be in there in the next few years.

Pangit

Banned
I see some posts ariseing as they do(every year) about BCA's snubbing of Earl Strickland into the Hall of Fame.With something like 5 World titles and 5 US opens(and countless other titles) this is freakin' unbelievable.He is the greatest 9 baller ever and a living legend.

Everyone who thinks he should get in sign here and we can send this petition link to the BCA.After we are pool players and we love the game. Is the BCA really above us when it comes to pool and acknowledging greatness?Let's show them were pissed off. Anyone who doesn't think he should get in,go join the BCA and don't respond to this post.This post is only for those who wish to express their consent that Earl gets in.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Come on BCA, get real and vote Earl into the Hall of Fame.

Yuck, Yuck Yuck... Seriously. He can play, but at the same time he is probably the poorest example of sportsmanship in all of sports. Maybe U can come up with a "worst" loser??? I can't. Then U want to "enshrine" him in the Hall of fame? Earl Strickland is a perfect example of what the next generation should not emulate. It's comical. There are MANY better player's that are respectful...where to start?

Shoeless Joe Jackson "bought' his fate, so did Pete Rose. Excuses, excuses. yada, yada, yada.

He doesn't pass the smell test. He's right there with Jerry Sandusky.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yuck, Yuck Yuck... Seriously. He can play, but at the same time he is probably the poorest example of sportsmanship in all of sports. Maybe U can come up with a "worst" loser??? I can't. Then U want to "enshrine" him in the Hall of fame? Earl Strickland is a perfect example of what the next generation should not emulate. It's comical. There are MANY better player's that are respectful...where to start?

Shoeless Joe Jackson "bought' his fate, so did Pete Rose. Excuses, excuses. yada, yada, yada.

I'm not sure about a "smell test," but something, or somebody, sure is stinking up AzBilliards Discussion Forum in recent times. :)

Attachments

• 070905_smelly_stinky_02.jpg
    070905_smelly_stinky_02.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 169

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Then U want to "enshrine" him in the Hall of fame? Earl Strickland is a perfect example of what the next generation should not emulate. It's comical. There are MANY better player's that are respectful...where to start?

Hmmm....MANY better players?????
So how MANY have won MORE than 6 World titles and 5 US Opens?

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2006 Inducted into the BCA Hall of Fame:

EARL STRICKLAND was a dominant player during the 1980s and 1990s, and continues to be so today. He currently holds over 100 tournament titles and has been named “Player of the Year” five times. He won the Akron Open nine times and the US Open 9-Ball Championship five times: 1984, 1987, 1993, 1997 and 2000. He has won the World 9-Ball Championship six times: 1984, ‘88, ‘90, ‘91, ‘94 and 2002. He most recently won the World Pool Masters Trick Shot Challenge in 2003. In addition to his individual championships, he has been a team member on nine winning U.S. Mosconi Cup teams, including 2005, and was captain in two of those years. He has conducted numerous exhibitions at trade shows, Air Force bases and at the Raoping Billiard School in China. Mr. Strickland maintains an active charity schedule, donating exhibition time for programs such as Pool Aid ’95, D.A.R.E., Paralyzed Veterans of America, Brenner Children’s Hospital, Billiard Education Foundation, Children’s Burn Center and others.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure about a "smell test," but something, or somebody, sure is stinking up AzBilliards Discussion Forum in recent times. :)

We have a winner. Why these old threads are being thrown back up is silly. Strickland in HOF for 5 years, but someone has to dig this one back up. Unemployment rate must still be high.

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You're actually comparing Strickland to Sandusky?!! Really?!!

And by the way, Joe Jackson was acquitted in a court of law. There was almost no evidence that he took money to lose the world series. He batted something like .360 or .370 in the series with no errors.

jaybanthony

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gets my vote

Earl Deserves to be in the Hall of Fame!..............On a side note, I met the "Pearl" for the first time about a week ago in Queens,NY, He couldn't have been any nicer. I'm a fan of his game, His personality is not for me to dissect.

icem3n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What the ....... Strickland should be in the HOF.

bigg7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl

You can't compare anyone to Sandusky to try is assinine.
Is Earl a duchbag=check
Is Earl a poor sport= check
An asshole is an asshole but only a pedophile can be measured against another pedophile!