Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
supercue said:
This was a match that Shane has been waiting
to play for a long time as he he has said "If you want to be the best you
You have to beat the best"and he is making a that statement a reality and
making all of us at home very proud. (grandpa[/SIZE][/SIZE] Gary)

Do ya think you could arrange a match between Shane and I and convince him to "throw" the match ;) so I could be the best for at least a day? :grin-square: :grin-square: :grin-square:

Maniac

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
You should be proud Gramps! He's the best in the world. How many people can actually say that?

IA8baller

Family man.
Silver Member
Best of all, not only is he one of the best in skill, he's also a very personable and approachable guy. I chatted with him for a bit at last year's ISPA Iowa State Championship in Davenport, IA and he seemed to come across as a genuinely likeable guy. Nothing but the best wishes from me to your Grandson. I hope he achieves all he wants to.:thumbup2:

philw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IA8baller said:
Best of all, not only is he one of the best in skill, he's also a very personable and approachable guy. I chatted with him for a bit at last year's ISPA Iowa State Championship in Davenport, IA and he seemed to come across as a genuinely likeable guy. Nothing but the best wishes from me to your Grandson. I hope he achieves all he wants to.:thumbup2:
Congrats to Shane! It seems only fitting that Efren hand the torch to Shane. Both of these guys are class acts and very down to earth.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Congrats to Shane and Family. Glad to see Shane bouncing back after that brutal loss to Alex. I won money betting on Alex but I honestly thought the money was absolutely gone when I bet it and Alex came back and go there. That would really damage a lot of players and I am SO PROUD to Shane stepping up and taking it right to the top of the Filipino contingent. I have no doubt that if Dennis Orcullo were here that Shane would take him on as well!

Shane Van Boening, you never disappoint us! Someday you will be the unquestioned best pool player on Earth!

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
They should do this again, but playing 9-ball. Maybe race to 35.

Effy just does not break well enough for 10-ball (certainly not sayin' he can't win though).

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
supercue said:
I stayed up all night to follow my grandsons match which Shane won
23 to 18 for 20 big ones.This was a match that Shane has been waiting
to play for a long time as he he has said "If you want to be the best you
You have to beat the best"and he is making a that statement a reality and
making all of us at home very proud. (grandpa][/SIZE]

Congrats Gary,

Was lucky enough to meet Shane a couple of years ago, he is good people and very respectful.....congrats to Shane, as well as to you and your family....glad to see him perform so well....

Jason

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20 Gs?

Sorry to have to ask this, but does the "20 Big Ones" refer to 10K put up by each player? That would only be 10 Big Ones won, as I see it....

I see this so much on that TV program, "High Stakes Poker"....
There might be 20K in the pot, and player A bets 10K, player B folds, and the commentator says player A wins a $30,000 pot.....it's misleading...

ragbug74

Next NYTimes Best-Seller!
Silver Member
wahcheck said:
Sorry to have to ask this, but does the "20 Big Ones" refer to 10K put up by each player? That would only be 10 Big Ones won, as I see it....

I see this so much on that TV program, "High Stakes Poker"....
There might be 20K in the pot, and player A bets 10K, player B folds, and the commentator says player A wins a $30,000 pot.....it's misleading...

....but once you commit it to the pot, it's gone unless you "win" it back.....

CrisDeLaGarza

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Gary, Efren wanted to play downstairs but Shane insisted they play on TAR so that you and everyone else back home could watch. I'm glad you got to see it!

oasisbilliards

Registered
this is just to show you how weak shane game is, He has not the balls to to challenge any of the younger one instead pick a guy who has been through health problem and has aged. effy's game is not like it used to be and shane has the balls to challenge. how about lee van van or ronnie or dennis let see if his game can keep with this three. it is a shame that shane wants to measure his game with the like of effren.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
oasisbilliards said:
this is just to show you how weak shane game is, He has not the balls to to challenge any of the younger one instead pick a guy who has been through health problem and has aged. effy's game is not like it used to be and shane has the balls to challenge. how about lee van van or ronnie or dennis let see if his game can keep with this three. it is a shame that shane wants to measure his game with the like of effren.
First.....

lady9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oasisbilliards said:

OMG did you really post this??? :eek:

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
philw said:
Congrats to Shane! It seems only fitting that Efren hand the torch to Shane. Both of these guys are class acts and very down to earth.

That's very well said and I couldn't agree more.
Congrats to Shane and a giant "thank you" to Efren for the way he's conducted himself all these years. I never saw him lose his cool or be anything other than gracious and humble. And I know he has many, many more wins still left in him.

Shane has big footsteps to follow, but I'm very confident that he'll continue to make everyone proud of him and happy for him.

metallicane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oasisbilliards said:

Wow. Hard to comment on something like this.