SVB vs Earl betting line

uwate said:
You gonna put out a games on the wire line Corvette?

Btw I always wanted to ask...you own a Vette?


I probably won't put out a games line and I'm also not gonna take any bets so far in advance since we don't even know precisely when this will happen, but as long as Shane doesn't get a concussion or something then the line will stand. Also, yes, I do own a Corvette Convertible.
 
corvette1340 said:
but as long as Shane doesn't get a concussion or something then the line will stand.

More likely Earl's head will explode from focusing so hard.
 
iba7467 said:
I'll take that, $35 to $50. I actually like Shane in this one, but I'll be the first to put up.

It is $49 to $35 but Im not gonna cover action until the dates are released.
 
This might be premature to take action with not even a date set.

Personally, I think the line will have to be a higher payout than 7 to 5 to get any substantial action on Earl. I love watching Earl run rack after rack on Accustats, but the problem is thats the only time in the last few years I have been able to see that kind of Earl. He has either got to show people he can steamroll again like he did with regularity in the 80s and 90s or the line has to get better imo. I know I just watched Shane steamroll a few weeks ago.
 
uwate said:
This might be premature to take action with not even a date set.

Personally, I think the line will have to be a higher payout than 7 to 5 to get any substantial action on Earl. I love watching Earl run rack after rack on Accustats, but the problem is thats the only time in the last few years I have been able to see that kind of Earl. He has either got to show people he can steamroll again like he did with regularity in the 80s and 90s or the line has to get better imo. I know I just watched Shane steamroll a few weeks ago.

I agree uwate. When was the last tourament Earl won anyway? I believe it's been a very long time. Johnnyt
 
jay helfert said:
I'm not convinced they will play at the Qlympics,
They are playing in The Action Report Room at the Qlympics on November 15-17. Match will be first one to 30 on Thursday, first one to 60 on Friday and will conclude on Saturday.

We will release all the info and the flyer late tonight or tomorrow. There will be a second match that will take place on Nov. 8-10. We have one last detail to nail down before we announce it. The players and format will be announced when the flyer goes up.

Here is a hint: Think All-Around.
 
JCIN said:
They are playing in The Action Report Room at the Qlympics on November 15-17. Match will be first one to 30 on Thursday, first one to 60 on Friday and will conclude on Saturday.

We will release all the info and the flyer late tonight or tomorrow. There will be a second match that will take place on Nov. 8-10. We have one last detail to nail down before we announce it. The players and format will be announced when the flyer goes up.

Here is a hint: Think All-Around.

Don't quite understand the dates, the second match is before the 1st one.
 
JCIN said:
They are playing in The Action Report Room at the Qlympics on November 15-17. Match will be first one to 30 on Thursday, first one to 60 on Friday and will conclude on Saturday.

We will release all the info and the flyer late tonight or tomorrow. There will be a second match that will take place on Nov. 8-10. We have one last detail to nail down before we announce it. The players and format will be announced when the flyer goes up.

Here is a hint: Think All-Around.
Ill take a guess, Shannon Daulton vs Danny Harriman, banks 1 hole and 10 ball. I'm taking Danny!
 
pooljunkie4ever said:
Don't quite understand the dates, the second match is before the 1st one.
Yes.

The second match....Nov. 8-10 has not been mentioned yet, to me it is the second match of the event because it is the second one we put together for the Qlympics (Shane vs Earl being the first). You are correct in that chronologically my "second match" is the first :D

Yes I'm a little loopy today. I have DVD on the brain :D
 
After what Shane did to Corey I think even 7 to 5 is a low line. I think Shane is more of a favorite than that. He is just on fire right now. And if Earl does what he usually does and loses his cool at all he will get absolutely torchered. Having said that if the line goes up at all I will take Earl. :) I am just stuck on the old Earl that used to put packages together. Who knows maybe he can get back to that. Lets get that line movin! :) I will take Earl getting 8 to 5.
 
The smart money stays home

I never particularly figured betting on myself playing pool was gambling since I had control of the outcome and was way in the black for many years. I'll be in the black playing pool if I never win another wager on pool.

However betting Shane and Earl is much more like betting the horses which I used to do at an entertainment level or when I had good enough inside information that it made a serious flyer worthwhile. Earl is just too much of a wild card for me to bet this match. If Earl comes in with his head screwed on straight and jumps out to an early lead Shane could get bar-be-qued. Likewise if Earl hasn't got his head on right and Shane jumps out to an early lead then Earl could be on the short end of an equally lopsided victory. If they both battle start to finish then I favor Shane slightly based on recent known play and the fact I haven't seen enough out of Earl lately to know what to expect from him.

Earl is just too much of a wild card. This might be the match of the year or a total yawner. That is why Jay isn't going off very deep either way. Of course it just occurred to me that it might be very possible to get a parley set up on this match when emotions start running high closer to the match. Then I'll put my money in. :) :) :)

Hu
 
Johnnyt said:
I agree uwate. When was the last tourament Earl won anyway? I believe it's been a very long time. Johnnyt

Not ANYMORE!!!

Isn't it strange how things turn out sometimes? Just mention something...and WHAM. It comes back to bite you in the ass. Happens to me all the time.




Rick S.
 
Rick S. said:
Not ANYMORE!!!

Isn't it strange how things turn out sometimes? Just mention something...and WHAM. It comes back to bite you in the ass. Happens to me all the time.




Rick S.
It was a good bite though:eek: ...I was rooting for him. And this doesn't chahge my thinking on Earl's line in the upcoming Action Challenge. This is 1-hole not 10-ball. Johnnyt
 
Last edited:
Pretty interesting that Earl just won a One Pocket tourney with a strong field. When did he ever win a One Pocket tournament anyway? Earl is full of surprises, always has been. All this indicates to me is one thing. Earl is playing good!

I'm kinda glad that Corvette came in and bounced my line. Let him have it is all I have to say. This line is going to move to far the other way now, and I will leave this match alone. Have fun kiddies! :)
 
Gerry said:
after Earls performance this week playing 1P in the Carolinas, I'm taking his action. He's got a presence at the table that is hard to explain. Not to mention while he's running racks you have to sit there and count up all the majors he's won, big money matches, challenge matches, and the fact IMO the man is hungry again!

I'd take any bets that involve Earl getting weight.
Gerry


I will second that Gerry...................;)
 
Herein lies the problem:

You might see 'all' the Earls during the life of the match! But with him being back with Lisa, well, you can already see what its done for him.
 
Back
Top