Taom Chalk

phreaticus

When starting this thread, I had used Masters Chalk for over 50 years playing this sport. I had used other chalks from time to time, but only because it was what was available to me at the time, such as being in a room where there wasn't Masters being available. Masters was and might still be the best on the market. When seeing that Jason Shaw had used Toam chalk while breaking the high run in 14-1 I thought if he had used the stuff , there might be somewhat of an advantage too at least giving the Toam chalk a try and see of what quality the product really was.
Now with that stated, I didn't for a minute think I was ever going to play his speed using the product because I know it's the Indian and not the arrow. I didn't start this cross fire hurricane to start adversity between other forum members or did I mean to say that either chalk would make anyone a better player. I will try to reiterate that I liked the new chalk for a few reasons.
1, the chalk performed for me just as well when using it as when I was using the Masters.
2, the table in my home that I play on exclusively now stays cleaner and the balls roll straighter with no kicks and skids.along with no residue of chalk laying about the room , which keeps the table room itself cleaners
3, I can play for hours and hours and my hands stay clean to the point that one wouldn't know that I had ever been around a table. Even my clothes stay cleaner, I'm a sales rep and I must dress accordingly when calling on corporate accounts. Before using Toams when getting near my table with dress Khakis, I would inadvertently come away from the table some times with blue smudges , staining my clothes.
Now if to take it home on my thoughts , the new chalk plays great, but it is expensive but it saves me time at home too the point I don't mind the cost and I now buy in bulk. Probably have 5 years of the stuff now.
Is Toam going to help one perform better than Masters, or is Masters going to help one perform better than Toam ? Damn if I have a clue , I'm almost 70 now the Toams works just fine for how I'm playing now, and I would probably play just as well going back to my one time favorite
Masters chalk. Doubt that I would ever venture into any room any where that only Toam was used because of the price of the product, so Maters would be what I would hope they had picked as their choice. The greatest things I can say about Toam Calk ? It plays as well as Masters as far as I can gather. The table as well as the balls and including the room in which the table is set up stays increadably clean. The balls roll straighter because there's no embittered chalk laying about the cloth. These are the reasons that I have stated many times why I don't care what the price of the stuff is . It's worth it to me because of time cleaning equipment is so greatly reduced along with, one cube of the stuff last about the same as 6 blocks of Masters. If you have a table at home and would like to improve the conditions in which your playing while around your table, I suggest using Toam chalk. There is the only spot which I think there is a great advantage while using the product, it's just that damn clean when everything is set up too use this new chalk. 2 cents issued
So how & why does chalk become embittered, and how do the little guys communicate these feelings to you? I've yet to come across any brand of chalk that was angry or resentful at having been treated unfairly.

Just kidding man. As this thread accumulates dozens of pages, it's good for you to reinforce your views every 400 posts or so.

o_O :ROFLMAO:✌️

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When starting this thread, I had used Masters Chalk for over 50 years playing this sport. I had used other chalks from time to time, but only because it was what was available to me at the time, such as being in a room where there wasn't Masters being available. Masters was and might still be the best on the market. When seeing that Jason Shaw had used Toam chalk while breaking the high run in 14-1 I thought if he had used the stuff , there might be somewhat of an advantage too at least giving the Toam chalk a try and see of what quality the product really was.
Now with that stated, I didn't for a minute think I was ever going to play his speed using the product because I know it's the Indian and not the arrow. I didn't start this cross fire hurricane to start adversity between other forum members or did I mean to say that either chalk would make anyone a better player. I will try to reiterate that I liked the new chalk for a few reasons.
1, the chalk performed for me just as well when using it as when I was using the Masters.
2, the table in my home that I play on exclusively now stays cleaner and the balls roll straighter with no kicks and skids.along with no residue of chalk laying about the room , which keeps the table room itself cleaners
3, I can play for hours and hours and my hands stay clean to the point that one wouldn't know that I had ever been around a table. Even my clothes stay cleaner, I'm a sales rep and I must dress accordingly when calling on corporate accounts. Before using Toams when getting near my table with dress Khakis, I would inadvertently come away from the table some times with blue smudges , staining my clothes.
Now if to take it home on my thoughts , the new chalk plays great, but it is expensive but it saves me time at home too the point I don't mind the cost and I now buy in bulk. Probably have 5 years of the stuff now.
Is Toam going to help one perform better than Masters, or is Masters going to help one perform better than Toam ? Damn if I have a clue , I'm almost 70 now the Toams works just fine for how I'm playing now, and I would probably play just as well going back to my one time favorite
Masters chalk. Doubt that I would ever venture into any room any where that only Toam was used because of the price of the product, so Maters would be what I would hope they had picked as their choice. The greatest things I can say about Toam Calk ? It plays as well as Masters as far as I can gather. The table as well as the balls and including the room in which the table is set up stays increadably clean. The balls roll straighter because there's no embittered chalk laying about the cloth. These are the reasons that I have stated many times why I don't care what the price of the stuff is . It's worth it to me because of time cleaning equipment is so greatly reduced along with, one cube of the stuff last about the same as 6 blocks of Masters. If you have a table at home and would like to improve the conditions in which your playing while around your table, I suggest using Toam chalk. There is the only spot which I think there is a great advantage while using the product, it's just that damn clean when everything is set up too use this new chalk. 2 cents issued
Very good review. Thanks for taking the time to post it. But I’m now out $120 for 6pcs. You know I’m putting a LoJack on each piece

dquarasr

Registered
After constantly having chalk marks on my measles cue ball, and chalk lines on my cloth from running drills (in particular the famous X drill) I bought a V10. Just finished polishing the ball set, vacuuming up as much chalk from the cloth as I could, and wiping the cloth down with a damp microfiber cleaning cloth.

I played a rack just shooting in all 15 balls. Everything people said here. Chalked once. Tip still covered. No hint of miscues even shooting another series of draw shots still without chalking again.

Cue ball CLEAN! I can’t wait to get more time at the table to see if it really does stay clean.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After constantly having chalk marks on my measles cue ball, and chalk lines on my cloth from running drills (in particular the famous X drill) I bought a V10. Just finished polishing the ball set, vacuuming up as much chalk from the cloth as I could, and wiping the cloth down with a damp microfiber cleaning cloth.

I played a rack just shooting in all 15 balls. Everything people said here. Chalked once. Tip still covered. No hint of miscues even shooting another series of draw shots still without chalking again.

Cue ball CLEAN! I can’t wait to get more time at the table to see if it really does stay clean.
It will stay clean.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

It's true!! I received the V-10 yesterday and this morning I applied it over the tip with a thin layer of Masters chalk residue. Taom is light green over the blue Masters. After 30 shots the tip is still solidly covered with light green. No miscues on draw shots. I love it. Zero residue on the cue ball or table. I put a little bit of duct tape on the lid of my case with "CHALK" written on it to remember the chalk when I pack up the cues. Worst thing I can think of is leaving your V-10 on the table!!

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just posted my v10 chalk stash for sale. I like it but can’t cope with the round of it! Lol.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Ok, so it's been a few weeks and I throw my two cents on the performance of V10.

This isn't some miracle chalk that prevents anything. If you ride the edge of the miscue limit then expect to miscue. Sorry for interjecting this shot of reality but this chalk will not overcome physics.

What I have found interesting is that after miscueing, you're going to have to look real hard for the spot it occurred on the tip. You'll see it for sure, but it doesn't jump out at you like it would with say Master or Triangle. With those you'd clearly see that tell tale clear spot on the tip. With V10, the chalk is still there enough to colour the tip, but real thin like you have just wipped the tip off for putting the cue in your case.

Minimal effort required to load up the tip. I can rechalk entriely with two cue spinning swipes with V10. Masters/Triangle requires a little more diligence in application if you're paying any attention. The extra effort with the other two may boil down to less to exposure to humidity (I generally play in the winter months), but none the less the V10 does seem to coat well with less effort. In retrospect. this perceived ease in chalking may just be a matter of the chalk holding on better than Master/Triangle, (note previous comment on finding miscue location).

I read it somewhere here on AZB that V10 will provide more CB action. I have not experienced this. I'm sure whoever that person(s) was, is simply a better player than I.

I have not experienced any need to shape my tip more so than I would normally using Triangle/Master. Not sure what timeline is for this perceived 'abrasive benefit' threshold for Masters might be. I thought about researching the phenomena just to have a benchmark but lost interest rather quickly..., as in immediately.

Most improtantly... The chalk is extremely clean. I struggled to find any residue on my CB at home. I keep a pristine one for playing 14.1 and it remains as clean after hours of use as it was when I first placed it on the table. Now to my simple mind. If there was chalk on the tip, and there's no chalk on the CB. That means it's either floating in the air, or resting on my table. So unless Taom has developed anti-gravity tech into their V10 product then I assume everything that required replacing on my tip is now on my table. So, using that logic, there's only three things that could potentially make V10 cleaner for your table.
  1. You require less applications. Therefore there's less opprotunity for excessive chalk to blow off the tip and rest on the table.
  2. You're more attentive during application. I found I was paying extreme attention to the application of the V10 , so excessive chalking (over loading) is not a problem. Therefore less chalk material available to blow off the tip and land on the table.
  3. The colour. It's a very soft green, and I'd wager difficult to visually pick up on any colour table cloth. That said, I have seen some very faint chalk streaks on my 3 day old cloth at home. I just finished relcothing my table (tourney blue) and let the kids have some fun. Under instruction to only use the V10, (only thing available). Now they're chalk drillers as I haven't taught them the correct way to chalk a cue. So I'm going to assume they've really loaded up the tips and probably miscued badly...lol
All in all, am I happy with the purchase of V10...? Well I'm not unhappy...lol. Would I buy it again...? Well I bought 5 pieces with won money so unless I lose all of them I should have a lifetime supply. Assuming I'm in a position where I no longer have it, and need to buy chalk, would I buy V10...?..., I doubt it. The only potential upside that I haven't experienced yet might be the whole table cloth cleaniness thing. However enough debris gets on the table that semi-regular vacuuming would be prudent maintenance. Can't imagine avoiding that task so long that this reported beneift of V10 matters in the grand scheme.

Last edited:

rharm

Registered
One more upside to the Taom. I've always been one who chalked every shot as part of my pre shot routine. I got used to chalking only once at the beginning of each rack with this chalk so I leave it on the table with the rest of my gear. The upside for me is not knocking the damn thing into the pocket on ball return tables.
My buddy dropped a piece of Taom into a corner pocket on our Diamond table last night and it rolled all the way to the ball return

Zerksies

The round is weird, But I'm use to putting chalk side up so really I have no issues with it, But I do see the round as an issue.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I believe you, but it had nothing to do with his question to you.

Well I get you can non grasp the idea of preventing problem.

So the Rubber Band Trick slows down, or stops roll.

Sure you don’t even use Toam because your too cheap to buy it.🧌

Attachments

• 7E4D3DCF-EE4D-40DB-AB04-C0305588091B.jpeg
    7E4D3DCF-EE4D-40DB-AB04-C0305588091B.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 38
  • AA2C66DD-A8C8-4D1C-A3CD-F484F9627DFA.jpeg
    AA2C66DD-A8C8-4D1C-A3CD-F484F9627DFA.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 37