TAR Offer To John Schmidt and Danny Harriman

dmb4231

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
first time i won 14.1 like 400 230, ,he won onehole hill hill and 10ball 30-28
second time he won 14.1 400-about 200 if i remember,i won onehole hill hill,then i won 10ball 30-18.

that danny is tough no doubt and those matches were exciting and ill remember those when im old for sure.
also i played both those matches with a ob1 shaft which i was helpless with. so to split matches was good for me cause i played terrible with that shaft.
i later changed to the ob2 shaft and played much much better . anyway thats my recollection

Typical pool player had to come on here and not give an answer but only clarify why he thinks he lost the first go around!

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
first time i won 14.1 like 400 230, ,he won onehole hill hill and 10ball 30-28
second time he won 14.1 400-about 200 if i remember,i won onehole hill hill,then i won 10ball 30-18.

that danny is tough no doubt and those matches were exciting and ill remember those when im old for sure.
also i played both those matches with a ob1 shaft which i was helpless with. so to split matches was good for me cause i played terrible with that shaft.
i later changed to the ob2 shaft and played much much better . anyway thats my recollection

There it is.

All the matches run together for me sometimes.

What's the word sir ? You in?

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Typical pool player had to come on here and not give an answer but only clarify why he thinks he lost the first go around!

u got me on that one. i didnt just lose that first go around i didnt beat anybody for like 6 months using that cue. its the truth i played the worst pool of career with that q ,im sorry if u think thats wrong to bring up but trust me i play way better with current equipment. actually though im not a typical player at all,i use my name and face when making statements.
i played best pool of life with bob hunter q for 10 years,then get a q sponsor ,and a month later try to play a match against a guy ive beaten whole career. i play horrendous and cant make spin shots with it and lose 30-28. so yes i brought it up because with my q of ten years he would have got tortured. oh wait a minute i did torture him next time and with a q i was helpless with.
anyway no hard feelings u have a point i shouldnt have mention q for losing but it was major factor for playing bad. it was a great q but just so different then what i used for 10 years. i went from high deflection for 15 years to low deflection and i looked like idiot with that q. it took about a year to learn reaim etc.

Last edited:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
So John

u got me on that one. i didnt just lose that first go around i didnt beat anybody for like 6 months using that cue. its the truth i played the worst pool of career with that q ,im sorry if u think thats wrong to bring up but trust me i play way better with current equipment. actually though im not a typical player at all,i use my name and face when making statements.
i played best pool of life with bob hunter q for 10 years,then get a q sponsor ,and a month later try to play a match against a guy ive beaten whole career. i play horrendous and cant make spin shots with it and lose 30-28. so yes i brought it up because with my q of ten years he would have got tortured. oh wait a minute i did torture him next time and with a q i was helpless with.

Are you in or goating Danny to play!!!

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
checkyesorno.jpg

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member

Well, that depends on the player...

Bad players "explain away" their losses..

Good players "explain" their losses, if their head is right.

By this I mean... Good players in all sports have the ability to analyze their poor performances and to identify what they need to do to improve that performance.

If John does well in this matchup with Danny playing the same as he did before, I would submit that John figured out why he lost and fixed it.

Short Bus Russ

denzy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

John what your saying makes cents. Not to long ago you beat Corey in an all around on TAR. Maybe you should be the one playing Shane instead of Corey. Hope your match with Danny goes down.

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Well, that depends on the player...

Bad players "explain away" their losses..

Good players "explain" their losses, if their head is right.

By this I mean... Good players in all sports have the ability to analyze their poor performances and to identify what they need to do to improve that performance.

If John does well in this matchup with Danny playing the same as he did before, I would submit that John figured out why he lost and fixed it.

Shirt Bus Russ
thats a good way of looking at it. he had a point it looks bad me saying i lost from q etc. u guys know ive lost a million times and i dont bring up excuses etc. this was different though. i change cues after 10 years then commit to match not realizing how impossible switching from hd to ld shaft in a week or two. ive lost more then anybody on here but its not about losing. if i would have beaten danny people would have said john u played bad but won and i would have said im not used to ld shaft but tried my best. thats about as clear as i can make it. good to hear from u russ thanks for trying to understand where im coming from

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Come On John

Just say yes I will play...I'm running out of popcorn and beer!!!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
You think John is hard to pin down, wait until you see Danny (if we see Danny).

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

You think John is hard to pin down, wait until you see Danny (if we see Danny).

lol good point bud,for the record i think ive played 4 or 5 times on tar. im pretty easy to deal with.especially when opponent doesnt accuse me of putting stuff on qball like corey did or threaten me with 2 page letter like danny 2 days before match. people forget i lost to bartrum a set and we never had cross word because he was gentlemen, i lost and shook his hand and we r buds to this day. same thing with jason kirkwoon we never had problem because he doesnt accuse me of stupid stuff like danny and corey.
corey and i r ok it was a misunderstanding but harriman i cant reason with because he has issues nobody can fix.

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Well it really looks like John S is out. So I guess it doesn't matter to hear from Danny H.

Too bad!

--Jeff

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Don't look like this is going anywhere anytime soon unless something is going down off AZB. Johnnyt

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Okay John

lol good point bud,for the record i think ive played 4 or 5 times on tar. im pretty easy to deal with.especially when opponent doesnt accuse me of putting stuff on qball like corey did or threaten me with 2 page letter like danny 2 days before match. people forget i lost to bartrum a set and we never had cross word because he was gentlemen, i lost and shook his hand and we r buds to this day. same thing with jason kirkwoon we never had problem because he doesnt accuse me of stupid stuff like danny and corey.
corey and i r ok it was a misunderstanding but harriman i cant reason with because he has issues nobody can fix.

I ran out to the store got another 12 pack of oat sodas and some more popcorn. Please say "Yes I will play" before I get to S@*Tfaced to read the thread!!! :help:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member

John

I'm surprised by this whole development. I figured you would accept immediately and Danny would come back with stifling conditions and stipulations, but you've posted 4 or 5 times in this thread and not said if you would play or not. Shows what I know. Stuff like this must drive JCIN nutty.

I grew up thinking pool players were like gunslingers, guys just looking for any excuse to throw down and put it up. That was just some romanticized vision I guess.

TAR is offering to pay you both and still can't make it happen? I don't get it.

Kevin

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member

I was actually in Vegas when you and Corey played. Corey lost because he went to Vanity with me at the Hard Rock and partied all night with lots of girls and $3000 table service, and by that I mean that he had 1 beer and left early, lol.

I, however, did not leave early and didn't get up early enough to come and sweat ya'll the second day and I think you started at like 5 or so.