TAR Offer To John Schmidt and Danny Harriman

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive been thinking about it. I c people like adam lanza,kill children and terrorists kill people etc. The world is full of terrible people .
I think about guys like danny harriman,bobby chamberlin,and i guess lou figuroa who hate me etc.
The more i think about it they r not bad guys.They have not done anything to me that bad to where i cant say im sorry lets let stuff go under bridge.

Lifes to short for all the grudges etc. Maybe those guys will never be friends with me but theres no need for us to be enemies.

Im going to try to be the bigger man and officially say im sorry and it takes two too tango so i shoulder half the blame for any friction over the years.

bobby chamberlin im sorry
danny harriman im sorry
lou figeruoa im sorry.
You guys r not terrorists or murderers and have never truly wronged anybody so badly that u deserve all the grief i have thrown at u.Whenever u guys attacked me I attacked right back and ive been an ass for that.

I should do this in person but for now i offer this olive branch to u 3 guys in hopes that we can forget the past and just live and let live.
Im not gonna go over who started what ill just finish by saying im to blame too,Im not perfect and ill buy u guys a beer and we can all just try to get along.
That goes to anybody else on azb ive rubbed wrong im sorry,i dont know u and u barely know me so lets all just enjoy life and pool together.

I must admit this felt good to say im sorry i forgive u to these guys and it im not gonna lie, i feel better for it. Lifes to short for hatred and anger etc.
iIhope the 3 guys c this and im gonna try and learn and be a better person from all this.
Bye azb i think ive said enough for now. Peace out

John, I want to say up front that I accept your apology.

But I also want to make something perfectly clear to you: I have never hated you -- even after you threaten me earlier this year at the US 1Pocket Open (anyone who doesn’t already know about it can look up my trip report) -- and I have never been jealous of you. You’re a great player and I admire your skill but I would never want to be you.

And lastly, don’t kid yourself, John. If anyone needs to be forgiven -- it is you. And I do forgive you.

Lou Figueroa

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been brought to our attention that there are multiple threads about a possible Schmidt /Harriman match. We know Mark Cantrill started working on this match a couple of days ago and that he has spoken to both players. We were informed last night by Mark Cantrill that both players had agreed verbally with him to do the match. We were told a few hours ago that TAR came in and also made an offer to host the Schmidt /Harriman match.

When Mark Cantrill set about putting this match together, he really had no idea that the level of hostility that existed between the two players was so intense. It did not become apparent until late yesterday afternoon. At that time that he contacted us and shared what he had learned.

Marc and I spent several hours last night and again this afternoon discussing this match. A few minutes ago we had a conference call with both Mark Cantrill and John Schmidt. During that conversation we explained to John Schmidt, who is a Str8 Shots signed player that we did not feel this match was in line with the direction that Str8 Shots intends to take the players, the team, or the company. We understand why this match is such a hot topic and why it would be an exceptional PPV event. The reasons that make this match so attractive to those that would buy it, are the very reasons we feel it is not in John’s best interest.

We chose several professional players to be a part of team Str8 Shots because they are all great people. Every one of them has a contract with us. In that contract it states that they will get permission from Str8 Shots management before engaging in activities, or aligning themselves, with individuals or activities that could be potentially harmful to their images, the company’s image, or the industry’s image.

When we plan matches, we have a purpose for them above and beyond providing the players with opportunities to test their skills or generate some additional income. Our opinion is that this match only serves to create additional animosity between these players and that is not what we want for any player; whether they are associated with this company or not.

We understand that both offers made to the men provided them with the potential to make several thousand dollars. We are also aware that the money to be made off of this PPV match by Str8 Shots or TAR could be quite substantial. That being said, we have asked John Schmidt NOT to do this match. John Schmidt will be compensated by Str8 Shots for the potential loss of income. He has generously offered to donate a portion of those monies to the Str8 Shots Juniors program.

Thank you for your time. I hope you all have a wonderful evening.

Kimberly Griffiths
(877)921 -9511 ext. 121
kimberly@str8-shots.com
www.str8-shots.com

My Translation:

After several hours of thought you do not trust your player to act in a civil manner. The match would harm your reputation, the company's reputation and the industry's image.

Daren's thoughts...This is the perfect opportunity to present young pool players the appropriate image of an American Profession Pool Player competing without distracting tactics that Americans have often been guilty of. This would give young, aspiring pool players a roadmap of how to conduct one's self in competition and perform at your best.

imissedthe9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What exactly will damage johns reputation or str8 shots if he plays this match? Is str8 shots worried about john and Danny getting into it during the match? If that's the case there will be a referee and I'm sure they could tell john to just play pool and not say a word since they can apparently tell him not to play pool.

Seems to me they are trying to take the show from TAR with this grudge match that was built on TAR.

If any Schmidt / Harriman match goes off that is not produced by TAR i will gladly boycott.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Healthier relationships
Greater spiritual and psychological well-being
Less anxiety, stress and hostility
Lower blood pressure
Fewer symptoms of depression
Lower risk of alcohol and substance abuse

Great advice CJ. I will have to email this to the Revenue Canada person who thought it was a good idea to audit my last few years of income tax regarding my Taxi plate.

Maybe they will forgive me, the money that they think I owe them and are not going to get.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
they may need to adopt a "forgiveness code" before they all become extinct

Healthier relationships
Greater spiritual and psychological well-being
Less anxiety, stress and hostility
Lower blood pressure
Fewer symptoms of depression
Lower risk of alcohol and substance abuse

Great advice CJ. I will have to email this to the Revenue Canada person who thought it was a good idea to audit my last few years of income tax regarding my Taxi plate.

Maybe they will forgive me, the money that they think I owe them and are not going to get.

I'm not sure if "forgiveness is their code" or not - of course they all have anxiety, stress, hostility, high blood pressure, depression and drink excessively......so they may need to adopt a "forgiveness code" before they all become extinct. ;)

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
John, I want to say up front that I accept your apology.

But I also want to make something perfectly clear to you: I have never hated you -- even after you threaten me earlier this year at the US 1Pocket Open (anyone who doesn’t already know about it can look up my trip report) -- and I have never been jealous of you. You’re a great player and I admire your skill but I would never want to be you.

And lastly, don’t kid yourself, John. If anyone needs to be forgiven -- it is you. And I do forgive you.

Lou Figueroa

Don't kid yourself, nitwit. John apologized to you because it's easier than hating you nonstop. And truthfully, you're the one who requires forgiveness.

Only a pompous azz like you would turn an apology into a smart assed response.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't kid yourself, nitwit. John apologized to you because it's easier than hating you nonstop. And truthfully, you're the one who requires forgiveness.

Only a pompous azz like you would turn an apology into a smart assed response.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

John apologized to Danny and others because he's not allowed to play pool if he doesn't become their buddies. He just wants to be allowed to play pool again.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
What do you think, Spider, do you have a video of these three "out on the town"?

John apologized to Danny and others because he's not allowed to play pool if he doesn't become their buddies. He just wants to be allowed to play pool again.

I can't see John, Danny, and Lou going "clubbing" or to a movie together. LoL

What do you think, Spider, do you have a video of these three "out on the town"?

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member

hmmmmmmmmmmm a leopard can't change his spots.

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmmmmmmmmmmm a leopard can't change his spots.

Lol yep

Just the timing and all. What are the odds that he has a change of heart towards Danny and others on the exact same day all this goes down with him not being able to match up? I guess it's possible but I don't buy it.

Last edited:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
.it's over now, water under the bridge.

Lol yep

Just the timing and all. What are the odds that he has a change of heart towards Danny and others on the exact same day all this goes down with him not being able to match up? I guess it's possible but I don't buy it.

Having any grudges in life is like taking poison and hoping the other guy gets sick.......I saw it as John simply cleaning up his side of the street. I don't know what the bad blood was between the two, but I doubt if it was anything serious.....it's over now, water under the bridge.

2009-07-26.jpg

john schmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

ding ding ding

i guess im trying to get to play lou too right.
no its like cj said i just want to let things go and turn a new leaf.
also last time i played danny it was for 14000 a man so if we play again it would be for that kinda money. simple as that.
u have hated me forever spanky and u know what im sorry to u for whatever i said or did to u. ill b willing to bet your a husband or father and not some bad guy. so if i was a jerk to u ill bet u didnt deserve it so again i apologize and if u would let me next i c u ill buy u a beer and more likely then not we might even be friends someday.
honestly it would have been much easier for me to say hey no hard feelings i hope, to danny in person but instead i did it on here for all u guys to c. thats much more humbling and hard to do but i feel good about it.
again spanky your a good human being as im sure basically everybody is on here so i say lets all b a little nicer to each other and im sure in the long run that would b the best thing.

i want to extend a fresh start to everybody on here. u know who u r .im saying right now today that its easy for somebody who is always nice to me to continue to do so but anybody out there thats thrashed me for years and vice versa ,i think its much more impressive if u and i start new and treat each other better.
honestly this basically forgiving and forgetting thing i think its the best thing i could do for my own personal growth,career, etc.
i dont expect everybody to like me but i say lets all try to treat each other as we would like to be treated .
im a lucky guy to say i have thousands of people i like and i think like me too,to the few that ive had a rocky time with im man enough to say i was wrong and im sorry and lets both put some effort in to b civil possible even friends someday. i ride motorcycles and like the saying goes for bikers whether your on harley ,sportbike,etc as long as its 2 wheels its all good.
well everybody on here likes pool and so do i so i say its all good. c u guys later

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i guess im trying to get to play lou too right.
no its like cj said i just want to let things go and turn a new leaf.
also last time i played danny it was for 14000 a man so if we play again it would be for that kinda money. simple as that.
u have hated me forever spanky and u know what im sorry to u for whatever i said or did to u. ill b willing to bet your a husband or father and not some bad guy. so if i was a jerk to u ill bet u didnt deserve it so again i apologize and if u would let me next i c u ill buy u a beer and more likely then not we might even be friends someday.
honestly it would have been much easier for me to say hey no hard feelings i hope, to danny in person but instead i did it on here for all u guys to c. thats much more humbling and hard to do but i feel good about it.
again spanky your a good human being as im sure basically everybody is on here so i say lets all b a little nicer to each other and im sure in the long run that would b the best thing.

i want to extend a fresh start to everybody on here. u know who u r .im saying right now today that its easy for somebody who is always nice to me to continue to do so but anybody out there thats thrashed me for years and vice versa ,i think its much more impressive if u and i start new and treat each other better.
honestly this basically forgiving and forgetting thing i think its the best thing i could do for my own personal growth,career, etc.
i dont expect everybody to like me but i say lets all try to treat each other as we would like to be treated .
im a lucky guy to say i have thousands of people i like and i think like me too,to the few that ive had a rocky time with im man enough to say i was wrong and im sorry and lets both put some effort in to b civil possible even friends someday. i ride motorcycles and like the saying goes for bikers whether your on harley ,sportbike,etc as long as its 2 wheels its all good.
well everybody on here likes pool and so do i so i say its all good. c u guys later

There you are. John serious you're ok with all this not being able to play Danny? man come on this is ridiculous. Some want to know what you think. It's your career. People wanna see you play. You talk about playing Danny in the future but your not allowed to. John I got nothing against you. I love your posts and like to watch you play pool. I think your a good guy from what I've seen. This just doesn't sit right with me you not being allowed to play pool because of a contract you signed. If we didn't want to see you play, it wouldn't be an issue.
I'm not expecting you to join this discussion as I'm sure you have sold your right to speak about it.
You have run 400 balls in straight pool, it's no ones place to tell you if you're allowed to match up or not.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Slow Lenny

I think John has always been the one who is willing to play and not being difficult about it. I think Danny is the one who had some other stipulations. Either way I hope it happens after all this talk for so long. Probably the closest TAR match we will see compared with some of the past ones.

you think, therefor you are wrong - slow Lenny.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Thanks John

Thank you John for your apology, I will still look forward to playing you in 2014 as I have been told you will be able to do so. Of course the true all - around format would involve Bank Pool. I don't apologize unless I truly mean it - still workin' on that Mr. 400 and Mr Ar-15 aka Justin.