TAR Podcast #14 with Shane Van Boening Now On YouTube

JarrodE

Normal
Silver Member
During the podcast someone from the stream asked if they could put Shane's 115 ball run up on YouTube. Has this been done? If so, does someone have a link?

Thanks

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
SVB run of 115 at SBE

That quesiton was asked by Steve K - who along with Charlie Eames did the Hi Run at the SBE.

It was nice of him to ask if it was OK to post the video and here's hoping he lets us know when it is posted.

Thanks,

Mark Griffin

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mark should let Shane talk.

I mean no disrespect in anyway....but these podcasts would be so much better without Mark Griffin.

I like Mr. G but I have to agree here.. He interrupts Shane way too much IMHO..

Hope that does not sound ungrateful as I really enjoy the TAR Podcasts, it's just my opinion..

Keep up the great work fellas!

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Griffin and what he does for pool. I also like having him in the podcast. There is a lot of information that he provides and he has the business savvy combined with the love of pool to help make the sport grow. I don't understand why people feel the need to criticize a free podcast? Human nature I guess. Just enjoy it.

Last edited:

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand why people feel the need to criticize a free podcast?

Because the best player in the world shows up and Mark Griffin can't keep his mouth shut, even when he's told to. It's a recurring thing with him-if you've ever watched any of the older segments. He's obviously a knowledgeable guy, but that's not really the point. You don't drown out the best player in the pool with a bunch of nonsense no one wants to listen to. Who wants to listen to an old guy who has a bunch of opinions and judgments about people and a plethora of other subjects, when Shane Van Boening shows up?

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
. I don't understand why people feel the need to criticize a free podcast? Human nature I guess. Just enjoy it.

I would not consider my comments to be critical, just stating my opinion which Mr. Griffin asks us to do.. If you've watched many of the podcasts, I've watched em' all.. Mark say's he appreciates our comments and criticism.

I am very appreciative of what he does for the game, I also like him on the podcasts and enjoy what he has to say. His insight is fresh and well taken.. The comment I made was just let SVB speak, I'm would guess Mark was not offended? If he was, I apologize as I tried to word my prior comment constructively.

Peace, JoeyK

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Who wants to listen to an old guy who has a bunch of opinions and judgments about people and a plethora of other subjects, when Shane Van Boening shows up?

Who wants to listen to an "old guy"? Me!

You-all post on this forum as if the people you are writing about are dead. Do you understand that the "old guy" reads this forum, to include posting in this thread today?

What is wrong with this place? AzBilliards Discussion Forum has turned into a network of keyboard clowns who think because they're not in front of somebody's face, they can post insults and mean-spirited words about anybody they feel like.

You are a disgrace to this forum, Evanlockhart. How do you like them apples? :angry:

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Because the best player in the world shows up and Mark Griffin can't keep his mouth shut, even when he's told to. It's a recurring thing with him-if you've ever watched any of the older segments. He's obviously a knowledgeable guy, but that's not really the point. You don't drown out the best player in the pool with a bunch of nonsense no one wants to listen to. Who wants to listen to an old guy who has a bunch of opinions and judgments about people and a plethora of other subjects, when Shane Van Boening shows up?

Perhaps people forget that Mark is the reason there is a podcast for Shane to show up to?

I mean I get it. Some people want everyone to shut up so they can hear Shane pass out the meaning of life and a plan for peace in the middle east but I think you are being a little harsh. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism thats how things improve. Several people here did it with honesty and civility. Thats all good. Dropping "Who wants to listen to an old guy who has a bunch of opinions" doesnt really help anyone do anything.

Then again talking shit about the guy who is responsible for the very free product you want to see is par for the course in pool.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Perhaps people forget that Mark is the reason there is a podcast for Shane to show up to?
snip.

I watched the entire podcast waiting for shane to get to the table and show us more of his aiming system.

I love the king of the hill idea. I would really like to see a ring game with some of the top level pros.

ohhh and I really liked the idea of a 24 hour internet pool channel.

My only complaint about the podcast is shane wouldn't STFU! ;)

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I mean I get it. Some people want everyone to shut up so they can hear Shane pass out the meaning of life and a plan for peace in the middle east but I think you are being a little harsh. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism thats how things improve. Several people here did it with honesty and civility. Thats all good. Dropping "Who wants to listen to an old guy who has a bunch of opinions" doesnt really help anyone do anything.

Then again talking shit about the guy who is responsible for the very free product you want to see is par for the course in pool.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So you can't run a podcast without Mark, Justin? Maybe the "old guy" comment wasn't civil, but it was honest. I'm not really interested in what he has to say after listening to a lot of it in the past. It's nothing new and exciting, such as the content of these forums. The same topics that existed years ago, exist today. Talk about the, "pool world" and why it's failing, aiming systems, etc.

If you want help, run the podcast professionally. Get chairs for guests when they come in and zoom out your camera. Have enough mics and actively engage the people coming in. Teach Mark how to keep his conversations simple, more direct, and on topic. Don't let him interrupt when Shane is asked a question directly, because no one cares what he thinks about how Shane responded when losing to Alex. They want to hear Shane.

I've bought a ton of TAR matches and have always supported what you're doing, no disrespect intended. A lot of these responses align with how the majority of the people feel, but lashing back at people for telling you what isn't helping your podcasts-regardless of a few choice words, doesn't help either.

Last edited:

evanlockhart

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off, Shane is NOT the best player in the world. Maybe the best American player right now, but certainly not in the world. And, he will tell you the same thing if you ask him.

Second, not everyone is as starstruck as you seem to be. So Shane was there. That's nice. He's a great player, that doesn't mean he has much interesting to say. And, he seldom says much. It's just not his way.

Third, since you didn't know Shane was going to be there, and you figured to listen to Mark and Justin, why did you even bother to tune in if you thought it was just going to be a bunch of nonsense??

First, if Shane isn't the best player in the world, then why does he have an open offer to anyone in the world for just about any amount of money to play most games? Why does he accrue more titles than anyone else in a year? You don't think Shane believes he can beat anyone in the world?

Second, your starstruck reply doesn't make any sense. If you weren't intrigued to listen to what Shane had to say more than anyone else, you must be confused ;)

Third, I knew Shane was going to be there by the topic of the title. Did you not read the title of this thread? And you obviously missed the sentence where Justin said, "...Shane comes in at 41:00 in..."

Reading comprehension is your friend.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
So you can't run a podcast without Mark, Justin? Maybe the "old guy" comment wasn't civil, but it was honest. I'm not really interested in what he has to say after listening to a lot of it in the past. It's nothing new and exciting, such as the content of these forums. The same topics that existed years ago, exist today. Talk about the, "pool world" and why it's failing, aiming systems, etc.

If you want help, run the podcast professionally. Get chairs for guests when they come in and zoom out your camera. Have enough mics and actively engage the people coming in. Teach Mark how to keep his conversations simple, more direct, and on topic. Don't let him interrupt when Shane is asked a question directly, because no one cares what he thinks about how Shane responded when losing to Alex. They want to hear Shane.

I've bought a ton of TAR matches and have always supported what you're doing, no disrespect intended.

Lets do this point by point since you want to help.

Shane had a chair and a mic. I set it up before he got there. I had no clue anyone else was coming. Next time I'll set up seating and mics for eight just in case.

The camera was zoomed out when I had the chance. Thats why you could see Shane.

As for actively engaging the people who came in I dont know how much more actively I could engage them besides what I did. Maybe hugs next time.

If you are not interested in the content of the podcast why would you watch it in the first place? There are lots of podcasts I don't watch.

Mark can interrupt whoever the hell he wants as far as I am concerned though several times I joked with him to let Shane talk. A shock collar would probably be good for that issue though. We'll fit him up with one next week.

For the final point....no I wouldn't run a podcast without Mark. I probably would have stopped them after the first couple if he wasn't here.

Thanks for your help. Tune in next week when we will hopefully have eight unexpected drop in guests in surround sound and wide screen for me to shock Mark out of interrupting.

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
one more

Lets do this point by point since you want to help.

Shane had a chair and a mic. I set it up before he got there. I had no clue anyone else was coming. Next time I'll set up seating and mics for eight just in case.

The camera was zoomed out when I had the chance. Thats why you could see Shane.

As for actively engaging the people who came in I dont know how much more actively I could engage them besides what I did. Maybe hugs next time.

If you are not interested in the content of the podcast why would you watch it in the first place? There are lots of podcasts I don't watch.

Mark can interrupt whoever the hell he wants as far as I am concerned though several times I joked with him to let Shane talk. A shock collar would probably be good for that issue though. We'll fit him up with one next week.

For the final point....no I wouldn't run a podcast without Mark. I probably would have stopped them after the first couple if he wasn't here.

Thanks for your help. Tune in next week when we will hopefully have eight unexpected drop in guests in surround sound and wide screen for me to shock Mark out of interrupting.

Aloha all,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA...thats my lol.

Mr. Collett you sir are truely dialed in. Again keep up the good fight (to all at TAR and CSI), you have our support and respect.

Mahalo,
Carl K.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm not really interested in what he has to say .........
Easy fix, use the mute button........., or watch Spongebob.

I am interested in what he has to say, thanks for taking the time to do the pod-cast.

Roadking

sweet william
Silver Member
I have a question, does the TAR studio have a fully stocked private bar. Self serve of course. If not it should have just to add to the atmosphere. Then maybe shoot an episode from the bar. Liven things up a little.

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Shane know the meaning of life and have a solution for peace in the middle east??? Really?????

That guy still amazes me....Shane Van Gandhi :thumbup:

The sad part is he probably does have an opinion much better than our government...

Carry on!

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question, does the TAR studio have a fully stocked private bar. Self serve of course. If not it should have just to add to the atmosphere. Then maybe shoot an episode from the bar. Liven things up a little.

I second that. Great idea!