The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three days ago I had a lesson with Geno through skype, it was a great experience, first of all, let me tell you Geno has massive energy, he said that he wanted to stay for 2 hrs for the lesson, we ended up spending 3 hrs and he wanted to go for more but my friend and I were just tired, plus we needed to digest all of the information.

It was a lesson offered by Geno, then we spoke over skype one day and I told him about a friend of mine who also needed help and Geno did not hesitate to ask me to invite my friend over for the lesson so that he can help my friend and me together at the same time.

My friend who is a weaker player than me, Geno started with him, we discovered his dominante eye and Geno really understood exactly what kind of shots that my friend would struggle in, and then we actually tried the shots and gene was spot on, he then explained to my friend what he needs to do to overcome the issue and my friend immediately got slightly better with those shots, I think he still needs practice to master them.

For me, he tough me a great way for measuring how much of a ball I should cut for two different type of shots, something that I never knew before and it was so effecient, I really enjoyed learning this new method which I will put to effect during game play, now I know if i needed a 1/2 cut, or a 1/4 cut, or a 1/8 cut to some type of shots immedietly, we also talked about other stuff like shafts, tips.

All in all a great lesson that helped my friend and I massively, thank you Geno for the energy, enthusiasm and professionalism that you showed during our class.

p@ul

Hi, new guy here.
I started to get in to pool a couple of years ago. I thought if I had my own pool table, I would get better at it. So I got an eight foot olhausen for the basement. I got tired of the lally-columns so I had an I-beam installed, sold the olhausen for a loss, and got a gold crown. But I still wasn't getting any better.

Fractional aiming made sense to me, so I thought that was the way to go. But it was always hit or miss for me. I thought I needed more practice and so I hit more and more shots and kept track of the progress, but I hit a plateau. I thought I would give ghost ball another try. That was a little better but still didn't solve anything; I was floundering around.

It was very frustrating. And I took lessons, and I studied dvds, and I practiced, and practiced. I started to think I just didn't have it for pool. So, I bought the Perfect-Aim dvd last week. I was a little suspicious because it sounded too good to be true. But, what the hell, I tried everything else. I didn't realize a skype lesson was included with the dvd. I took the lesson with Gene three days ago. He spent a lot of time with me and I got to experience all the material from the dvd.

I've always had trouble with cut shots. I understood the logic but even three-quarter cut shots were inconsistent. And as for one-eighth cut shots, it was understood; you just don't do it. Know your limitations, hit a safety instead. Every once in a while, I would make a thin cut shot.

But after I worked with Gene, I started to see the shots. I couldn't believe it. And I'm making shots I never made before, even the real thin cut shots that I always tried to avoid. Now I'm on the right track and pool's a lot more fun. Gene's one of the good ones. I never imagined the problem was the way I saw the shot. I'm so glad I stumbled upon to Gene's lesson. I'm making shots consistently now. I can't say enough about the way Gene teaches. I can't thank him enough. Thanks Gene!

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
This is turning out to be a great advertisement...

I'm starting to wonder how strong of a player I could have been if I had only ran into Gene when I was thirteen and didn't waste so many years practicing.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's never too late to learn this and up your game.

I'm starting to wonder how strong of a player I could have been if I had only ran into Gene when I was thirteen and didn't waste so many years practicing.

The biggest complaint I heard when I was teaching older guys on the road was where were you 30 years ago.

Bottom line is this helps everyone at any level, same eye dominant, opposite eye dominant or even ocular vision. Aim with only one eye.

But a good instructor needs to know the other parts of the game. Fundamentals and beyond fundamental to fit the players body with the eyes.

There is all kinds of different terms. One I get a kick out of is vision center. Pretty vague to say the least. But at least it does explain kind of where you need to be. Kind of like being a little pregnant. Either you are or your not. Either you got the eyes in the most possible perfect position to envision the shot as good as humanly possible or you don't have them there. Do or you don't.

Anyway, I know exactly what I am doing with this and glad I'm healthy enough again to help some players. When a player learns this and can finally see what they need to see it's priceless. Learning this is priceless.

For the price I'm teaching this to players on skype right now it's stealing. If this was on a store shelf it would sell for $1000 comparing it to other things you learn in pool and their importance.

This is the number one thing any player could learn for their pool game Bottom Line.

It just is. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Paul for the great testimonial....

Hi, new guy here.
I started to get in to pool a couple of years ago. I thought if I had my own pool table, I would get better at it. So I got an eight foot olhausen for the basement. I got tired of the lally-columns so I had an I-beam installed, sold the olhausen for a loss, and got a gold crown. But I still wasn't getting any better.

Fractional aiming made sense to me, so I thought that was the way to go. But it was always hit or miss for me. I thought I needed more practice and so I hit more and more shots and kept track of the progress, but I hit a plateau. I thought I would give ghost ball another try. That was a little better but still didn't solve anything; I was floundering around.

It was very frustrating. And I took lessons, and I studied dvds, and I practiced, and practiced. I started to think I just didn't have it for pool. So, I bought the Perfect-Aim dvd last week. I was a little suspicious because it sounded too good to be true. But, what the hell, I tried everything else. I didn't realize a skype lesson was included with the dvd. I took the lesson with Gene three days ago. He spent a lot of time with me and I got to experience all the material from the dvd.

I've always had trouble with cut shots. I understood the logic but even three-quarter cut shots were inconsistent. And as for one-eighth cut shots, it was understood; you just don't do it. Know your limitations, hit a safety instead. Every once in a while, I would make a thin cut shot.

But after I worked with Gene, I started to see the shots. I couldn't believe it. And I'm making shots I never made before, even the real thin cut shots that I always tried to avoid. Now I'm on the right track and pool's a lot more fun. Gene's one of the good ones. I never imagined the problem was the way I saw the shot. I'm so glad I stumbled upon to Gene's lesson. I'm making shots consistently now. I can't say enough about the way Gene teaches. I can't thank him enough. Thanks Gene!

Every once in a while the results getting the eyes in the correct position are off the charts.

I was really impressed how quickly you adjusted and was pleasantly pleased when you started making the balls that you were missing before and making them consistently.

Thanks again for the great testimonial and I really enjoyed working with you.
:thumbup:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
One of the Best Pool instructors in the Country lives not too far from me. Guys name is Jerry Briseth, he gets like $75.00/hr with I think a four hour minimum.

He start out with the basic, and drill on the basics. Reason is if you have a crooked foundation the high you try to build, the more lop sided the project becomes.

He don't track bank, kick, trick shots, his instructions is building a great foundation. Problem is most of the student do not practice what he taught, so they did not get much out. Like one person who never listens I personally know.

Jerry also sells a Basic Pool Instructional Pool DVD, if people mastered 90% of what the DVD taught, they would be in the top 10 percent of players.

I do not get how people thing if you do not have a foundation to learn off of, basics, you can add on thing to your bad foundation, and become super player.

Great athletes in most sports have coaches, looking to fine tune their greatness, or correct new bad habits. But the are already great at their sport.

Observation & MHO.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really enjoyed working with you and your friend.

Three days ago I had a lesson with Geno through skype, it was a great experience, first of all, let me tell you Geno has massive energy, he said that he wanted to stay for 2 hrs for the lesson, we ended up spending 3 hrs and he wanted to go for more but my friend and I were just tired, plus we needed to digest all of the information.

It was a lesson offered by Geno, then we spoke over skype one day and I told him about a friend of mine who also needed help and Geno did not hesitate to ask me to invite my friend over for the lesson so that he can help my friend and me together at the same time.

My friend who is a weaker player than me, Geno started with him, we discovered his dominante eye and Geno really understood exactly what kind of shots that my friend would struggle in, and then we actually tried the shots and gene was spot on, he then explained to my friend what he needs to do to overcome the issue and my friend immediately got slightly better with those shots, I think he still needs practice to master them.

For me, he tough me a great way for measuring how much of a ball I should cut for two different type of shots, something that I never knew before and it was so effecient, I really enjoyed learning this new method which I will put to effect during game play, now I know if i needed a 1/2 cut, or a 1/4 cut, or a 1/8 cut to some type of shots immedietly, we also talked about other stuff like shafts, tips.

All in all a great lesson that helped my friend and I massively, thank you Geno for the energy, enthusiasm and professionalism that you showed during our class.

It was great that you had your friend there because he can step his game up quicker than normal by manually knowing how to get his dominant eye in the correct position. As you noticed then , that we had to adjust the body to get the stroke in the right position also. If he keeps on working with this your friend will soon be giving you some competition.

I especially enjoyed showing you how much different the other players aim than you. Aiming with that one eye is a great plus but you need to get it in the correct position all the way. You can aim like superman but you need to be lined up right.

Knowing how much of the ball to hit is also huge for you because if you know how much you need to hit you can hit it.

I was kind of excited myself to help a couple of pool players from Kuwait. Pretty cool.

If you have any questions at all just drop me a line and we can do it again.

I really enjoyed working with both of you. Good luck with your pool games...:thumbup:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everyone needs to know this.

It was great that you had your friend there because he can step his game up quicker than normal by manually knowing how to get his dominant eye in the correct position. As you noticed then , that we had to adjust the body to get the stroke in the right position also. If he keeps on working with this your friend will soon be giving you some competition.

I especially enjoyed showing you how much different the other players aim than you. Aiming with that one eye is a great plus but you need to get it in the correct position all the way. You can aim like superman but you need to be lined up right.

Knowing how much of the ball to hit is also huge for you because if you know how much you need to hit you can hit it.

I was kind of excited myself to help a couple of pool players from Kuwait. Pretty cool.

If you have any questions at all just drop me a line and we can do it again.

I really enjoyed working with both of you. Good luck with your pool games...:thumbup:

Not only the opposite eye dominant players but same eye dominant players also need to know how this works.

Regardless which way you are there is this magical spot about a 16th of an inch wide that we need to get to and get the Perfect Picture to the brain. This is why i named this Perfect Aim not knowing at the time that this is not an aiming system but a total shooting system that every player on the planet needs to know.

I challenge anyone in the world to try to disclaim how well this works. Come up with anyone that is at any level and they will be in disbelief with what they learn.

The problem is it's way ahead of time. Players are not ready to believe this. Can't blame them really with all the crap that is out there. And there is a bunch of crap.

Many of the players I have worked with like Paul from Mass. have bought so much stuff trying to get better with no avail. Kind of disheartening.

Players are thinking, what can I be showed that I can't already see with my own eyes?

But they can't. The eyes need to work together but the dominant eye has to run the show and we need t manually know how to help it do it's job.

This is why i would do 10 minute mini lessons when I would go to the pool halls on my 5 year journey teaching. I would help them see how much it would help and then line up the lessons. The ones that did the first lessons would help me set up a bunch of others because they were elated about what they had learned.

One place in Minot ND where I first started teaching in 2009, the second day I was there , a young lady named Racheal set up a table and I had a line. I did 27 lessons in about 10 days. It was crazy. And everyone learned a ton and was happy about what they learned.

:thumbup:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First reply to my PM gets a free skype lesson.

I guess this is the best way to help someone and help players understand how huge this is.

There are 3 things that this dominant eye business effects with your game and don't even know that it is happening.

This is what I explain during the lesson. Showing the problem first and then showing the player how to fix the problem.

Once the player sees how to fix it and only then can they improve at a rapid pace.

Skype works just as good as being right there, in fact actually better. i can see things on the camera that I miss sometimes in person.

Plus you can record the lesson on skype.

It don't get any better than this. :thumbup:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had some fun tonight at Jimmy's Pro Billiards...

I guess this is the best way to help someone and help players understand how huge this is.

There are 3 things that this dominant eye business effects with your game and don't even know that it is happening.

This is what I explain during the lesson. Showing the problem first and then showing the player how to fix the problem.

Once the player sees how to fix it and only then can they improve at a rapid pace.

Skype works just as good as being right there, in fact actually better. i can see things on the camera that I miss sometimes in person.

Plus you can record the lesson on skype.

It don't get any better than this. :thumbup:

Jimmy's pro billiards is one of the nicest places to play pool in the Twin Cities.

All diamond tables. A dozen or so 7 footers and 3 older diamonds that play great and a newer diamond that he just moved up to the front. Kind of made it his feature table. And it plays great. They are doing a great job of social distancing so I really feel safe playing there.

As I was practicing I noticed a young lady and young guy playing on another table. As the young lady came by my table she asked me why i put a little piece of cloth under the ball when I broke. I told her and then her boyfriend came over to see what was going on.

I told the both of them that I teach pool and had about 15 minutes left before closing so I told them i would show them something.

First I worked with him. He was right eye dominant and could cut the ball very well to the right. After getting his eyes right he was just delighted that he now could cut the ball to the right and it hugged the rail. Pretty quick results.

Then I worked with his girlfriend. She was holding the stick under her right eye when she shot. Once we figured out that she was left eye dominant and she got the head over she was looking at me in this, You got to be kidding look. She started lining up shots and just fired a few right in.

The both of them were just blown away. It was so much fun just to help them shoot better and increase their fun.

I did all this in about 30 minutes. Hardly a full lesson. But what they learned is the main meat of getting these eyes right and I guarantee that they will never forget it.

This was so much fun. it don't get any better than this. :thumbup:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hey Gene? I want to run something past you. Here goes:

One of the most idiotic things i have ever had an instructor tell me is that the cue goes where the eyes go. I was told if you are driving a motorcycle down the road and you look over into the ditch that the motorcycle is going to end up in that ditch.

Now that idiotic stuff is about, well, the most idiotic stuff i think i have ever heard. I've rode Honda's, Yamaha's, and had three Harley-Davidson motorcycles. My motorcycle would stay right down the middle of the road.

Do you believe in this statement, that the cue goes where the eyes go???

r/DCP

How is that idiotic. You don't even know if it's true or not, but are automatically calling it idiotic, so you have made up your mind. Not really what a "protege" would do.

You hands follow your eyes. Why do you think the best golfers look at the golf ball when swinging, they don't "sneak a peek" at where it's going.

Catchers set up behind home plate to give a target to the pitcher. The pitcher is staring right at that glove. If he was looking at the cute girl sitting behind home plate, he would not be able to hit the broad side of a barn.

And yet, if you stare long enough at the pretty girl jogging while you are driving, you will start to "steer" in her direction.

Don't believe me, take some long straight in shots and start shooting them looking in another direction, ala Vince in Color of Money. It's not hard to do what he did, but it takes a LOT more concentration and most if not all good players could do what he did. But, when they are playing for money, league, or anything else, they are not cranking out Werewolves of London and turning their heads ;) Just saying.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
How is that idiotic. You don't even know if it's true or not, but are automatically calling it idiotic, so you have made up your mind. Not really what a "protege" would do.

You hands follow your eyes. Why do you think the best golfers look at the golf ball when swinging, they don't "sneak a peek" at where it's going.

Catchers set up behind home plate to give a target to the pitcher. The pitcher is staring right at that glove. If he was looking at the cute girl sitting behind home plate, he would not be able to hit the broad side of a barn.

And yet, if you stare long enough at the pretty girl jogging while you are driving, you will start to "steer" in her direction.

Don't believe me, take some long straight in shots and start shooting them looking in another direction, ala Vince in Color of Money. It's not hard to do what he did, but it takes a LOT more concentration and most if not all good players could do what he did. But, when they are playing for money, league, or anything else, they are not cranking out Werewolves of London and turning their heads ;) Just saying.

Pool is not an easy game to "master", if it was everyone could run 150 Balls in a row, in 14/1 everything they played.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Hey Gene? I want to run something past you. Here goes:

One of the most idiotic things i have ever had an instructor tell me is that the cue goes where the eyes go. I was told if you are driving a motorcycle down the road and you look over into the ditch that the motorcycle is going to end up in that ditch.

Now that idiotic stuff is about, well, the most idiotic stuff i think i have ever heard. I've rode Honda's, Yamaha's, and had three Harley-Davidson motorcycles. My motorcycle would stay right down the middle of the road.

Do you believe in this statement, that the cue goes where the eyes go???

r/DCP

You have never been driving down the road next to a semi or bus and start reading the advertisements on the side, then noticed you were actually slowly but surely getting closer and closer to the next lane until you keep your eyes on the road and stay in your lane?

Why do you think you are told your whole life to keep your eyes on the prize, eye on the ball, eyes on the road? It's self explanatory really. Hopefully this helps clarify a few things for you.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Pool is not an easy game to "master", if it was everyone could run 150 Balls in a row, in 14/1 everything they played.

Who said it was ? What sport is easy to master? None that I can think of or we'd all be in the Olympics. Heck, change that to games, like Chess, or anything else, and its still hard. I have a better chance or winning the US Open that ever becoming a Grand Master chess player ;) lol

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You have never been driving down the road next to a semi or bus and start reading the advertisements on the side, then noticed you were actually slowly but surely getting closer and closer to the next lane until you keep your eyes on the road and stay in your lane?

Why do you think you are told your whole life to keep your eyes on the prize, eye on the ball, eyes on the road? It's self explanatory really. Hopefully this helps clarify a few things for you.

Ahhh, might be just why they call it "hand-eye" coordination and why it's so crucial to some very tough sports. Folks with poor hand eye coordination usually don't play sports, or don't play them well ;)

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the great input ChicagoRJ

Who said it was ? What sport is easy to master? None that I can think of or we'd all be in the Olympics. Heck, change that to games, like Chess, or anything else, and its still hard. I have a better chance or winning the US Open that ever becoming a Grand Master chess player ;) lol

Same with a pool shot. If we are not looking exactly at what we are trying to do it doesn't get done either.

Just because a player is looking at the cue ball and object ball doesn't mean that he has it right. Once a player sees with their own eyes what is really really right they can make huge leaps and bounds in their game.

Once I get done showing players how to really look at the shot they will never see a pool shot the same for the rest of their life.

Unless they drift back to old habits.

Thanks again....

fiftyyardline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished a very enjoyable Skype lesson with Gene primarily regarding his Perfect Aim program (mainly has to do with eye sighting), but also several other topics.

I believe Gene can help players of all levels, even advanced players, by analyzing and explaining how the dominant and non-dominant eyes sometimes work in tandem and help each other, but also sometimes fight each other and how we can use that knowledge to our advantage. He also shared several valuable ways to fine tune my aiming in several specific circumstances that frequently occur during play.

Given that Gene is a very advanced player, he is uniquely qualified to pass along a lot of helpful tips and techniques.

So I gained valuable knowledge in several areas. I have fairly solid fundamentals, so I don’t realistically expect any one thing to make a huge difference in my stroke or aim, but I do think that when all the individual bits of valuable information that Gene imparted is added together, it will enable me to make substantial improvements in my play.
Thanks Gene‼️

I

I

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is that idiotic. You don't even know if it's true or not, Didnt i say that i used to ride motorcycles and know that comment is stupid???

You hands follow your eyes. Why do you think the best golfers look at the golf ball when swinging, they don't "sneak a peek" at where it's going. For the 10,000th time, you CANNOT compare other sports to pool! Its apples to oranges.

And yet, if you stare long enough at the pretty girl jogging while you are driving, you will start to "steer" in her direction. YOU WILL?????

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is that idiotic. You don't even know if it's true or not, Didnt i say that i used to ride motorcycles and know that comment is stupid???

You hands follow your eyes. Why do you think the best golfers look at the golf ball when swinging, they don't "sneak a peek" at where it's going. For the 10,000th time, you CANNOT compare other sports to pool! Its apples to oranges.

And yet, if you stare long enough at the pretty girl jogging while you are driving, you will start to "steer" in her direction. YOU WILL?????

The customer is always right except in the seller's thread.