The Biggest reason Lower level players can't improve ????

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
Well people are lazy, they want magic pill to be great at something. No Magic Pills, asn someone who is good at something, "you get that good with magic pill". Never heard YES.
Yep, no magic pills, but what Gene teaches helps speed the process. At one point I would have never needed the system as I had figured out a 7' table through grinding. Then I took off 6-8 years from playing and went to an 8.5' table after being used to 7'. Even on a 7' I still wasn't good by any means. I was garbage. Gene's lesson kick started the process and I was suddenly shooting better than I had even when I used to play, no matter that I was playing on a much larger table. It's definitely not a magic pill, but it's magic on how well it works, and how fast it can get you shooting like "when I used to be good." How many guys have you heard say, "I used to be good at pool?" The funny part is, if they want to be good again, it's going to take serious work, but with perfect aim, it's like going from a short handled shovel to a backhoe. You fellas who have ever done manual labor know what it's like to use a short handled shovel.

I used to be one of those safety guys because I couldn't run out. Now I can actually run out and save the safety play for when you should play safety, not just play it because I couldn't make half the shots I do now. Honestly, if you're in a rut and aren't practicing for 5 hours a day, this is one hell of a boost. Short shovel vs. backhoe, 8" pry bar vs. 30" pry bar. It's a force multiplier and saves you a lot of time and grinding. Sure, you still grind, but it's on actual important stuff.

For the younger crowd, it's like when you take a test. If you sit and study all the questions instead of just the ones you don't know, your study session is twice as long. Whereas if you don't waste time studying the questions you know, you can learn the stuff you don't in that time that was wasted on stuff that was already in your head.

boogieman

You know what I find funny Geno has been doing his "perfect aiming thing" for over 10 years, not one word in some Pool Magazine about his holy grail system, wonder why?
Simple, marketing. It's easier to sell a $40 gimmick than the real deal. If you can sell cue balls with markings on them, laser pointers, gimmicks and do dads, people will buy them. People trust gimmicks and like to buy new gear. It's much harder to sell actual instruction, even if it helps you improve. Most like to buy a new arrow instead of actually learn to shoot correctly. It's like fancy fishing lures, they are meant to catch the fishermen, not the fish.

Reactions: KRJ

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple, marketing. It's easier to sell a $40 gimmick than the real deal. If you can sell cue balls with markings on them, laser pointers, gimmicks and do dads, people will buy them. People trust gimmicks and like to buy new gear. It's much harder to sell actual instruction, even if it helps you improve. Most like to buy a new arrow instead of actually learn to shoot correctly. It's like fancy fishing lures, they are meant to catch the fishermen, not the fish.
Problem with selling instruction is copyrighting. I post my observations free on the internet and probably make as much money. :D

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You know what I find funny Geno has been doing his "perfect aiming thing" for over 10 years, not one word in some Pool Magazine about his holy grail system, wonder why?

Yeah Cowboy,
And isnt it funny that other great instructors on here that call themselves world class instructors never seem to make it into any of the pool magazines. Not the now defunct Inside Pool, or Pool & Billiard, or Billiards Digest.

I wonder why the magazines never seem to have any info on the folks that post on here. Some on here are probably deserving, however. I do know of one that regularly posts here, Mr. Jewett, that is outstanding, very worthy, and has a regular column.

r/DCP

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Yeah Cowboy,
And isnt it funny that other great instructors on here that call themselves world class instructors never seem to make it into any of the pool magazines. Not the now defunct Inside Pool, or Pool & Billiard, or Billiards Digest.

I wonder why the magazines never seem to have any info on the folks that post on here. Some on here are probably deserving, however. I do know of one that regularly posts here, Mr. Jewett, that is outstanding, very worthy, and has a regular column.

r/DCP

You would think in 10 + years of Perfect Aiming, it would get on some publications radar, and written about. Publications life blood is new stuff, not writing about the same old things. Or yesterday's News.

Fast Larry loaned me a copy of Geno's Original DVD. Saw nothing that rocked my boat, it went back to Larry. We talk about the DVD. Larry saw nothing to merit $79.00 price tag. Apprently the DVD was bought to check out because Fast Larry hear all the noise about this system.
Mueller, Pool Dawgs, Sterling Gaming, etc don't sleet the DVD. Wonder why if it is holy grail? These companies are alway on the hunt for some new to sell, and make money off of. But I know they look at everything hard before putting in on line store, as they want to keep customers.

Last edited:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I did to become a 700 ball runner was to play with a glass of water balanced on top of my head. Teaches you to remain perfectly still while playing.

This and more will be available on my upcoming pay site.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah Cowboy,

r/DCP
Mike...That's because the huge majority of us are busy teaching, rather than looking to prop up a self-image trying to get into a pool magazine. The title "world class instructors" comes from our students, not us. It is deserved because of what we have accomplished with our students...they are the ones to tell the tale. Certainly Bob Jewett is in that catagory for all he has done for pool over decades.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Mike...That's because the huge majority of us are busy teaching, rather than looking to prop up a self-image trying to get into a pool magazine. The title "world class instructors" comes from our students, not us. It is deserved because of what we have accomplished with our students...they are the ones to tell the tale. Certainly Bob Jewett is in that catagory for all he has done for pool over decades.

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

Well you sort of right in you post above, but the Pool Magazine always on the look out for a good story, or a good product, or something someone has discovered that make your Pool game better.

They the Pool rags do not keep readers, or subscriptions by writing about same old stuff, new artical is their life blood. Then there is the artical about product they advertise, it call pay back editorial cover for thenk you for advertising.

Like I said I viewed Geno's Perfect Amining DVD, it did not make me say wow, being curios it was watched 3 or 4 times. Saw nothing worth the price of the DVD.

Have you seen the DVD Scott, Perfect Aiming that is? If so what do you think of the information?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I said I viewed Geno's Perfect Amining DVD, it did not make me say wow, being curios it was watched 3 or 4 times. Saw nothing worth the price of the DVD.

Have you seen the DVD Scott, Perfect Aiming that is? If so what do you think of the information?

Oh I cant wait to hear the response........😆😆😆

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Oh I cant wait to hear the response........😆😆😆

Well I am not sure Scott has seen Geno's DVD, if he has hopefull he will give an opinion on Perfct Aiming.

But I remember Geno saying some BS, after I said it, Geno's DVD was nothing special about 10 years ago. Geno response was i did not understand it, or the concept. If that was true, it proved my point, not worth the price, or cost of postage to get it. If you do not get what a guy is teaching, maybe it because it is like the story most kids were read.

"The King Cloths", only those with special powers could see the lovely garments worn by the King, or they were Nuckelheads. Everyone pretended to see, rather then be thought a Nucklehead. Then a child not in on the con, said the King is in his underwear???? Con man busted.

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member

We get it- you think "Perfect Aim" is worthless! You've mentioned that it's useless about 25 times, thank you for the help.
Maybe this won't make you a world beater but what if you are an APA 3 and would like to get a little better and become a 4, or if you were a 4 and wanted to become a 5? Just because you don't have any perception problems or problems with your eyes doesn't mean other people don't!
Hopefully this could help them and what would be wrong with that! If it doesn't help, so be it, it's cheaper than a new CF shaft.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
We get it- you think "Perfect Aim" is worthless! You've mentioned that it's useless about 25 times, thank you for the help.
Maybe this won't make you a world beater but what if you are an APA 3 and would like to get a little better and become a 4, or if you were a 4 and wanted to become a 5? Just because you don't have any perception problems or problems with your eyes doesn't mean other people don't!
Hopefully this could help them and what would be wrong with that! If it doesn't help, so be it, it's cheaper than a new CF shaft.

"Worthless" no, just nothing in my world to get excited over. I do not know APA 3 from 4 so you reference means zero to me. Do kind we have APA League in PHX, playing for triphies, and league operator is cleaning up.

If Geno's system rocks your personal boat paddle on.

I still think it nothing to scream about, like I have found Holy Grail, BTW that is CTE.

Geosnookery

My last billiards purchase other than collectables, was $4 for a box of chalk about 12 years ago.

Somehow I’ve done well without paying 2 cents for videos, must-have do-dads, magic cues, techno-babble lessons, space age Cue tips, etc.

There must be a thousand free lessons on YouTube from some of the top Players and instructors. However, tomorrow another ‘New and Improved’ method will ‘be revealed’ to hit a 2.25 Inch ball with A stick into a whole twice the size.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your educated input Boogieman. After learning what you have learned and how rediculously it works to help your game you can understand totally how hard it is to help players that thunk they know it all. Think and thunk are different.

Think is a word you can use until you find out that your thinking was wrong. Once you get it right you can say you thunk you understood it correctly.

Tough to do for some people. Change think into thunk? Allot of thunkers on here for sure.

If they only knew?

boogieman

My last billiards purchase other than collectables, was $4 for a box of chalk about 12 years ago.

Somehow I’ve done well without paying 2 cents for videos, must-have do-dads, magic cues, techno-babble lessons, space age Cue tips, etc.

There must be a thousand free lessons on YouTube from some of the top Players and instructors. However, tomorrow another ‘New and Improved’ method will ‘be revealed’ to hit a 2.25 Inch ball with A stick into a whole twice the size.
Just imagine, if you were to buy a revo and some finger extensions, you would be on team USA this year! :p