AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I defer to your source.

Lou Figueroa
knows when
he’s outgunned
LOL.

I wasn’t outgunning you.

I was confirming it was 14mm. It could be 14.1.

Some people were saying it was 15mm or 16mm.

It didn’t look that big to me, so I texted Mike.

I used to always order my shafts at 14mm, so it kind of looked like the size mine are.

tomatoshooter

Earl looked like he was in a hurry to catch a bus that left the station.
I was watching Schmidt narrate one of his 300+ runs. He was saying how he is much less cautious until he gets to 80 or so. When most of the runs peter out before you get to 30, maybe it helps you get more attempts in. Then when you have a good run you really focus. I don't know what the break even point is for making more attempts vs making the most out of each of those attempts, but if you are at 20 and see several low percentage shots in front of you, it may average out better to ditch and start over, conserving energy, etc. In an actual match the cost benefit will change.

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone that can run over 400 can play the game

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
Well Texas, when or if you ever learn how to play 14.1, then perhaps, you'll have a better understanding of what I'm getting at. Don't want to sound like DH here but... 480?
Earl is one of, if not the greatest, 9ball player who ever lived but his knowledge of 14.1 is rudimentary at best.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Well Texas, when or if you ever learn how to play 14.1, then perhaps, you'll have a better understanding of what I'm getting at. Don't want to sound like DH here but... 480?
Earl is one of, if not the greatest, 9ball player who ever lived but his knowledge of 14.1 is rudimentary at best.

He still ran over 400 he did with his rudimentary knowledge ,
be it 408 or 480

Your sounding more like Danny d. Commenting on an ervolino earl match
Oh Johnny just knows so much about the game and how much Earl doesn't

Johnny ran a nice 80, and still lost even with all that knowledge gap between them

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Run ended at 148- pulled up on a shot and it didn’t get to the pocket
That’s got to be so frustrating to have a 10+ rack run end on a silly mistake, and have to start all over.

In Earl’s case, the discipline and patience to deal with that happening very many times is likely going to be more of an issue working against him than his shotmaking or his 14.1 knowledge, which I certainly wouldn’t question.