The Removal Of The Design Your Dream Thread

What do you feel would be the best dispostion of the DYD thread?

• I feel that the DYD thread should be Open With Continued Participation

Votes: 50 38.5%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed & No Longer Viewable

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • I feel that the DYD thread should be Closed but Still Viewable With No Further Participation

Votes: 48 36.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really don't care about the opinions of some select few who think that somehow their view means more than someone who just joined. My opinion means as much or more than yours. Ask yourself who controls this thread. Is it you? No. Not really. I do. Everyone is waiting for my response. They want the drama to continue. I control the narrative. Not Mr Chicken. It's me. That's what I decided to do. I took it on. I don't care about your opinion. Just wait. It will only get better.

Alex, I’ll take “Delusions of Grandeur” for $200.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the number of views of this thread and the prior, compared to the number of posts, one can draw only one conclusion: While some find this matter important, the overwhelming majority do not.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really don't care about the opinions of some select few who think that somehow their view means more than someone who just joined. My opinion means as much or more than yours. Ask yourself who controls this thread. Is it you? No. Not really. I do. Everyone is waiting for my response. They want the drama to continue. I control the narrative. Not Mr Chicken. It's me. That's what I decided to do. I took it on. I don't care about your opinion. Just wait. It will only get better.

Mark Twain was right!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

you are special...that is obvious.

It is concerning that you do the work you do.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

I've had plenty of respect for some posters with very low post counts; quantity doesn't matter to me - quality does.

The few people who may have initially sided with your view must be cringing by now.

The only thing you are accomplishing single-handedly is making yourself look like a fool.

You're no thread killer; more of a thread dominator with little substance, just high volume.

You say: "Everyone is waiting for my response."

I say, if I were to start another poll asking about that, overwhelmingly, the response will be most couldn't give a shit whether or not you ever respond again.

wanna bet?

best,
brian kc

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like this has become the new DYD thread...

I only saw the DYD thread recently before it was removed and I read all of the newer posts (back to 2016 or so). The one thing that stuck out to me, and never seemed to be addressed, is that BS said the cue was complete except for some engraving. Well, did he complete the cue or not? To me this is a better gauge of whether someone is being completely honest rather than questioning someone's level of health.

If the cue was actually built then where is it?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on the number of views of this thread and the prior, compared to the number of posts, one can draw only one conclusion: While some find this matter important, the overwhelming majority do not.

Are we reading the same thread?!

Per the poll in the OP, the "overwhelming majority" want the original thread on this topic to at least be viewable.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like this has become the new DYD thread...

I only saw the DYD thread recently before it was removed and I read all of the newer posts (back to 2016 or so). The one thing that stuck out to me, and never seemed to be addressed, is that BS said the cue was complete except for some engraving. Well, did he complete the cue or not? To me this is a better gauge of whether someone is being completely honest rather than questioning someone's level of health.

If the cue was actually built then where is it?

Missed BS saying the cue got built. That's a significant twist.

Lou Figueroa

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Per the poll in the OP, the "overwhelming majority" want the original thread on this topic to at least be viewable.

Lou Figueroa

You could also say the vast majority wanted the thread shut down

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could also say the vast majority wanted the thread shut down

I wouldn't say that because if the thread hadn't gone off the rails and shutdown by the administration it'd probably still be going. In any case it is not knowable now.

Lou Figueroa

eihi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't say that because if the thread hadn't gone off the rails and shutdown by the administration it'd probably still be going. In any case it is not knowable now.

Lou Figueroa

I am just going off your poll, same as you on post 153.
I don't think you can conclude the majority of people want the thread viewable based off the poll without also concluding the majority wanted it closed.

Just my opinion

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am just going off your poll, same as you on post 153.
I don't think you can conclude the majority of people want the thread viewable based off the poll without also concluding the majority wanted it closed.

Just my opinion

OK, I see what you're saying. Point taken.

But personally I think there's a difference between a thread being "Closed" and a thread being wiped off the face of the Earth as if it never existed. That's beyond "Closed."

Lou Figueroa

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Missed BS saying the cue got built. That's a significant twist.

Lou Figueroa

It was brought up in only 2 or maybe three posts that I recall. Without being able to go back and reread that post it could have been either BS saying it himself, the guy who bought BS's equipment, or someone saying that BS said it. My first recollection, which is usually best, is that BS "hisself" said it. We may never know unless the thread is made viewable or if someone else more intimately involved in the discussion chimes in.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

I took it to mean with well over 4800 views of this thread, plus the all those of the original closed thread, less than 125 people cared enough to vote, one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.