The SEARING has landed...

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Elegant

Most Elegant player cue I have seen. A hoppe cue like no other. Congrats.

Sanjay

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
So they're recut then?

No, but I would bet that the process is very similar to what Skip Weston does. The fact that Dennis dyes his own, gives him greater control over non-natural color selection.

Skip has always maintained that this type of veneering is superior to stack and glue types. I'd be interested in Dennis' opinion since he has done both, and both extremely well.

I've seen people with supposed cue knowledge continually calling these recuts and IMHO it's demeaning to the work that is put into them.http://cuezilla.com/archives/841

JV

Last edited:

bobroberts

Pool player
Silver Member
From watching dennis make cues all i can say is he is far and above the rest.1 inlay can take him days to perfect.The machinery he makes is one of the reasons he can do veneers this way.
Dan your a lucky man.A deserving one also.:)

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Any one have enough understanding of this one piece process to explain it to a dummy like me?

Great cue Dan.

Thanks

Kevin

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll call you later Kevin

Thank you all for the positive feedback on the cue. It hits just awesome. The work on the cue is so tight, its hard to explain. Check the picture of the Hoppe ring with the silver diamond inlays, there are absolutely no glue lines, no gaps, not even a mark!
I'm still in disbelief:thumbup:,
Dan Z

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Legend has it that Dennis decided to come up with this one piece veneer method when he heard that I was doing mitered veneers. Skeered him I did.... ;)

Beautiful cue, Dan. Just beautiful.

Scott

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I can't express my opinion of this cue any better than the people above.

I'd be damn proud to own that myself. Did someone hook you up with that or was it ordered straight? Ivory ferrules? I'm particularly fond of the fact that is has good old LINEN on it :thumbup: even aesthetically.

I'd play with that all day long,there's only 15-20 cues on this planet I can say that about and that's without even seeing it in person. That is truly Szamboti-esque,minus the 1/2 joint...Tommy D.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Searing

that would be some little known cue wheeler dealer from Michigan. that would be me. thanks Dan, for a smooth transaction on this treasure. regards don

MJParenti

"the Trashman"
Silver Member
Nothing short of AMAZING....

I met Dan and his new Searing today at Dennis'...Nice guy and an AMAZING cue...glad I got to see it - and check it out in person.
:thumbup:

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you all..

that would be some little known cue wheeler dealer from Michigan. that would be me. thanks Dan, for a smooth transaction on this treasure. regards don

Don, If anyone has any thanking to do, its me. I'm thrilled with the cue, its a MONSTER to me. Today Dennis made me an alternate bolt which he machined for a bumper. Then he machined a custom bumper to perfectly fit the contour of the bottom of the cue. Now I don't have to be so paranoid about hurting the bottom of the cue. By the way MJParenti, it was my pleasure to meet you, Bob and Lucky over there today.
I love my cue,
Dan Z
PS, Don I'm learning how to live without my Kidney, piece of Lung and lobe of Liver pretty well. The doctors say to avoid contact sports, otherwise I think I got a great deal....

Getnbzy

Take 2 they're small
Silver Member
Congratz on the acquisition Dan and welcome to the CLUB. Beautiful cue with the half cheech n chong. I hope it gets plenty of play instead of ending up like cameron's dad's car in ferris bueller's day off :nono: Now go hit some balls...:thumbup:

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member
> I I'm particularly fond of the fact that is has good old LINEN on it :thumbup: even aesthetically.

I'd play with that all day long,there's only 15-20 cues on this planet I can say that about and that's without even seeing it in person. That is truly Szamboti-esque,minus the 1/2 joint...Tommy D.

I agree totally...Im a linen guy too!!!

...and that is for sure a player...that is all that Dennis makes!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Recuts?

No, but I would bet that the process is very similar to what Skip Weston does. The fact that Dennis dyes his own, gives him greater control over non-natural color selection.

Skip has always maintained that this type of veneering is superior to stack and glue types. I'd be interested in Dennis' opinion since he has done both, and both extremely well.

I've seen people with supposed cue knowledge continually calling these recuts and IMHO it's demeaning to the work that is put into them.http://cuezilla.com/archives/841

JV

Dennis woke me up with a call one morning and and we talked for over an hour. I told him everyone would say recuts. Then we both laughed and said at about the same time you can't dye recuts! They are veneers and they are so precisly matched you can not see the construction. They are seamless veneers. Nothing fancy just only Dennis can do it.
Nick :)

paulybatz

"The Professor"
Silver Member

Dennis woke me up with a call one morning and and we talked for over an hour. I told him everyone would say recuts. Then we both laughed and said at about the same time you can't dye recuts! They are veneers and they are so precisly matched you can not see the construction. They are seamless veneers. Nothing fancy just only Dennis can do it.
Nick :)

I have probably talked veneers for 10 plus hours with Dennis as he began down that rabbit hole, very very very cool stuff...I will not divulge anything but as Nick has noted...it is just as close to perfection as is humanly possible, well its not humanly possible unless that human is running extremely sophisticated equipment with extreme tolerances. These next generation Searings just changed the game....CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ONE IN PERSON!

Last edited:

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very impressive...

...next generation Searings just changed the game....CANNOT WAIT TO SEE ONE IN PERSON!

Sir, You seem to have a good bit of inside info. Trust me they are insanely perfect and dead even throughout! I don't think its possible to get them any better...

Dan Z

Last edited:

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
I just saw this thread...thanks to the mention made on kbooks's gallery topic regarding his Searing cues.

Gotta tell ya, sir...this thing is a BEAST. I spoke with Dennis about this build last year, but nothing he did to try and describe it to a moron like me did it any justice. I was thinking recuts at first, too...but eventually the idea sunk in a bit and I realized that he was not doing recuts...he was doing one piece "veneers," built in-house.

The cue is gorgeous, and congrats on a fantastic pick-up. Love everything about it, for sure...and sounds like you do, too!!

I'm sorry in advance for stealing your pictures, but I'm putting them in my "Dear God, That's Awesome" folder on my PC.

Enjoy!!

Mark