Tyler Styer on Team USA

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Billy and Tyler have some drama, would love to see them on the team together and how that would push them to out do the other.
I heard Billy isn't in the mix for some reason? Anyone know why?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Billy and Tyler have some drama, would love to see them on the team together and how that would push them to out do the other.
I heard Billy isn't in the mix for some reason? Anyone know why?
I heard that too, but I’d rather not repeat why because I don’t know if it’s true.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Now all USA needs is Oscar and I would put them at a 2.5:1 Dog but that would be their best shot.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I think what would help the Cup and give it another boost is this.
Both Teams Must pick 1 player over 60.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
They more or less made it "official" today
Go to 23:30 for the start of the discussion. Thorpe had a failed drug test. Players in WPA events are subject to being tested. I think usually one of the winners is randomly selected. Or maybe a few.

kling&allen

Registered
Go to 23:30 for the start of the discussion. Thorpe had a failed drug test. Players in WPA events are subject to being tested. I think usually one of the winners is randomly selected. Or maybe a few.

Too bad the WPA rules are more strict than the MLB, NBA, and NFL rules. But Billy would have known the rules and what drugs that were on the list.

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow according to that video Billy could be facing a 2 year ban. That is brutal. How long did Mario He get suspended from events?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Fatboy, but after they get used to me I will need a co-captain. You in?
I’m in! Hell I’ll carry the cue cases, I’ll be the caddy. Actually I kinda sorta did that at Mcup a few years. It was a honor to be there. Amazing time for me in pool.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Ha! 2 minutes later they answer my question, Mario got 4 months.
If I am not mistaken Mario's positive test was the result of a prescription drug (or an ingredient in that prescription), and he was either unaware that the banned ingredient was in the prescribed medicine or was unaware the prescription was banned by the WPA, and which had been prescribed to him by his Dr. for a legitimate health condition. It appears that the WPA took all this into consideration and only levied a 4 month ban as a result. One would presume that if Billy's case is for knowingly taking a WPA banned drug for recreational purposes that it will likely result in a much longer ban since it would be a very different circumstance every way you cut it. It will be interesting to see what the WPA does.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i was hoping it wasn't that when hinted that billy wouldn't be available for the cup some weeks ago. but, those tests pick up hangovers, so if you been drinking much the night before it'll show. usually only a couple of months ban.

terpdad

Registered
No sympathy for Thorpe, but at least he seems to be accepting responsibility and isn't making a bunch of excuses. Hopefully, he will learn from this and stay out of trouble in the future.