Types of people you see at the Pool Hall

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
The Unknown Professional
He only goes into places where kids hang out, he has his own Cuetec, and he dresses nicer than the rest of the crowd.
Because nobody in the place knows how to play, he convinces them that he his a professional pool player.
When he gets beat ten in a row by somebody who knows how to play (while being sharked on every shot), it had to be luck
because he is a professional pool player and you are not.

unknown comic.jpg

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy dating a waitress

Can usually be seen getting cases of beer from the back, sweeping or mopping, handy man work, etc. Whatever it takes to get free time and a couple of free soft drinks.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
The guy dating a waitress

Can usually be seen getting cases of beer from the back, sweeping or mopping, handy man work, etc. Whatever it takes to get free time and a couple of free soft drinks.

There are several types.

1.) Drunk
2.) Jealous
3.) Man tool
4.) Drunk / jealous
5.) Drunk / man tool
6.) Jealous / man tool

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Cornbreads or classics?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Cue and Cushion when I was playing him one night when Ginger came in all crazy. Ben went apesh!t and grabbed my cue and threatened to snap it in two. I had him stuck pretty bad. It was brutal.

henho

I Beat Fidelshnitzer
Silver Member
The name-dropper....names every pro he has met/heard of/read about on the net and every match they played.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
-whiskey voice-

She plays pretty good on a bar box.She has been playing pool and drinking/smoking in one bar or another for 30 years.May have tended bar in the past where she honed her bartable skills.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
-whiskey voice-

She plays pretty good on a bar box.She has been playing pool and drinking/smoking in one bar or another for 30 years.May have tended bar in the past where she honed her bartable skills.

I've seen quite a few of these in my lifetime.

Maniac

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Just please dont tell me you go into the restaurant next door and get free ice cream every day before you come into the pool hall...I cant make this stuff up. I dont think this guy has ever had a single meal in that place.

Holy shit, there's a pool hall with an ice cream place right next door, and it's free?

Where is it?

No, seriously. Tell me where it is. TELL ME.

Jack Bauer edit: WHERE IS THE ICE CREAM?!?! *shake shake*. WHERE IS IT!!! WHERE IS THE ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Your Favorite League Operator

Here's one ya all missed, the league operator that gladly collects fees posts results, but will never project end of yr payout percentages based on current player member numbers (we know some drop out), and if their team places first the percentage that yr is greater than the following yr when they don't do that good. I've gotta Creative name for that type of business person, but I'll let ya all have at it. Basically it's a combination of Non-Disclosure and Thief.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy shit, there's a pool hall with an ice cream place right next door, and it's free?

Where is it?

No, seriously. Tell me where it is. TELL ME.

Jack Bauer edit: WHERE IS THE ICE CREAM?!?! *shake shake*. WHERE IS IT!!! WHERE IS THE ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!

Its actually a really good Mexican food place, but they offer free ice cream with the purchase of a meal. Its self serve. This said short stop will walk right in and get one every time before he comes into the hall.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Cheaper than Cheap People

Our Community Pool Room that isa Members, and Members Guests ONLY is full of cheap people. They will ask you to scuff up their Tip, remove a Mushroom from their Tip because they know you have a Tool or Sandpaper.

I have got to the point of doing something once, and only one per person. Then I tell them were they can go and buy their own Sandpaper, or Tip Tools.

Several weeks ago a guy who has many bucks see me using my Mushroom Removal Tool, he is a freeloader. He asks if he can use it. I say sure give me $.50, and he can use it. He ask why, and I reply.

Because I bought it and if you want to use it I will rent it to you to use. Otherwise go buy your own.

Than I laugh say I know you a cheap SOB. He laughs and say I should be a nice guy and "SHARE". I reply no sharing.

This sob has never done a thing for anyone in his life, and brag abut it. He even steals Chalk from the Pool Table Chalk holder because he will not spend $.96/Chalk Six Pack at Wally World.

bakermaker

Recreational Player
Silver Member
Pool Hall People

The Jedi

When the cueball is in jeopardy of over-running the position, the jedi will hold his hand out and will the ball to stop, using "the force".

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our Community Pool Room that isa Members, and Members Guests ONLY is full of cheap people. They will ask you to scuff up their Tip, remove a Mushroom from their Tip because they know you have a Tool or Sandpaper.

I have got to the point of doing something once, and only one per person. Then I tell them were they can go and buy their own Sandpaper, or Tip Tools.

Several weeks ago a guy who has many bucks see me using my Mushroom Removal Tool, he is a freeloader. He asks if he can use it. I say sure give me $.50, and he can use it. He ask why, and I reply.

Because I bought it and if you want to use it I will rent it to you to use. Otherwise go buy your own.

Than I laugh say I know you a cheap SOB. He laughs and say I should be a nice guy and "SHARE". I reply no sharing.

This sob has never done a thing for anyone in his life, and brag abut it. He even steals Chalk from the Pool Table Chalk holder because he will not spend $.96/Chalk Six Pack at Wally World.

Ah, the irony.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The faux nit
I knew a man in the 80's who was worth a hundred million, or so.
He liked playing pool, backgammon, and gin.
..but he always kept his losses under $100.

I figure the reason that he didn't give out serious action was because
he didn't want to be the center of attention....he just liked being around
action rooms without being harassed.

He bitterly complained one day when I beat him for $70 playing gin...
..( I used to tell him I was going to beat him for everything he had..
..he could sleep in the garage till he found a room :))....then he told
me he got scammed for 80 g's on a stock swindle that day....
...and grinned "Another lesson." he said.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
One night I was playing One Pocket at Sally's place down in Galveston, when this drop dead gorgeous blonde walks up and asks if I'd like to play her boyfriend for fifty a game. After I pick my eyeballs off the floor and put them back, I manage to sputter out something really cool. "Okay." I said.
He unpacks his stuff and we start playing.
So his girlfriend, see, is sitting close by and when I come up to the table for a shot she does this Sharon Stone thing, like in Basic Instinct, which I catch a glimpse of. Well, needless to say, I blow the shot all to hell and open up a six ball run that eventually loses me the game and fifty bucks.
The moral to all this, you ask?
Beware of those who intentionally distract you.

For those of you who have forgotten. Sally's place was over by the quay, on Canal street. They had a 5 x 10 Gandy in the back room. :smile:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
For those of you who have forgotten. Sally's place was over by the quay, on Canal street. They had a 5 x 10 Gandy in the back room. :smile:

Anybody who would gamble on a 5x10 Gandy deserves to lose their money.
And if that place was really that old...I think the table was a Macon....
..the fore-runner of Gandy.

On either one, if you had to bank with speed, it was advisable to count
the rails before your next shot.

regards
pt

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Its actually a really good Mexican food place, but they offer free ice cream with the purchase of a meal. Its self serve. This said short stop will walk right in and get one every time before he comes into the hall.

oh, you lost me at mexican food.

I'm also one of those who don't buy food in the pool hall, usually. All they have to do is make the food in the pool hall as good as the food in a restaurant. It can't be rock hard cisco chicken fingers or something from the Safeway frozen aisle.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One night I was playing One Pocket at Sally's place down in Galveston, when this drop dead gorgeous blonde walks up and asks if I'd like to play her boyfriend for fifty a game. After I pick my eyeballs off the floor and put them back, I manage to sputter out something really cool. "Okay." I said.
He unpacks his stuff and we start playing.
So his girlfriend, see, is sitting close by and when I come up to the table for a shot she does this Sharon Stone thing, like in Basic Instinct, which I catch a glimpse of. Well, needless to say, I blow the shot all to hell and open up a six ball run that eventually loses me the game and fifty bucks.
The moral to all this, you ask?
Beware of those who intentionally distract you.

You didn't get sharked,you got "Muffed"

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I know what you mean Tramp. I was playing some time ago when the same type of woman walked up to the table and asked me if I wanted to sleep with her for $50.

I thought about it for a second and said, "Well, I'm not that tired but I sure could use the money".