Types of people you see at the Pool Hall

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The cue salesman

Always has a dealer case with him, and always uses the same line, "for you, ill give it to you for a special price!" Can be heard saying that same line thru out the night to everyone. Sometimes he is also the Nit Shortstop

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Here's one that really irritates me...

Mr. let me clean my tip off by twisting it into the carpet every time I break my cue down after every set I play no matter where I'm at with absolutely zero regard for ruining the carpet. Doesn't matter if he just played a 10 ahead set for the last 15 hours or a race to 1 week night tourney. He wipes his tip off on the carpet no matter how long or short his match was. To me this is flat out rude. I don't know why or when this act of disregard started. And why is it even necessary? Does chalk left on the tip damage things somehow?

Sometimes this is the same person who spits tabacco juice onto the carpet and rubs it in with their muddy boot.

Overall, I'd have to say that, pool players as a whole, are some of the most uncouth and unsophisticated people in existence.

Blue collar sport for sure.

Joe Lunch Bucket..

Last edited:

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
Mr. let me clean my tip off by twisting it into the carpet every time I break my cue down after every set I play no matter where I'm at with absolutely zero regard for ruining the carpet. Doesn't matter if he just played a 10 ahead set for the last 15 hours or a race to 1 week night tourney. He wipes his tip off on the carpet no matter how long or short his match was. To me this is flat out rude. I don't know why or when this act of disregard started. And why is it even necessary? Does chalk left on the tip damage things somehow?

Sometimes this is the same person who spits tabacco juice onto the carpet and rubs it in with their muddy boot.

Overall, I'd have to say that, pool players as a whole, are some of the most uncouth and unsophisticated people in existence.

Blue collar sport for sure.

Joe Lunch Bucket..

You got me LOL.Where I play these days has concrete floors so I use my shirt now but when I play on carpet...

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
why do you do it????????????????????

hehe sorry man.

I do it just to get the chalk off my cue.I figure the carpet will be inundated with chalk eventually anyway and well...I am a blue collar guy LOl.Plus moves like these give me an edge over the suit wearing sissy types like you when we match up:D.Just kidding H.

I will change my ways I promise to acquire a pool towel to carry on my case and use that to dechalk my tip.I need the towel anyway to wipe my cue at time or even my hands.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
OK, you are forgiven.

But I still don't understand the benefit of cleaning chalk off of a leather tip that you are going to be wiping chalk back onto next time you play.

This really does piss me off.

hehe sorry man.

I do it just to get the chalk off my cue.I figure the carpet will be inundated with chalk eventually anyway and well...I am a blue collar guy LOl.Plus moves like these give me an edge over the suit wearing sissy types like you when we match up:D.Just kidding H.

I will change my ways I promise to acquire a pool towel to carry on my case and use that to dechalk my tip.I need the towel anyway to wipe my cue at time or even my hands.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, you are forgiven.

But I still don't understand the benefit of cleaning chalk off of a leather tip that you are going to be wiping chalk back onto next time you play.

This really does piss me off.

I do it so I dont get that blue chalk all over the inside of my black case.

smoooothstroke

JerLaw
Silver Member
Like chuck said it gets in your case.I don't want chalk on my ferule,shaft or hands.For the same reason I like to wipe off the rails of the table I am playing on because when people bang the chalk down or place the chalk face down it can get on my shaft via transfer.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a chalk wiper-offer also. Like the others, I do it to keep the chalk from transferring to the inside of my case and onto my shafts. Most places I've played at had carpet dirtier than you'd find at a Chinese buffet (anyone who's ever steam cleaned carpets will recognize the seriousness of that statement... the dirty water from the machine afterwards looks like used motor oil) and I feel like I'm not doing damage. After a while, I realized that it was possibly looked down on and also possibly getting the nasties on my tip, so I use a microfiber towel that stays in my case.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Regardless of why you grind your tip into someone else's carpet it's rude, disrespectful and low class.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Unlikely couple guy
This guy is five foot nothing weighs a hundred and nothing pounds wears the cap gangsta style with the sagging pants and the oversize white tee. The guy is as ugly as hell ruined grill and a fake chain around his neck. He barks and postures like he is a bad arse.

The trip part is his girlfriend is hot, like a ten and you can't understand why. Then you realize he is probably a drug dealer and she is with him for what ever gets her high.

Big Break Guy The break is the most important shot in the game so important that this guy practices it over and over again hitting the ball at mach 1 speed and knocks the cue ball off the table every other time he breaks. Trouble is he can't run more than 3 balls at any given time.

I'm going to Vegas guy. The player that mentions to you no less than 10 times while playing that he has gone to Vegas with his league team and will be going again this year because his team is just soooo strong. Once upon a time I was impressed by this guy until I realized everyone has gone to Vegas who is willing to pay their way.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to Vegas guy. The player that mentions to you no less than 10 times while playing that he has gone to Vegas with his league team and will be going again this year because his team is just soooo strong. Once upon a time I was impressed by this guy until I realized everyone has gone to Vegas who is willing to pay their way.

Marcus, Im surprised no one has brought this one up yet. Good one!