SOLD.
Here is the absolute premium in performance...a mix of old school & new. First...the birdseye is old growth that I bought a few years ago from another cuemaker...the wood is 40+ years old. What you see is the great looking figure & character of the old growth wood...no stain was used...or needed. This wood is very dense with superb tone quality. The handle is a nicely grained Padauk...if you don't know, Padauk is one of the most stable woods used in cuemaking. I thought it was the perfect compliment to the BEM. The pin is a brass 3/8-10. The phenolic used on this cue is the soon to be gone mahogany. Atlas decided to quit offering it & soon it will be hard to come by. This is one of my very last cues that I'll make using the mahogany. That makes this cue somewhat rare...what makes it truly rare is the shaft. The A+ shaft is 13mm & weighs 4.2oz. The rare part is this shaft features the absolute real deal, true old Westinghouse Micarta. This material is highly sought after & extremely rare...and known for its top shelf performance. You've seen this material used on old Schon & SW cues...yes the ferrule in time will turn the beautiful yellow shade for which the real Micarta is famous. The tip is a Kamui medium. Old Micarta & a Kamui tip...the best of old & new performance. The cue is 58" & 19oz. This cue is my attempt to create what is the closest performance you can get to an old SW/DPK. After shooting a few balls with this sweetheart...I think I nailed it. I'll be listing this cue for sale probably later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for looking. :smile:
Here is the absolute premium in performance...a mix of old school & new. First...the birdseye is old growth that I bought a few years ago from another cuemaker...the wood is 40+ years old. What you see is the great looking figure & character of the old growth wood...no stain was used...or needed. This wood is very dense with superb tone quality. The handle is a nicely grained Padauk...if you don't know, Padauk is one of the most stable woods used in cuemaking. I thought it was the perfect compliment to the BEM. The pin is a brass 3/8-10. The phenolic used on this cue is the soon to be gone mahogany. Atlas decided to quit offering it & soon it will be hard to come by. This is one of my very last cues that I'll make using the mahogany. That makes this cue somewhat rare...what makes it truly rare is the shaft. The A+ shaft is 13mm & weighs 4.2oz. The rare part is this shaft features the absolute real deal, true old Westinghouse Micarta. This material is highly sought after & extremely rare...and known for its top shelf performance. You've seen this material used on old Schon & SW cues...yes the ferrule in time will turn the beautiful yellow shade for which the real Micarta is famous. The tip is a Kamui medium. Old Micarta & a Kamui tip...the best of old & new performance. The cue is 58" & 19oz. This cue is my attempt to create what is the closest performance you can get to an old SW/DPK. After shooting a few balls with this sweetheart...I think I nailed it. I'll be listing this cue for sale probably later tonight or tomorrow. Thank you for looking. :smile:
Attachments
Last edited: