Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
This BS has been going on for centuries in this game. It is nothing new and I am sure it will happen again. The internet brings it to the surface quickly and to a lot more people.
I admire Lee's game and hope he digs his way out like a few have done before him.

The truth is many have lost themselves and never found their way back to reality:(.
I am not justifying Lee's actions but I don't wand to crap on him either...until I have walked in his shoes.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While it isn't what people would've hoped for, you are right in some ways. He did post, not yet on here, that he screwed up. I've had hard/depressing times in my life where I've let myself and others down. I'll still wish the best for him and hope that it helps him reach a point towards the downward spiral that he begins to work his way back up again to a personally fulfilling life. $30.. I could use it, but could also piss it away in a poker machine if the weakness strikes me. I'd be more happy knowing, however odd, that it contributed to somebody's time in their life where they recognize that they need to move onward and upward. Be well, Lee.

Sincerely,
John Scudder

well said, i aint picking sides here or knocking lee or the people who put him in the box THAT AINT MY BIZ, I just think worse decisions have been made. If I had a beef with Lee, I'd call him and sort it out, not make a off color comment in a public forum.

And for the record I have no beef with Lee, I wish him well and I hope that others do as well, thats how i stand on it all,

next

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This BS has been going on for centuries in this game. It is nothing new and I am sure it will happen again. The internet brings it to the surface quickly and to a lot more people.
I admire Lee's game and hope he digs his way out like a few have done before him.

The truth is many have lost themselves and never found their way back to reality:(.
I am not justifying Lee's actions but I don't wand to crap on him either...until I have walked in his shoes.

Hey there hows the tom's this year??, hint hint<-----that i will go public with:p;):thumbup:

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Yep, he could have just said, "sorry, I played bad".

At least he was honest about it, I guess.

With the Cliff Joyner thread, the other player, can't remember his name now. The one who GF destroyed his chances and now this.

It just keeps getting tougher for a player to get a stake on AZ and this one doesn't help.

I agree, having a bad day on the table is acceptable. We donated to help a guy get out of a bad spot and give him a chance. This wasn't a good way to repay us.

I was only in for $25 so no big deal but I can assure you, it will be the last time I donate to any player on AZ.

I could have turned the $25 into beer myself. I didn't need help doing it.

That is unless Cleary goes in again. Seems he was the only stand up guy outta the four.

I sent some money to help a couple of kids go to Church Camp. I would do something similar to that any day. No more players tho.

You sure about that?

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do understand where Lee is at mentally. I've been there...lived in my car for six months one time. That stated,

1. Obviously, Bonus Ball has still not paid everyone.
2. It shows good character that he publicly owned up to his major screwup.
3. Lee, hard to admit, but maybe it's time to think about getting a more regular job. You aren't getting any younger, and it's getting pretty late in life to be trying to start a career in pool. You have to start looking to the future, as hard as that can be. If you don't, you better get used to sleeping in your car and wondering where and when your next meal will come from.
4. It's my understanding that you are a fine instructor. Maybe get with Randy G. or Scott L. and learn how to make a go of that route. They have succeeded admirably at it.
5. While owning up to your mistake showed good character, likewise, making the mistake showed wrong thinking. You are now at the bottom, time to start doing something different or the same old thing will keep on happening. If BB doesn't pay up real soon, like before the first match starts back up, time to walk and find something reliable.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
well said, i aint picking sides here or knocking lee or the people who put him in the box THAT AINT MY BIZ, I just think worse decisions have been made. If I had a beef with Lee, I'd call him and sort it out, not make a off color comment in a public forum.

And for the record I have no beef with Lee, I wish him well and I hope that others do as well, thats how i stand on it all,

next
Why shouldn't it be brought to a public forum?When AZ rallied to help
him is because it was brought up on a public forum.Now that he crashed and
burned by his own admission,shouldn't the very same forum that was willing to help,
know of his mishaps?
Worse decisions probably have been made,but in no way should it excuse
his mistake.D Lewis went out on a limb to help the guy and in turn gets
a internet slap in the face.Lee should pay his investors back from AZ.
That would be a healthy start.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
burned by his own admission,shouldn't the very same forum that was willing to help,
know of his mishaps?

It's no secret that Lee and I have had previous issues and I think this was my olive branch.

I noticed that he lost to Dechaine but I didn't check the B side, just checked now, Bartram threw a shutout against him on the B side. Yuck.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
know of his mishaps?

I have no issue with it being brought to the forum. What I disagree with is the OP that posted the info admits to having no skin in the game. IMO, it's fine to out a guy, but it should have been started by someone who was at least hurt by Lee's failings. Not someone looking to just stir it up a bit.

At that point, I think anyone should be able to post up their opinion, pile on or defend accordingly.

Just my opinion though.

Craig

Custom Cue-Repair
Silver Member
Sounds like it's time to get a 40hr a week job like most people have.

Some people just don't get it in life if you keep doing the same thing every day and the results is failure then don't expect it to just change. Just like some will say failure breeds failure.

It's just common sense when you get tired of just getting by, when you get tired of being broke, when you get tired of the life you're living then you will make the right decisions to better your life.

If a person never makes those changes then be prepared for a miserable life.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
know of his mishaps?

not what i said, read what i said again.

"I have no beef, IF I HAD A BEEF I"D TAKE IT PRIVATLY"

I dont give a rats ass what other people do-until they misquote me.

best
eric:)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like it's time to get a 40hr a week job like most people have.

Some people just don't get it in life if you keep doing the same thing every day and the results is failure then don't expect it to just change. Just like some will say failure breeds failure.

It's just common sense when you get tired of just getting by, when you get tired of being broke, when you get tired of the life you're living then you will make the right decisions to better your life.

If a person never makes those changes then be prepared for a miserable life.

nobody plans on failing, but some fail to plan......

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alien pool player abduction would make a better story.

Eh - doesn't make sense.

He could easily have said, "Sorry guys, played like hippo shit" and left it at that. Nobody would have a clue about drinking (if he really did) or the car (doubt if he did). Maybe he played bad and was just really embarrassed and made up stupid excuses that are back-firing?

I've played SO bad before, I wanted to tell everyone that I was abducted by aliens on my way to the room, experienced lost time, found myself curled up in a ball naked in the woods and then found my cue near a crop circle and then fixed my hair and continued on to play my match... but then again, I was like .... "Shit - it's just easier to say I played bad."

Nobody who gave Lee money is marching up the hill, believe it. Whoever did it, did so to help him play and whatever happened, happened. Hell, we all sponsored Cleary just for something to do -- so what's the difference?? In fact, if Clearly doesn't miss a match because he's drunk -- I'm going to be upset w/ him.

Give me a break.

Lee was prob just embarrassed he played bad.

I like the alien excuse, I wish Lee would have posted this happened, it would make a much better story. :thumbup:

St. Louie Louie would have done the same thing as Lee, then get a millionaire to stake him the next day a set for 10k.......and win.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not what i said, read what i said again.

"I have no beef, IF I HAD A BEEF I"D TAKE IT PRIVATLY"

I dont give a rats ass what other people do-until they misquote me.

best
eric:)

There was a group of people who put Lee in the event because he said he hadn't been paid from bonus ball, etc etc etc. many of them posted that it was a donation. I was the one who started the thread in the action room on Lees behalf and worked the agreement 50/50 after the entry was paid back.

Lee openly admitted to drinking in excess and not being able to see the balls. There is no reason to have 15 different private conversations with Lee. He will see this, he will apologize. It's likely because he openly is admitting he has an alcohol problem that maybe it's time for some help. Maybe it's time to get a real job. Maybe it's time to be a responsible adult.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
. IMO, it's fine to out a guy, but it should have been started by someone who was at least hurt by Lee's failings. Not someone looking to just stir it up a bit.

Diamond, there are a few members that have brought drama to the board whenever possible. They seem to thrive on it. Hey, we all like it in the proper context sometimes.

I honestly didn't read into Jesters post as being malicious or trying to cause trouble.

If he hadn't have brought it our attention, someone else most likely would have.

Its not like the biggest crime in the world, Lee was honest about it. Posted his feelings on his FB page and it became Public Knowledge.

Probably more disappointing than anything else and I would bet that Lee is more disappointed in himself than anyone else.

Tomorrow is a new day.

The thing that I find is that every time something like this happens, and it seems it happens every time in some fashion, whether these players realize it or not, they just make their chances and other players chances zero or close to it, the next time someone asks for a favor.

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do hope the guy gets his life together, I'm having a shit day and my sympathy is on tilt.
Hopefully tomorrow will be better

Boston$tyle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably coulda found a Better spot then lee, drunk or 100% sober woulda been a Cinderella story if he cashed. Couldn't see being profitable

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
No one expected him to cash. He had a bad go of it with Bonus Ball and some of us wanted to give him a break.

backplaying

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good post.