Very dissapointed in lee brett. Should be ashamed

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is that if you give a pool player money you should consider it gone. IF you get anything back you have outrun the nuts :) And like I said, it's different in Vegas and there are mitigating circumstances in this case.

But to answer your question: no. He has killed that golden goose, IMO.

Lou Figueroa

I agree that he has killed the golden goose. Those who "forgive and forget" are setting themselves up for another disappointment.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've always heard that if you want to get out of a hole........then stop digging.

If you've got $17 left to buy food for a week AND you're sleeping in your car.......toss the shovel. Toss it NOW!!! Alcohol is the last thing you need to be spending your money on.

That said, I hope Lee finds his way back to living a more comfortable life. I too am in the group that thinks it's probably time for him to find meaningful employment (unless he just likes being dirt poor and sleeping on a four foot bed :sorry:).

I also feel that it being posted on here is acceptable seeing how that this is where he came to asking for money. He basically gave up his right to privacy by posting on FB.

And no, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I have an opinion, which is mostly what this forum is made up of anyways.

Maniac

That's how I feel about it. If you're that far down then time to get to work. Personally I would have found a sympathetic vendor and asked to be allowed to stand there and sell my dvds and books and arrange lessons. If they had a table I would have offered to give teaser lessons for free and collected addresses.

I am sorry but I honestly feel that every decent pool player has enough skill to do something in the game to make some money beyond playing tournaments or gambling. Lee is an instructor, he knows how to teach his methods and if he isn't focused on that surrounded by 5000 pool players then I honestly don't know how to help him.

I understand being broke, I have lived in my car, scrounged for change, pawned everything I had. Many of us have been there. The question really is what do you do when you are there?

I mean honestly I would have taken that $17 and bought a roll of tokens and set up a little sign on a table and written "Play Better Pool in FIVE MINUTES for $10 or Free" and used one rack of balls and 5-10 minutes to make corrections and sent the player to an adjacent table to practice. I am a lemons to lemonade guy and look for every little opening to pump up when I am broke.

Regarding his pay from Bonus Ball though I have to say that this is souring me on Bonus Ball big time. I have no idea what Lee is supposed to be paid but Larry should take care of it and make sure the staff is paid. It's ridiculous to leave your employees twisting in the wind like this. And by employees I do NOT mean the pros. Those guys have resources, they can get home if they really need to. They can go on Facebook and say things like who wants a $50 lesson with Rodney Morris and have people clamoring to stuff $50 bills in Rodney's pockets.

I feel that Lee could also do this but he has to obviously work harder for it being a relatively unknown person in the pool world.

Anyway, hope it works out and we don't have a tragedy brewing. I imagine Lee is very depressed right now and I want to tell him publicly that he has options, good ones if he will think about it and use the resources he has.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I've staked and helped stake many a player on AZ over the years. Most of mine were given as a free roll. I got made a fool of once and that is and will be the last one I help out on here. Johnnyt

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I only donated $15 for Cleary. I thought it was a joke thread anyway based on Cliff Joyner's failed attempt at a stake. It was a fun thread, had a couple of laughs.

If he posts a video of himself walking into the pool fully clothed, it will be money well spent.

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Lee usually stays with me when he is in Chicago. I like him very much and I dont doubt his integrity. If I am holding I would put him into action anytime. We all do dumb things. You could rent Yankee stadium with the money I have blown because I was foolishly enhanced.

Beard

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I sure hope he's not living out of his car. It's been up to 117 degrees there lately. It would be unbearable, if not potentially deadly, be it heat or crime, to live in your car in Vegas this time of year. Was he living in his car when BB was actually cutting checks?

KK9 <-- awaiting Lee's post in this thread and still LMFAO from Cleary's post of the year

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My opinion is that if you give a pool player money you should consider it gone. IF you get anything back you have outrun the nuts :) And like I said, it's different in Vegas and there are mitigating circumstances in this case.

Lou Figueroa

Lou you are are hard sometimes, you have direct and caustic way of stating things that gets on my nerves and I do not always agree with you but in this case you are exactly right.

People of AZ listen to Lou Figueroa

"if you give a pool player money you should consider it gone"

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Nothing anyone says in this thread is going to have a negative impact on Lee's ability to get staked.

If he ever comes on here looking to get staked again, you will have a whole new crop of people lining up to take a piece of him, and even if everyone bashes him, you will have a certain group of people who will undoubtedly believe that he has reformed, and is now a worthwhile investment. And if he hasn't, they will deceive themselves into thinking that the opportunity that they give him, is the opportunity for him to prove them all wrong.

There are ALWAYS suckers lining up to adopt a pool player.
It's pool tradition.

Banks

Banned
Nothing anyone says in this thread is going to have a negative impact on Lee's ability to get staked.

If he ever comes on here looking to get staked again, you will have a whole new crop of people lining up to take a piece of him, and even if everyone bashes him, you will have a certain group of people who will undoubtedly believe that he has reformed, and is now a worthwhile investment. And if he hasn't, they will deceive themselves into thinking that the opportunity that they give him, is the opportunity for him to prove them all wrong.

There are ALWAYS suckers lining up to adopt a pool player.
It's pool tradition.

Then there are those that are optimistic and believe in the best in others. It may not always work out, but it's better than living thinking everybody is a chump or a cheater.

I thought about offering myself for staking in the next regional, but I'm too damn greedy and it's only $70 or so. :grin:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Baffling anyone defends this... I guess if I ever were a former alcoholic
who slept in his car I'd have more sympathy.

Every single drink he took was a decision.
He could stop at 3, 4, 5, 6, whatever.
Or never go out that night if he's aware he has a problem.

At some point the thought popped into his head "maybe I better stop
because I have a match tomorrow and I'm playing on someone else's dime."
And then he said "eh, fυck it." which is a lot like saying "eh, fυck you"
to those who staked him.

Oh well, at least he showed up for the match.

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool players

I think it is funny that people always talk about what is wrong with pool etc... The douchebag players are what is wrong. No one wants to be involoved with pool with any serious money because of the damn players. When we all know and almost think it is comical that if you give a pool player money or let the one ahole hold a hundred for ya that you should consider it gone and you should know better etc.. the fact that pool players in general continously don't play, practice, they dump, split, cut up, steal etc with no governing body to suspend players like major sports for peds etc, In the last few days I have seen and heard of every example happening. there is no accountability in pool on almost any level. People give money to guys with shitty reputations and guys with shitty reps still have the audacity to come on here asking for money. And people on here actually vouch for and defend them.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
lol you gotta be kidding me. I don't know you and could care less what you think of me but if anyone honestly feels I ripped them off ill gladly refund them.

I was scheduled to play at 8:30 PM on Friday. I showed up at 6 to hit balls because I wanted to at least try. I'm a C player bout to play a world champion... I got no chance winning 5 games, much less winning. I showed up ready to go. And I was drunk. I play better drinking so I drank.

Power goes out and we wait around drinking. When I went to bed I set the alarm on my phone fully intending to play at 10am. I woke up at 11:15am to 15 missed calls and 20 texts. Trust me, I wasn't real happy. I brought two outfits just for this tounament to be funny.

I play on the loser side at 6pm Saturday and I didn't win a game. I had several outs and couldn't make a ball. The crowd loved it. After I lost, I walked outside fully clothed and walked into the swimming pool. (Video coming soon)

If I thought I had a legit shot in a tournament id pay the entry myself and win the money for myself. Asking for money started out as a joke. Great players come on here and can't get staked. But I'm a good person that treats people good and just likes to have fun. The people in put in knew that. They knew I couldn't cash or even win 1 match. They thought it was funny. Also, I payed $140 of the entry myself FYI. A lot of people who put me in are here now and it made them laugh even harder knowing I didn't win 1 game.

But you can continue to dislike me all you want.

No need to explain, Cleary. Your cause was the best $5 investment I ever made :). Here's what I wrote in your thread, I thought I'd put it here as well so others can enjoy your past videos:

Cleary is the man that brought us JB topless...isn't that worth all this current entertainment investment?

Initial commercial of Big Tony's Quest for US Open Glory.
http://vimeo.com/15844357

Episode 2 of Big Tony's Quest for US Open Glory.
http://vimeo.com/15843266

Episode 3 (featuring Jennifer Barretta TOPLESS) of Big Tony's Quest for US Open Glory.
http://www.vimeo.com/17753363

If there was an actual Episode 1, I could not find it, sorry. But these are pretty fun to revisit. Thanks, Cleary (and your Rickie Fowler outfit)!

Dave

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
No need to explain, Cleary. Your cause was the best $5 investment I ever made :). Here's what I wrote in your thread, I thought I'd put it here as well so others can enjoy your past videos:

Cleary is the man that brought us JB topless...isn't that worth all this current entertainment investment?

Initial commercial of Big Tony's Quest for US Open Glory.
http://vimeo.com/15844357

Episode 2 of Big Tony's Quest for US Open Glory.
http://vimeo.com/15843266

Episode 3 (featuring Jennifer Barretta TOPLESS) of Big Tony's Quest for US Open Glory.
http://www.vimeo.com/17753363

If there was an actual Episode 1, I could not find it, sorry. But these are pretty fun to revisit. Thanks, Cleary (and your Rickie Fowler outfit)!

Dave

"I'm Big Tony. 2010 US Open 9 Ball Champion....Probably."

Still cracks me up.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
lol you gotta be kidding me. I don't know you and could care less what you think of me but if anyone honestly feels I ripped them off ill gladly refund them.

I was scheduled to play at 8:30 PM on Friday. I showed up at 6 to hit balls because I wanted to at least try. I'm a C player bout to play a world champion... I got no chance winning 5 games, much less winning. I showed up ready to go. And I was drunk. I play better drinking so I drank.

Power goes out and we wait around drinking. When I went to bed I set the alarm on my phone fully intending to play at 10am. I woke up at 11:15am to 15 missed calls and 20 texts. Trust me, I wasn't real happy. I brought two outfits just for this tounament to be funny.

I play on the loser side at 6pm Saturday and I didn't win a game. I had several outs and couldn't make a ball. The crowd loved it. After I lost, I walked outside fully clothed and walked into the swimming pool. (Video coming soon)

If I thought I had a legit shot in a tournament id pay the entry myself and win the money for myself. Asking for money started out as a joke. Great players come on here and can't get staked. But I'm a good person that treats people good and just likes to have fun. The people in put in knew that. They knew I couldn't cash or even win 1 match. They thought it was funny. Also, I payed $140 of the entry myself FYI. A lot of people who put me in are here now and it made them laugh even harder knowing I didn't win 1 game.

But you can continue to dislike me all you want.

You totally misread what I wrote here. I actually wasn't referring to you when I said that at least he admitted like a man. I was trying to see some bright side to what happened with Lee. You admitted to drinking yourself on Facebook, so it's not like you denied it. The story with Lee is totally different than yours. He came on here asking to be staked and gave people the legitimate impression that he could win them some cash.

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Thank you Freddy.

It seems like everyone who has posted is a do-gooder and would never consider sipping the vino.

Would I contribute to him in the future, yes I would.

I hope that Lee is also forgiving when one of you is broken down along the side of the road, and he passes by.

This is the pool world, and the guys who are complaining put 10 sticks in their profile all high end, and come here to ***** about the $10 that Lee had to BEG out of them, I mean he had to beg and beg to get the entry at the last minute.

Lee usually stays with me when he is in Chicago. I like him very much and I dont doubt his integrity. If I am holding I would put him into action anytime. We all do dumb things. You could rent Yankee stadium with the money I have blown because I was foolishly enhanced.

Beard