Whacha doin' for the SUPER BOWL?

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA had planned to boil 300 lbs of Crawfish for a big Super Bowl Par-tay. They placed their order a few days ago but were informed yesteday that the crawfish harvest hadn't fully started and the supplier would not be able to provide the needed crawfish. So Buff decided that he would order 150 lbs of Shrimp and 200 pounds of lake crabs for boiling. How's that for a pool room owner?

With the Saints going up against the might Colts, there will be a lot of drinking, eating, gambling and other debauchery. :grin: There might even be a few people playing pool.

So if you're in the New Orleans area, drop by and pass a good time.

You know I have said that if another Katrina hits our area, I would pack up and move but when I think about leaving Buffalo Billiards behind, it would be a difficult decision for sure.

The big game will be on all of the big screen TV's at Buffs. There are three different football pools paying 100, 250 & 500 a quarter. I've got some decent numbers for the 250 a quarter and pathetic numbers for the 500 a quarter, nothing on the 100 a quarter pool.

The heavy hitters will be down in the Quarter having a good time but we'll stay out in the suburbs.

A lot of people are expected to come out to Buffalo Billiards for the par-tay. I wish we had live-streaming so we could show you how New Orleanians Par-tay. :dance::dance:

So what are you doing for the Super Bowl?

JoeyA
 
Last edited:
I have a Sunday night league team and will be playing our matches surrounded by a dozen flat screens all tuned in to the same channel.
Not a bad compromise.

Steve
 
Joey,

I was very tempted to plan a trip back home for the big party, but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm having a little New Orleans party of my own here in Fort Collins. I'm making Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, and Shrimp Remoulaude. I've also mail-ordered a King Cake from Gambino's.

Go Saints,
Dave


Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA had planned to boil 300 lbs of Crawfish for a big Super Bowl Par-tay. They placed their order a few days ago but were informed yesteday that the crawfish harvest hadn't fully started and the supplier would not be able to provide the needed crawfish. So Buff decided that he would order 150 lbs of Shrimp and 200 pounds of lake crabs for boiling. How's that for a pool room owner?

With the Saints going up against the might Colts, there will be a lot of drinking, eating, gambling and other debauchery. :grin: There might even be a few people playing pool.

So if you're in the New Orleans area, drop by and pass a good time.

You know I have said that if another Katrina hits our area, I would pack up and move but when I think about leaving Buffalo Billiards behind, it would be a difficult decision for sure.

The big game will be on all of the big screen TV's at Buffs. There are three different football pools paying 100, 250 & 500 a quarter. I've got some decent numbers for the 250 a quarter and pathetic numbers for the 500 a quarter, nothing on the 100 a quarter pool.

The heavy hitters will be down in the Quarter having a good time but we'll stay out in the suburbs.

A lot of people are expected to come out to Buffalo Billiards for the par-tay. I wish we had live-streaming so we could show you how New Orleanians Par-tay. :dance::dance:

So what are you doing for the Super Bowl?

JoeyA
 
Who dat?

Joey,

I was very tempted to plan a trip back home for the big party, but it just wasn't in the cards. I'm having a little New Orleans party of my own here in Fort Collins. I'm making Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, and Shrimp Remoulaude. I've also mail-ordered a King Cake from Gambino's.

Go Saints,
Dave

I like that menu, Dave but you know we save the red beans for Mondays. :grin:

Gambino King Cakes are GREAT!

JoeyA
 
I like that menu, Dave but you know we save the red beans for Mondays. :grin:
Red Beans and Rice has always been my favorite dish, so I often commit sacrilege by serving it on other days. :eek:

Don't tell my parents,
Dave
 
I'm playing in it! The Colts called me last week to help out with the suspect running game. "Now starting at the Running Back position - Jay Helfert, 5'7" and 175 pounds!"

It's been a while since I played so it might take me all of two weeks to get ready. Peyton understands and is cool with it. I told him just give me the ball when he needs those tough four yards. I'll take care of the rest!

Man, that was such a good dream. Why did my daughter have to call and wake me up? I was already moving up on all the rushing records for the Super Bowl! :eek:
 
The Ginger Bread Man

I'm playing in it! The Colts called me last week to help out with the suspect running game. "Now starting at the Running Back position - Jay Helfert, 5'7" and 175 pounds!"

It's been a while since I played so it might take me all of two weeks to get ready. Peyton understands and is cool with it. I told him just give me the ball when he needs those tough four yards. I'll take care of the rest!

Man, that was such a good dream. Why did my daughter have to call and wake me up? I was already moving up on all the rushing records for Super Bowl! :eek:

When it comes to speed, The GingerBread Man doesn't take a back seat to anyone, including Tim Jennings and the GBM has lots of similarities with TJ; he can't cover anyone but he sure can run a blue streak. :grin: :killingme:

JoeyA
 
a quiet game of pool

I was considering a quiet game of pool but I have been at Buffalo's on "normal" Saint game days. I suspect the decibel readings in Buff's will be higher than at the Superbowl itself!

That is some serious dollars to lay out on a free feed but I'm not surprised. Seems like I eat a free meal about as often as not when I go to Buffalo's. Pickle had a very large "sample" bowl of gumbo they are thinking about selling there last time I passed through. Tasty stuff! Buff or his staff always makes sure everyone playing knows about the free groceries if we aren't already bellied up to the trough too. Good tables, good food and drink, good folks, always somebody ready for a little action on almost anything, there just isn't anything not to like about Buffalo Billiards.

Hu



Buffalo Billiards in Metairie, LA had planned to boil 300 lbs of Crawfish for a big Super Bowl Par-tay. They placed their order a few days ago but were informed yesteday that the crawfish harvest hadn't fully started and the supplier would not be able to provide the needed crawfish. So Buff decided that he would order 150 lbs of Shrimp and 200 pounds of lake crabs for boiling. How's that for a pool room owner?

With the Saints going up against the might Colts, there will be a lot of drinking, eating, gambling and other debauchery. :grin: There might even be a few people playing pool.

So if you're in the New Orleans area, drop by and pass a good time.

You know I have said that if another Katrina hits our area, I would pack up and move but when I think about leaving Buffalo Billiards behind, it would be a difficult decision for sure.

The big game will be on all of the big screen TV's at Buffs. There are three different football pools paying 100, 250 & 500 a quarter. I've got some decent numbers for the 250 a quarter and pathetic numbers for the 500 a quarter, nothing on the 100 a quarter pool.

The heavy hitters will be down in the Quarter having a good time but we'll stay out in the suburbs.

A lot of people are expected to come out to Buffalo Billiards for the par-tay. I wish we had live-streaming so we could show you how New Orleanians Par-tay. :dance::dance:

So what are you doing for the Super Bowl?

JoeyA
 
Good God that sounds great. I've got plans to watch it in Lakeview but now you've got me trying to figure out how to weasel out of that.

After being in NOLA for only 3 weeks after a two year overseas trip I can tell you this post essentially encapsulates everything that is great about the city.
 
Given the impending Blizzard of 2010 does descend on the Washington D.C. area I will be watching straight pool videos and then the game on tv. Two feet of snow will do that sometimes.
 
Play pool in the afternoon. Go home and watch game on my big screen tv. Rooting for N.O.
 
I'm playing in it! The Colts called me last week to help out with the suspect running game. "Now starting at the Running Back position - Jay Helfert, 5'7" and 175 pounds!"

It's been a while since I played so it might take me all of two weeks to get ready. Peyton understands and is cool with it. I told him just give me the ball when he needs those tough four yards. I'll take care of the rest!

Man, that was such a good dream. Why did my daughter have to call and wake me up? I was already moving up on all the rushing records for the Super Bowl! :eek:

i think you weigh a buck 50
 
I am having a family party in Kenner (a suburb of N.O., for all of you not from here).

Although I hardly go there, I like Buffalo's, and I am sure the party will be nuts.

I am surprised thay have not gotten a "cease and desist order" from the NFL for attempting to have a mass screening, but I hear they are not going after the bars, and Buffalo's does have a bar.

Geaux Saints.
(Oh, and GO TO HELL, NFL.)

NFL = "Nothing but F*cking Lawyers"
 
Super bowl sunday

I'll be running my regular Sunday nine ball tournament, but will have three big flat screens to the left of the tournament board and three over the bar. Might just have the players call their own close hits.:) Get to play in it also.
 
Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints!

I live in SW Louisiana,so my fellow Coon Asses have already started to get wired up. Local grocery stores showing depleted amounts of Beer,Sausage,Chicken Meat,and other stuff we can't get out of the Gulf,the Ricefield,or the Ditch!! Sorry, no Roadkill,the Texans pick that up after leaving our local Casino's!!!
I have already cooked up a BBQ Beef Brisket. Have to go pick up about 20# of Boiled Crawfish as an appetizer,and I think we want to have a little Duck or Goose Gumbo. I'll start prepping tonight and will be in full swing Sun Morning.
I bet Grey Ghost will be having a Big Time Fais Do Do over in Lafayette!!!
Enjoy the Food,the Friendship,the Game,and the Party Afterwards.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!
 
We usually have our kids Godparents over to watch the game. But as Godmomma doesn't like football at all, and my wife isn't terribly thrilled with these teams (she's a Cowboys fan, fer cryin out loud) maybe the kids Godfather and I can sneak over to the club and play pool while watching the game ther.... Maybe....

Go Saints. (Not a Saints fan, mind you. But being a Pats fan, anyone who beats Payton Manning is my favorite team!)
 
I live in SW Louisiana,so my fellow Coon Asses have already started to get wired up. Local grocery stores showing depleted amounts of Beer,Sausage,Chicken Meat,and other stuff we can't get out of the Gulf,the Ricefield,or the Ditch!! Sorry, no Roadkill,the Texans pick that up after leaving our local Casino's!!!
I have already cooked up a BBQ Beef Brisket. Have to go pick up about 20# of Boiled Crawfish as an appetizer,and I think we want to have a little Duck or Goose Gumbo. I'll start prepping tonight and will be in full swing Sun Morning.
I bet Grey Ghost will be having a Big Time Fais Do Do over in Lafayette!!!
Enjoy the Food,the Friendship,the Game,and the Party Afterwards.
GEAUX SAINTS!!!!

New Orleans is my favorite big city in the world! People know how to live and enjoy life down there. I almost moved there instead of L.A. a million years ago. Too late now, but I have visited a few times over the years. Where else do they sing in the malls and on the streets, hand out tasty goodies in front of restaurants, greet you with a warm smile and cheerful hello, plus terrific music everywhere! I love the South but I'm temporarily stuck on the Left coast. Maybe in my next life I'll be a Cajun. :wink:
 
I'll be cozied up on my Lazy-Boy watching the game. Afterward, I may go downstairs and play some pool.

That reminds me. I need to go to the store.
 
Back
Top