What 90's pro from TV am I thinking of?

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a short, thin white guy, probably 5'6"-5'8" that had a big break and jumped up when he broke. I wanna say his first name was Jeff and his last name was pretty long but not sure on that.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
It sounds like David Howard. Mustache.

“Little David” or “Giant Killer”

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was a short, thin white guy, probably 5'6"-5'8" that had a big break and jumped up when he broke. I wanna say his first name was Jeff and his last name was pretty long but not sure on that.
You're talking about Jon Kucharo.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That sounds like a lot of them.

David Howard, Tommy Kennedy, George Breedlove, Ginky...

Breaking theatrics were on full display back then.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I think Kuch was taller Jay, but with your height :) I look like the Shaq LOL.
Thin tho Kush wasn't, but the giant killer Howard felt taller, with a great laugh.

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Joe Lawrence, Canuk. is another. Jumpin Joe.

Magyar19

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surprisingly, it is no one mentioned. This guy was really skinny and short and had thin, dark hair, balding on the top. Jumped about 5 feet in the air.

Scratch85

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This doesn’t seem likely to be your man but I think it was mid 90’s when Danny Harriman had a huge jump and exaggerated follow through on his 9-ball break. It may have been a US Open vs Mizerak that I am remembering. He was great to watch and a perfect gentleman. Played very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe Lawrence, Canuk. is another. Jumpin Joe.
There's a name i haven't heard in a while. Him and his partner came thru Tulsa in the mid/late '80's. Dude could flat play. Funny sidebar: on the way to Tulsa JL booked a loser and was so pissed he reared back and kicked out the windshield of their car. Some funny shit right there.

Stickman9

It sounds like David Howard. Mustache.

“Little David” or “Giant Killer”

One of the fun things about watching these old matches is to see who is in the audience. I spotted the following people:
Jean Balukas
Joan Mason
Buddy Hall
Leonard Bludworth
Bill Incardona
Howard Vickery
Tommy Kennedy
Sammy Jones
Mary Kenniston

Maybes:
Chris McDonald
George Breedlove
A young Shannon Daulton

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like Mike Segal. He would throw his whole body into it, bend his shaft against the table and his feet often left the floor in various, entertaining ways. He looked small on TV but I don't think he was that short.

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member

You are talking about George "Ginky" SanSouci.
You're welcome.
Karate-

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the guy isnt going to know if you guessed right anyway as he doesnt have a clue to the name.

all he has to do is google the pool players list back then and pick it out.