What's the biggest compliment anyone has said about your game.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back in the '80s when I was playing everyday I was a very good shot maker. One time I was playing a guy named Bucky and was really in dead stroke and pocketing balls from all over the table. Bucky says"This guy aint safe under the table"

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
Went back home (good stories aparently) for a visit and hit up my old pool room. Well unless you like 5 dollar one-pocket with the old crows then you're $hit out of luck for matching up.

It so happened that they did have a golf game (LOve this game!!!) going on this tight diamond table up near the front. I asked to jump in next game and they agreed. So it was me against 3 of the top players in the room. We played $5 a man and 50 cents a foul... 3 fouls you go back a hole. I end of running the first two holes my first turn at the table. Then i lay my ball perfect deep in the jaws of the side pocket (3 hole). The table played safe for a fair bit and the scratch kitty was up to 5 bucks.

After battling back and forth I catch a break and run out the last three holes without a miss!!! It was too bad I had to run because I was feeling great and I definitely got everybodies nose open (I was the wise cracking noob the last time they saw me 12 years before playing the cocky teenager role) and they were upset that I couldnt stay around...

On the way out this sqatty round guy Ive known for years says to me, "You know you weren't suppose to win that game right??"

I turned to him and said, "We all learn how to win eventually dont we??"

He smiled at me with that one-sided corner of the mouth to the ear grin and chuckled a bit. I told him I would be back if he wanted a piece and he agreed so... I still got a game waiting for me if he shows up. Well... He many want some weight but ill tell you this... He can have my extra 15lbs!!! :lol::lol:

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I take very few compliments seriously. The ones that warm my heart have come from players whose ability and experience I really respect. Both Corey Harper and Frank Almanza have said some very nice things about my game (and ongoing improvement) and these guys are not easily impressed. I have learned more from playing these two than almost anybody else. Their ability, experience and intelligence on the table is nothing short of amazing.

Chris

CrownCityCorey

Sock it to 'em!
Silver Member
I take very few compliments seriously. The ones that warm my heart have come from players whose ability and experience I really respect. Both Corey Harper and Frank Almanza have said some very nice things about my game (and ongoing improvement) and these guys are not easily impressed. I have learned more from playing these two than almost anybody else. Their ability, experience and intelligence on the table is nothing short of amazing.

Chris

Aww gee-whiz :blush:

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
That I am an incredible cutter/backcutter of balls.

As a friend says D you'll make a backcut on 1 ball to push 14
Balls to your opponents pocket.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I never got many compliments on my game, more often hearing how lucky I was. :D
One thing that several people have said to me that I did like was that I have great concentration. I do get focused when I'm down on the ball.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I never got many compliments on my game, more often hearing how lucky I was. :D
One thing that several people have said to me that I did like was that I have great concentration. I do get focused when I'm down on the ball.

How about you bank like god?

When you play Jay, you just hope like hell he doesn't get out of line, because his percentage on bank shots is like 100% from what I've seen.

Jay plays good - especially when there is cash at stake.

Chris

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I don't know why you don't get compliments.

The few times I've seen you in action I thought when you were focused and trying, you played very well. You're a straight shooter and smart player. I especially thought you played well over at Poolhustler's house. I liked your fundamentals and ability to hit shots under pressure.

No man, you play a respectable game - and you grind good - which is something only experienced players can do.

Chris

Chris, thanks for killing my action, lol!! :D

J/K. I appreciate your comments. Actually I think the small group of guys we assemble occasionally is a pretty good one, all the guys can play and it is pretty competitive. We've played 5-6 times and no repeat winner - that says something.

Hope to see you soon at the next event. ;)

master_cueist

pick your poison
Silver Member
Two more that I've had was gambling with SVB I asked for the 6 and 7 and he said that was too much to give me which I thought was really cool even though im sure he would still walk all over me with that spot but we werent playing for much, only race to 5 for 50 I think. Then I had a solid AA (vnea) who has a pretty bad memory that he would never forget to not ever leave me a bank and so help me god he still hasnt forgot, he tells me every time he sees me.

sr 9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People tell me, I have a gift. And that I'm wasting a gift because I don't take thing serious enough.

They don't know I put many hours on the practice table 20 years ago. Now I'm just out for fun.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
People tell me, I have a gift. And that I'm wasting a gift because I don't take thing serious enough.

They don't know I put many hours on the practice table 20 years ago. Now I'm just out for fun.

I agree the more I practice the more talented they tell me I am

it takes years of effort to make it look effortless

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Best compliment I had. I play one of my customers for a pizza once in a while, he is quite a bit better than me in one pocket. He told me," It used to be fun to beat you, but now you give me too many headaches to make it worthwhile. We need to raise the bet."

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Both Rodolfo Luat and Leonardo Andam said during a set of 10 Ball I was playing with Rafael Cusi at Makati Cinema Square in Makati City, in July of 2010

"Jeff you are playing very good now!"

One of the best moments in my pool life!

--Jeff