your paying too much for cues

shooter_Hans

You have a Balabuska and a Bill Stroud which are probably north of 7500 for the pair and are trying to correct people who in your opinion are spending too much for cues?

That is some funny shiite right there.😃😄😁😆😅
He said he had them made for him so it wasn't north of 7500 at the time. It is now.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your response to him made no logical sense though.
Think of it relatively like what you said about him not paying that much when he had the cues made. He could have probably got cues for 20% of what he did pay.

To further clarify my point , 50 years from now what do you think a 100.00 players or action cue will be worth?

shooter_Hans

Think of it relatively like what you said about him not paying that much when he had the cues made. He could have probably got cues for 20% of what he did pay.

To further clarify my point , 50 years from now what do you think a 100.00 players or action cue will be worth?
I'm not to here to argue with you.

It's Friday, I'm about to leave work and grab my cue and head to the pool hall.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
nitty picky on typing and grammar says a lot about someones character.

speech is only as effective as its ability to get your point across understandably all else is wasted.
You can always spot those who posted below 500 in English SAT. Same thing with its & it's.
Poster above excluded!

shooter_Hans

The problem with “you’re and your” has nothing to do with intelligence or not being able to distinguish the two. It’s our phones. A lot of people post on phones and it always recommend one versus the other.

They’re, their and there is another that the phone will not recognize but it will recommend it.

I will gladly take the mistake and be able to post a lot faster with word recommendations.

This wasn’t a big issue back then and is now one because of our phones.

I also use speech to text and that is even worst but it gets the job done. People will just have to decipher what I’m saying if I’m not on an actual computer.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
I figured a long time ago, shooting pool was communicating with the cue ball - which conveniently always does only what it's told. No grammer, spalling or butts.
“I like you Danny” “Cue ball right in the lumberyard, I mean corner Pocket”

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpeg
    IMG_0268.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

shooter_Hans

In regards to the phones. My cousins can text faster than they can type on a computer.

Another lost art is that nobody can write in cursive or know how to sign their name. Ask them to sign their name. LOL

We’ve just become too reliant on our phones.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
300 tops for a strictly top of the line made and hitting playing cue.

ill go to 500 for some that have to add things.

anything over that is fluff, or name brand value that has nothing to do with its playing.

go ahead and blast me or agree

Not going to blast you, just tell you that you are very wrong. Go down to a machine shop and check their hourly rate. Do the same at a custom woodworking shop. For the skills and equipment required there shouldn't be a custom cue made for under fifteen hundred, few under two thousand.

The people thinking cues should be cheap reminded me of an electrical contractor. He built a new building and needed a computer network. In talking he said he would pay me fifteen dollars an hour just like he paid his college student nephew to work on his computers. At the time, there were less than two-thousand people in the world that had my certifications for computers and networks. I told him he had two options, we would come in for one free consultation or he could be billed $150 a manhour, $300 an hour, for my partner and I to come in and design his network.

Bear in mind that this was over twenty years ago and the electrical contractor was billing over a hundred an hour himself.

If someone takes a look at man hours, machine hours, materials, shop expenses, all the real things that go into building a cue, fair billing would have custom prices starting at three thousand, not three hundred.

Hu

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends how you regard the economy dunnit? The premise is service but the practice is to goose it copiously towards supply side. All is food to the apex investors.

shooter_Hans

I think people need to realize we all know cues are way too expensive on the production side and we can only complain about it.

On the custom side you can’t really complain about them. If anyone can play with any cue then take your money to the ‘any cues’. When people complain about customs it’s because they are not willing to pay the money therefore don’t complain since it doesn’t pertain to you.

As for these production cues? Have a go at them since they are targeting the pool players.

If the average person isn’t buying 5k cues then let the people that do complain about them. Their usual complaint is done in negotiations and not publicly.

I play with the cheapest cue on the market right now and I collect cues in the thousands as well. I have a pending build that I’m contemplating about right now too.

Like most people here I’ve been playing since I was a teen. I can pick up any cue and play well. Give me 15 minutes to learn how it behaves. If I can pick up any cue and play well then I’m going to pick up a very very nice one. The “it’s the Indian not the arrow” logic no longer applies to me. I want something that looks fantastic now.

Last edited: