Tony Vs Dennis Chit Chat Thread

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lou,

I am weary of the negativity that follows you around.

Is it everyone else...or is it you?

Upon your return, I'll evaluate as to whether or not it needs to be a much longer break.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn't Gary Player state "the more he practices, the luckier he gets" ? Have to admit, Tony got some great rolls on some risky shots. Perhaps it was more skilled knowledge than pure luck?

Lyn

Hard to argue against skill, given the significance of the game and the result, but

DAMN, there is no way he can move 4 balls at warp speed around the foot end of the table...on his second shot after the break...and tell me where those damn nuggets are stopping!
:scratchhead::bow-down::bow-down:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hard to argue against skill, given the significance of the game and the result, but

DAMN, there is no way he can move 4 balls at warp speed around the foot end of the table...on his second shot after the break...and tell me where those damn nuggets are stopping!

Wish I had an answer. Hate to call it pure luck. If we count the number of times TC did exactly that and wound up smelling like a rose ...... At what point do we stop caling it luck and skilled knowledge comes into play? I'm a novice at one hole. Did have Ronnie Allen live in the house for a while in Vegas before he left for Tony Rila's. Still TC left us with a lot of questions and very few answers!

Lyn

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He is amazing. I played him in Sacramento when he was a teenager and Amar was the man! Tony was always a nice guy. Glad he's so good!:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Wish I had an answer. Hate to call it pure luck. If we count the number of times TC did exactly that and wound up smelling like a rose ...... At what point do we stop caling it luck and skilled knowledge comes into play? I'm a novice at one hole. Did have Ronnie Allen live in the house for a while in Vegas before he left for Tony Rila's. Still TC left us with a lot of questions and very few answers!

Lyn
I was thinking of Ronnie Allen all the way through that match....games evolve.
Ronnie cracked the game open by playing outrageous shots...and he got so good at
what used to be called 'sucker shots'...that serious players had to learn them.

Then Efren brought it to the next level....Tony, Dennis, and Alex are continuing this trend.

The biggest winners will be the spectators.....at a high level, one pocket is exciting.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was thinking of Ronnie Allen all the way through that match....games evolve.
Ronnie cracked the game open by playing outrageous shots...and he got so good at
what used to be called 'sucker shots'...that serious players had to learn them.

Then Efren brought it to the next level....Tony, Dennis, and Alex are continuing this trend.

The biggest winners will be the spectators.....at a high level, one pocket is exciting.

Thanks for mentioning Ronnie. He was the Master at finding shots in the pack. The best I ever saw shooting off angle combinations and could kick safe from anywhere on the table. I saw him kick out of dead traps a million times.

One more thing about Ronnie. He played better the higher the stakes and he thrived on pressure. He made more big shots under pressure than anyone else in his era. And believe me, guys like Ed Kelly, Jersey Red and Boston Shorty could play this game. Ronnie beat them all time and again until they gave up.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Lou,

I am weary of the negativity that follows you around.

Is it everyone else...or is it you?

Upon your return, I'll evaluate as to whether or not it needs to be a much longer break.
It's him.
And old age and diseases have not changed him.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
No shit. He had a lotta wrecks goin on on quite a few shots and when it didn't work out, he came up smelling like a rose.

For 4 days!

I'm still dazed and confused by what i saw, however, I do know that T got the belt & the cheese

Also, I'll sweat him at every opportunity going forward.....dude is dope

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
It's him.
And old age and diseases have not changed him.

Joey,

Quite honestly I'm not happy. Lou obviously had very strong opinions. He also made some excellent contributions to the forum. Every ban diminishes all of us. Hope Lou will be back soon. As Efren once said, "this is not life or death".

Lyn

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Joey,

Quite honestly I'm not happy. Lou obviously had very strong opinions. He also made some excellent contributions to the forum. Every ban diminishes all of us. Hope Lou will be back soon. As Efren once said, "this is not life or death".

Lyn

When are you arriving in Vegas?
Jason

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joey,

Lyn

My thoughts too Lyn. Seems like we agree on most things I notice.

Not saying he was right or wrong, but I always enjoy getting Lou's view.

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ken

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
When are you arriving in Vegas?
Jason

Jason,

Arrive in Vegas Tuesday morning. Should be at Griff's around 7 PM. Look forward to seeing you. Not a fan of rotation but with the field assembled, it should be quite interesting! Going to try meeting with Nick B as well.

Lyn