Is Schmidt's and charlie 626 Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I doubt if any of us are truly blocked. He very well may ignore those who ask the hard questions or debunk his nonsense...but I suspect it all gets read, logged, dissected and twisted.

Sent from the future.

You really think he has that kind of self control?

I am sure his blocked list is loooooog

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wait, 15 balls per rack? If you made 15 balls in the rack, there wouldn't be a break ball left. I always counted 14balls per rack myself.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It doesn't make sense to me either. From one break shot to the next break shot 15 ball must be pocketed.

If each rack of 14.1 only counted 14 balls, then each successive rack would decrease the total score by one ball.

Maniac
I know, it’s perplexing, but from one break shot to the next rack’s break shot is 14 balls - 13 of the 14 racked up balls plus the break ball makes 14. Certainly an honest assumption / mistake among anyone who is not a 14.1 player.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
i never knew racks were counted that way, but ok

It doesn't make sense to me either. From one break shot to the next break shot 15 ball must be pocketed.

If each rack of 14.1 only counted 14 balls, then each successive rack would decrease the total score by one ball.

Maniac

It’s called “fourteen and one” not “fifteen and zero”
:smile:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wait, 15 balls per rack? If you made 15 balls in the rack, there wouldn't be a break ball left. I always counted 14balls per rack myself.
Recently in 14.1 league I tried to move the break ball into position on my key ball (14th ball of the rack) and managed to pocket both balls. The score in that rack was 10-5 rather than 9-5.

The comments from some people in this thread point out the tragedy of innumeracy in modern America.:p People, the game is called 14.1 for a reason.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I figure it's legit, don't know why the BCA would get involved in the coverup. I have read a few odd things about the run, although, it's all second-hand information, so until something definitive is presented, I'll continue to think it's legit.

If the video never gets released I may change my mind.

Danny probably has some pretty good insight into the world of pool, so if he keeps going this direction I hope he lays some pretty solid evidence out for us.

The lack of evidence is his evidence,

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok after having several conversations with a few World Champions and top players that have actual run 100 balls and understand what it would take to make very high runs I will break it down for people, players, amateurs and even the nut huggers.
After the news got out that John posted he ran a 600+ run I personally reached out to his wife to congratulate him. It’s no secret than John and I have some history but as a person that knows the game and have run over 100 balls many hundred of times and over 300 once I can only imagine how difficult the variables must have been.
John is Not only a good player he is an exceptional player with incredible talent at the table but Johns ego and history by the way he has destroyed so much to gain advantages has certainly impeached him here.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To continue on this particular dead horse with a new sauce....

Everyone who plays 14.1 even a little quickly learns all the possible rack scores:

14-0 "Don't I get to play, too?"
13-1 "At least you didn't skunk me that time."
12-2 "I got my dozen."
11-3 "You need to step up the pace."
10-4 "... good buddy." (I can imagine all the puzzled looks from kids who have no idea what CB radio was -- it was a primitive smarty-phone -- or ever saw Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol.)
9-5 (play Dolly Parton on your smarty-phone Dolly Parton is a singer, kids, kind of like Beyoncé.)
8-6 "I got my half."
7-7 "Seven-Up"

The pattern in the above numbers is that each pair adds to 14. That is the total number of balls that can be pocketed out of 15 balls from the opening shot of the rack if you don't also pocket the break ball by stupidity and clumsiness along with the 14th ball.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure why you of all people would think the run wasn't legit. He spent months chasing it before breaking it. He had numerous 300 ball runs and several over 400 before breaking the record. I remember at one point he had a run of 490? which I watched most of on a live stream. He was left with a tough shot after the break and just missed. All he needed was for a couple things to go right with break shots.

In my opinion it was just a matter of time before he broke it with all the work he put in. Maybe you could break the record as well if you played straight pool non stop for 8+hours a day for several months. You can talk about it, but John actually did it.

I believe the video will be released to the public in the future. He has the right to do with the video as he wants to.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
The comments from some people in this thread point out the tragedy of innumeracy in modern America.:p People, the game is called 14.1 for a reason.

My comment was made under the influence of Tramadol (compressed L5 vertebrae w/sciatica), Pay no attention to anything I have to say for the next week or two. I'm high, but the pain has eased somewhat.

Maniac

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
He gets to see the quoted post....unless that poster is also blocked.
...its been mentioned on NPR before.

But DH could blur his eyes when he sees BB had been quoted.:)

Cuebuddy>>>naturally blurs his eyes on long shots.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... In my opinion it was just a matter of time before he broke it with all the work he put in. ...
Statistics says you are right. John was about 25% to run 100 balls starting from an open shot. If you run the numbers -- there's that innumeracy problem again -- he was odds on to run 527 for as many tries as he took. He was not odds on to run 626, which I'm certain he did, but sometimes people beat the odds.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To continue on this particular dead horse with a new sauce....

Everyone who plays 14.1 even a little quickly learns all the possible rack scores:

14-0 "Don't I get to play, too?"
13-1 "At least you didn't skunk me that time."
12-2 "I got my dozen."
11-3 "You need to step up the pace."
10-4 "... good buddy." (I can imagine all the puzzled looks from kids who have no idea what CB radio was -- it was a primitive smarty-phone -- or ever saw Broderick Crawford in Highway Patrol.)
9-5 (play Dolly Parton on your smarty-phone Dolly Parton is a singer, kids, kind of like Beyoncé.)
8-6 "I got my half."
7-7 "Seven-Up"

The pattern in the above numbers is that each pair adds to 14. That is the total number of balls that can be pocketed out of 15 balls from the opening shot of the rack if you don't also pocket the break ball by stupidity and clumsiness along with the 14th ball.

100-0 "Want to play some 9ball?"

Story of my childhood.

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Now to break down to answer Danny’s start of this thread and what’s important to know for history. First off As many top players like Danny , John and myself included a lot of us are a little high strung so emotions can run high and Danny has a every right as does anyone else to say what he feels.
Now after much time has gone by here is what I feel about all this.
As John has been just about the only pro to video himself playing 14.1 and it’s obvious so he can profit if possible and that’s his right. John released a video and he states as he has written that he hopes his run would help pool. I also have wanted it to help pool also but truth is if it has done anything at all it has only lined his and Charlie Williams pickets a little bit that’s all.
The question has been asked to me do I believe he ran over 600. My answer is yes I have believed it but as time has gone by I’m not so sure anymore. I don’t think the hardest thing would be to run 600 balls as I think it was much harder to make the pool table and conditions to such an advantage for it to happen. Table conditions are everything so here are a few questions that should be answered by people or players with common sense.

John live streamed his runs at this poolroom and bull shooters so why wasn’t there a live stream for his 600 ball run.
Why did he have to make every possible advantage to make it possible to attempt any runs. Gigantic pockets, Cushions with less response so balls don’t bobble at pockets, special ball rack, constant polishing of balls, a ball racker and so on. These are advantages that are not standard.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I guess my main man there won’t engage in rational conversation. If it’s not about the 626 being fake or a personal attack on him or whatever it just doesn’t matter.

But about the 100 over. It does seem a little sketch in some ways. But the mind is super funny. He could’ve gotten 100 over and had a thought way back in his brain like.. “this is enough, I beat it by 100!” And when faced with a tough shot he just kinda let fly.

I really feel that if “they” were gonna fake this they would’ve chosen an oddball # to beat it by. 73 probably, or 128. And they would’ve doctored a video BEFORE announcing the record was broken. They would’ve been F’n ready, instead of this confused scramble of elation, suspicion, and lost opportunity.

Then again...people are dumb. I once watched a murder show where this guy was supposed to stage a murder to look like a car accident. He put the dead body in the car and put a freaking brick on the gas pedal to have the car crash into a construction site, where it was supposed to light on fire (explode maybe??) and destroy all forensic evidence, and I guess incinerate the brick sitting on the gas pedal?

So it’s *possible* that this is all some kind of strange conspiracy. It’s also possible that scientology is real sh!t.

I agree with your well written response.
XENU approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.