The Legendary Pearl to Take On 14.1 Attempts

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Glen I got an idea for you. Why don't you set up your own little show and do it just the way you want it done, which will never happen! Then you won't have nothing to bitch about. Everybody else enjoyed the show, as far as I can tell your the only person who has a problem, Get over it! It don't have a damn thing to do with you!
Glen cant because he is BROKE as in BUSTED no money no CASH just all talk with a bunch of ideas but again he is flat BROKE. If he had money than he can run his own event but being BROKE all he can do is talk talk talk. He has no idea what the World Champions are making or not making for participating in the event. We have plenty Of Players that are scheduling to participate and many that will be playing for weeks at a time. Its not important that they break any sort of record as its important to help our sport and gain more interest in our sport succeeding and the players are extremely Happy with how they are getting treated.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Congratulations to Mr. Chamberlain in promoting the Legends Of Pocket Billiards. So far we have seen 3 Champions in the element of Championship D.C 14.1, anyone in their monkeys uncle can view the unedited footage. The bca/js/cw footage is open to the semi public - these people (who try n divide the public) are really a chimp' off the old sock.
But they still keep score like a monkey that hasn't learned how to add numbers yet, oh well, more bannas and back to the drawing board😉

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen cant because he is BROKE as in BUSTED no money no CASH just all talk with a bunch of ideas but again he is flat BROKE. If he had money than he can run his own event but being BROKE all he can do is talk talk talk. He has no idea what the World Champions are making or not making for participating in the event. We have plenty Of Players that are scheduling to participate and many that will be playing for weeks at a time. Its not important that they break any sort of record as its important to help our sport and gain more interest in our sport succeeding and the players are extremely Happy with how they are getting treated.
And I bet their nondisclosure agreement is signed and in your hands before they can play, right?🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You tried pulling the racist card hoping I'd get banned, didn't work, but nice try anyway😉

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
That was EXACTLY my point, and Bobby is the CIRCUS ACT owner, and this ao called HIGH RUN event is to entertain HIM, while everyone else gets to watch for "FREE" and should be GLAD to do so. NO mention of MONEY what-so-ever because that would actually PROVE my point about the competitors dancing like trained MONKEYS to the MUSIC Bobby plays, on the CIRCUS built pool table billed as having STOCK pockets, to keep the event honest, when CLEARLY they're NOT stock, and the players are scratching more because of that fact, all for the purpose of hopefully setting a new LEGITIMATE high run record, on an illegitimate GC3 9FT.

I'd have more respect for an event like this is the players paid a $1,000 entry fee, which would in turn give them 10 chances to run as many balls as possible, REWARDING the players a $1.00 per ball ran over 100, but less than 200, and a reset to their 10 chances each time they run over a 100 balls. If they run between 200-300 balls, they earn $2.00 a ball and again, 10 more chances. 300-400 balls, $3.00 a ball, and 400-500 balls gets $4.00 per ball. 500+ is $5.00 per ball up to 626 balls, then the player collects a new high run record bonus and will be required to quit with the high run title in hand!!! Until IT gets beat, then is eligible to compete again!!

Then there's a reason to come to the CIRCUS, and if you don't bring the skills with you, for a $1,000 you won't find them at the CIRCUS when you get there!!! And 7 days is the longest a player gets to compete, at least then the players have a chance to earn some money, have a reason to compete, and would provide the suspense of viewers watching the players as well as great entertainment!

But nope, the money is just a part of the magical mystery show for Bobby!

That is how you get people excited enough to want to play 14.1 in pool rooms around the world, because every pool room there is can be hosting an in house world 14.1 high run competition in which the top scoring players from all over the world get to play in the world 14.1 competition. Everyone has a year to make it into the highest 64 scores of the year, and now its world championship time, playing against all the other players. INSTEAD of buy your way in!!!
I don't get it? Why do you insist on making this a possible losing proposition for the players, and trying to exclude by demanding they bet? It's not like they're bringing in bums off the street, these are champion players they have featured, not some dingbat they picked up on the corner. So far they've brought us players that I think most people would be eager to see.

They're playing on a big pocket table, because that allegedly was what Mosconi played on, as well as JS. Nobody is going to run 626 on a Diamond, especially not one with tightned pockets. It's not a table made for straight pool, it's a table for banks or one pocket or (maybe) rotation games (tournaments on new cloth). The longer it's played on, the more random balls hang up and the more stingy it gets along the rails. I don't want players to have to ignore viable breakshots because the table isn't designed to take balls along the rails at speed, or banks short or whatever. I want to see a traditional table, that for all intents and purposes is as equal to the record table Mosconi or JS played on as possible or feasible.

You have your own ideas about what people should want, and I have mine. I think players want to see the best players that are available and willing go after the world record in conditions which are favourable. That's the suspense, that and watching how the players go about it. If that player has 1k dollars of his own or his backers money on the line makes exactly 0 difference to me. Why would it? If the player doesn't believe he has any shot at the record and is only there to run some balls and make a little bit of money from running a perfectly expected amount of balls, then that player clearly is there for the wrong reasons. Let's say a player comes there and runs enough balls after the short limit you set, that he feels he's made enough money and then just quits, without even coming close to the record, is that a good outcome to you? It seems that's the sort of thing you want to encourage? I don't want to see some guy phoning in half assed runs for a paycheck. I'd rather see someone who actually wants to break the record. If by the end, he figures something out and wants to play more, why would you want to put any sort of limit on that if the promoters and people want to see more? I simply don't get why players can't just go after this record without having to create all sorts of random limitations or fancy-schmancy reward systems that haven't been present for other record holders? These people have gambled on living on their pool skills and they stake some time (that could have been otherwise spent) on going for this record. That should be enough.

Last edited:

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I swing by AZB on/off mostly to buy/sell stuff, enjoy the freak show, & occasionally yank folks chains. Most of the grumpy old men circus is amusing & easy to ignore but its super annoying to see BS racism cards thrown around so casually. RKC may be a glue sniffing narcissist ace table mechanic, but nothing about his nonsense came off as racist, the twisting of his “trained monkey” term seems pretty intensional & ridiculous to me & IMO feeds the much larger, more serious problems in society.

Its depressing to me that a bunch of degenerate pool players can’t argue, cuss and call each other assholes - without someone whining & pushing “dangerous words” ideology. To me thats actually way worse than RKC’s sock poppet shenanigans.

I’m off to hunt for my own island now also. @Shuddy - got any extra room? I’ll bring the Soju. BTW, maybe your next YT vid can explore the 4 rail spin shot, you can call it the “trained cobra”.
Hahaha, no need to bring Soju. It’s $3 for 500ml at the convenience store. It basically flows like water here, but holy crap do you feel it the next day. There’s a reason the bbq joints use it to clean the hot plates 😂

Also, I tried reading his description of the 4 rail shot a couple of pages back, and honestly, I felt like it was Diamond Dave describing the shot. I had no idea what was happening. I wouldn’t even know where to set the balls up.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
147 players out up $750 each to play in the US Open 9B event, 8 leave with money in their pockets, think its the trophy they're after?

Guess you'll have to wait and see who shows up, or better yet, who DON'T show up😉

Pool players favorite question, "What's in it for me?" Answer that one with you get a chance to set a new high run record, and we all get to watch you do it!!
😅🤣😂

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hahaha, no need to bring Soju. It’s $3 for 500ml at the convenience store. It basically flows like water here, but holy crap do you feel it the next day. There’s a reason the bbq joints use it to clean the hot plates 😂

Also, I tried reading his description of the 4 rail shot a couple of pages back, and honestly, I felt like it was Diamond Dave describing the shot. I had no idea what was happening. I wouldn’t even know where to set the balls up.
Work on your comprehension skills, I clearly described it😉the illiterates are in the room across the hall, that's the class you're looking to attend😉

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
[/QUOTE]
As I described in the layout, shoot the cue ball with extreme 3 o'clock side spin in the direction of the side pocket on that side of the table, towards the foot rail. When the cue ball clears the frozen ball on the right, the cue ball hits the end rail, then reverses direction and banks off the end rail to the right side rail between the two balls, then the spin off that rail will send the cue ball back up to the head rail, again taking another spin turn into the left side rail, then come off that rail straight back down table diagonally back to the ball sitting in the corner pocket, making the ball. I made this shot on my first attempt after challenging Earl to bank the cue ball from the frozen position on the rail, hitting that rail first, then hitting 3 more rails. He though about it for a minute, then said go ahead, I want to see this!!!

And by the way, I made the shot on a Valley 8ft!
Sounds like a cool shot. Is there a video on line of anyone shooting it?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sounds like a cool shot. Is there a video on line of anyone shooting it?
[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's my own shot, and I've only shown it to a few people, but post it if you want to.

phreaticus

Hit the shot to hard, to soft, add a touch of top or bottom right spin, and you'll never complete the distance to pocket the ball in the corner pocket. Earl didn't make the shot, but said he liked it so much he'd figure it out when he went back home because he said it was the best demonstration of straight side spin he'd ever seen, and wanted to use this shot in his shows he does.
Hey Glen, sounds like a wild shot - I’d like to play around with it, as I’m sure many would. You did give a detailed description but I can’t quite understand it. Next time you’re near a table can you set the balls up and lay a cue on the table roughly pointing to the direction of aim, and snap a pic on your phone? Picture is worth a 1000 words and all that… Not yanking your chain. Thx

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Hey Glen, sounds like a wild shot - I’d like to play around with it, as I’m sure many would. You did give a detailed description but I can’t quite understand it. Next time you’re near a table can you set the balls up and lay a cue on the table roughly pointing to the direction of aim, and snap a pic on your phone? Picture is worth a 1000 words and all that… Not yanking your chain. Thx
You could just call me, 702-927-5689 I'm in a hell of a winter storm right now and I'm not going anywhere to soon.