Help Name the Pool Player

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know Greg S. But I agree with the other 3. :smile:
Rod.

Greg Sullivan is the promoter of the Derby City Classic! :smile:

Picture from Poolinaction.com of the 2010 one-handed one-pocket tournament. Even though he's a promoter and Diamond distributor today, he still likes to hit some balls on occasion! :cool:

Attachments

• 775573465_2nKTf-L[1].jpg
    775573465_2nKTf-L[1].jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 378

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
Jennie,I believe that pic was taken during the All-Star days,and many may not know it but that would put the date of that pic before Diamond started full production. Back then,Diamonds were only seen at pro tournaments not sponsored by Brunswick. I never saw one in public till mid-late 90's. Tommy D.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jennie,I believe that pic was taken during the All-Star days,and many may not know it but that would put the date of that pic before Diamond started full production. Back then,Diamonds were only seen at pro tournaments not sponsored by Brunswick. I never saw one in public till mid-late 90's. Tommy D.

I did not know that. That's a nice bit of pool trivia right there. Thanks for sharing! :smile:

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on Jenny, I think you're pulling our leg. I would say Keith knows all of these guys. Is this a quiz?

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Greg Sullivan is the promoter of the Derby City Classic! :smile:

Picture from Poolinaction.com of the 2010 one-handed one-pocket tournament. Even though he's a promoter and Diamond distributor today, he still likes to hit some balls on occasion! :cool:

Outta Town Brown really was outta town once....

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Picture #1

Jam-

As others have mentioned, #1is Greg Sullivan.

The first time I saw this picture was from bill Johnston (RIP ) and he had taken it back in the old Florida days.

I 'm thinking the 70's or early 80's.

Iirc-

Mark griffin

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Come on Jenny, I think you're pulling our leg. I would say Keith knows all of these guys. Is this a quiz?

Naw, no quiz. Keith was out yesterday, and I was cleaning house, throwing some stuff out that I know I should not keep. I came across a lot of photos on CDs, matches on DVDs, et cetera, and I was trying to identify them. I threw out a whole garbage bag full of pool stuff that I know we will never use. It was taking up four drawers in a chest. I really enjoyed seeing all the cool pool stuff once more, though. Memories. :cool:

I'm organizing my pool library now. I'm going to take a picture of it when I finish. I got a new book shelf to hold all my magazines, newsletters, and books, which will help find things readily when I need to for pool-related projects.

Gunzby, I remember Leil Gay having dark hair, too. I remember he told me he's part Native American -- well, actually he may be from a Native Canadian tribe, now that I think about it. I am a fan of Native American culture. My birth mother passed away recently, and I found a picture of our ancestors, Native Americans. It was really quite interesting to see. Some of them also had blond hair, but that's a topic for another thread on how that happened. :D

Saw, I hadn't seen "Outta Town Brown" in a long while. If that's the same guy, we all went to the track during the Glass City Open one year, and I hit a tri. While all others were studying the Racing Form, I picked the numbers based on my daughter's birthday and hit. It was funny. He's a really sweet person, and I like him. :smile:

Thanks, Dave, Scott, Paul, Miah, Phil, Kevin, and Stick for your kind replies! :cool:

Mark, thanks for giving me a direction on those photos. I'm going to peruse my print pool stuff and see if I can find this tournament, the player list for that event, et cetera.

I have more photos to identify, but I've received some recently from others that I'm trying to organize. I don't have very many of Keith from the old days. I've been fortunate that some kind souls have sent me some. As well, I give mine freely to anybody who asks.

I adore this picture, taken at the 1987 U.S. Open, with Keith, Jay, and Jim. :smile:

Attachments

• Keith_McCready,_Jay_Swanson_&_Jim_Rempe.jpg
    Keith_McCready,_Jay_Swanson_&_Jim_Rempe.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 319

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
You guys did pretty good here. I also think #2 is a very young Larry Hubbard. I'm not sure about #5 either. He kind of looks like a right handed Bob Williams. Who knows, maybe it's a reverse image? :cool:

sde

Silver Member
Pic number 2 sure looks like a player from Grand Rapid, MI named Blaine Sell. He was out playing in pro events during the time the picture was taken, based on hair style and cloths he is wearing.