Shaw/ Bergman- OFF

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
why I don't like tight practice tables

Now that is what I always thought 4.5" diamond pockets look like.
My last table had 4.25" pockets and I learned that the game changes a bit, where you might not be able to cheat the pocket to get position as much, so you play more conservative in position and rail amounts to get position.

I always thought the .25" would just improve my shot making, but what it also did was keep me from running correct routes because I didn't want to hang the ball.
Now, I am no Jayson Shaw, but I would believe he would not benefit for the missing .25" as Bergman would.

Seems like tight practice tables would be a good idea but unless you also spend a lot of time on the tables you compete or gamble on, the tight pockets will subtly change your game as you have found out. Your risk assessment, your pattern play, everything changes.

I practiced several hours a day on a snooker table for a couple years but then I gambled on bar tables and nine footers with generous pockets almost every night. That way I stayed in tune for all of the tables.

Hu

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a rarity. I said "most."

There are quite a few pro champion-caliber players who travel the international tournament trail and have no wife or girlfriend, and many who did have a wife and/or girlfriend -- not all -- many are now single.

There's a reason why, of course, and that is the distractions, which I will not illustrate in this thread. But those of us who have been to the big pool events have seen these distractions up front and close. In fact, some of these distractions seem to follow the tournament trail.

The only thing that seems sadder than the life of a struggling
pro pool player is that of the pool groupies.

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
This is so simple!

You don't blame Big Truck and you don't blame the owner of Steakhorse! They added 8k and tried to put money in your pocket!

You are only as good as your word!

You live and die by your word!

If you can't keep your word or have any chance of difficulty! A simple "thank you but no thank you"

WHAT WE GOT!

A "F" the fans and the world! They are not "$hit " and the promoters and opponent!

Based on his behavior and attitude! I would never use a product that sponsored him!

I have known big truck for years and the way he is trying to do him dirty after trying to put money in his pocket is just unacceptable!!!

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Berg gets my vote in this situation....offered to play on any table in their room.

The bridge is very important to any pool player...
...this is one that Shaw has burned

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
The Berg gets my vote in this situation....offered to play on any table in their room.

The bridge is very important to any pool player...

...this is one that Shaw has burned
Burn baby burn

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back to the Bergman and Corey match.

So 200-300 racks of barbox 8b. That's a lot to watch on a barbox(7ft diamond).

Both good guys, hard to root against either player.

that sounds pretty unbearable. the most boring game on the most ridiculous sized table. is bergman better than corey on that table size?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only thing that seems sadder than the life of a struggling
pro pool player is that of the pool groupies.

And anonymous trolls, most often banned members posting or scufflers, that post on pool forums, hiding their identity behind the shield of their computer monitors. :embarrassed2:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Meh. Shaw is an incomplete player. I mean.. His game is COMPLETELY based on shotmaking, which is why he is pretty much dead money in any game where thinking is required.

Which is why he wants absolutely no part of playing Justin Bergman on a tight table. Because he knows that he can't just shoot down his opponent in that sort of situation. And along that line of thinking, Bergman is smart enough to realize that Shaw will get antsy if he doesn't get many easy layouts in a row, and will be prime for Bergman to leave a few teaser sucker shots in a row for Shaw to shoot at..

Which Shaw WILL shoot at. He can't help himself.

Joshua Filler, on the other hand, shoots STRAIGHTER than Shaw, but looks to be developing as an overall player. Trying to get better at other games.. He gambled at DCC at Banks, barbox 8 ball, etc...

Sorry, but it's just my opinion that Shaw is way too one-dimensional as a player to be as arrogant as he is.

Ummm ok

1st place: 2018 DCC 14.1 challenge
2nd place: 2018 8ball classic
3rd place: 2018 DCC banks
12th place: 2018 DCC 1pocket
1st place: 2017 accustats 14.1 make it happen
1st place: 2017 accustats 8 ball make it happen
2nd place: 2018 carom room 1 pocket
3rd place: 2017 china world championships (Chinese 8ball)
3rd place: 2017 DCC 14.1 challenge
5th place: 2017 west coast challenge 1pocket
1st place: 2016 accustats 8ball make it happen
1st place: 2016 Deurne City banks
2nd place: 2016 DCC banks
4th place: 2016 DCC 1 pocket
5th place: 2016 American 14.1 championship
5th place: 2016 Deurne City 1 pocket
2nd place: 2015 DCC 14.1 challenge
9th place: 2015 World 14.1

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
that sounds pretty unbearable. the most boring game on the most ridiculous sized table. is bergman better than corey on that table size?
Everybody has a right to their own opinion on what games they like and don't like.I totally respect that, it would a very boring world if we all liked the same exact thing :smile:

7ft Diamond table 8 Ball with these make it take rules after the break is a great game to sweat imo

The smaller size table means more clusters and tied up balls after break.

Having to take the balls you make on the break makes it much more of a thinking out your patterns and strategic type of game than 9 or 10 Ball.

Oh, Great news guys, Double J Jeremy Jones, Hall of Fame player and the best commentator in the business will doing commentary breaking down the shots and strategies for this boring game :dance:

FYI, JJ will also be doing the commentary for tonight's big One Pocket match with Bustamante taking on Chohan.

51158818_2492786717418071_540865643902140416_o.jpg

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meh. Shaw is an incomplete player. I mean.. His game is COMPLETELY based on shotmaking, which is why he is pretty much dead money in any game where thinking is required.

Which is why he wants absolutely no part of playing Justin Bergman on a tight table. Because he knows that he can't just shoot down his opponent in that sort of situation. And along that line of thinking, Bergman is smart enough to realize that Shaw will get antsy if he doesn't get many easy layouts in a row, and will be prime for Bergman to leave a few teaser sucker shots in a row for Shaw to shoot at..

Which Shaw WILL shoot at. He can't help himself.

Joshua Filler, on the other hand, shoots STRAIGHTER than Shaw, but looks to be developing as an overall player. Trying to get better at other games.. He gambled at DCC at Banks, barbox 8 ball, etc...

Sorry, but it's just my opinion that Shaw is way too one-dimensional as a player to be as arrogant as he is.
I am guessing you have never actually watched Shaw play.

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do people actually think Jayson’s practice table isn’t already a “tight” table?

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Everybody has a right to their own opinion on what games they like and don't like.I totally respect that, it would a very boring world if we all liked the same exact thing :smile:

7ft Diamond table 8 Ball with these make it take rules after the break is a great game to sweat imo

The smaller size table means more clusters and tied up balls after break.

Having to take the balls you make on the break makes it much more of a thinking out your patterns and strategic type game of than 9 or 10 Ball.

Oh, Great news guys, Double J Jeremy Jones, Hall of Fame player and the best commentator in the business will doing commentary breaking down the shots and strategies for this boring game :dance:

(FYI, JJ will also be doing the commentary for tonight's big One Pocket match with Bustamante taking on Chohan. )

View attachment 511870

0C83C26B-D279-4C2D-89C0-4C003E5AEAAA.jpeg

:smile: