2023 World Pool Championship, Kielce, Poland

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's interesting at the end of each rack they show a quick succession (5 sec total) of the shots from the "prior" rack. I know they've showed the current rack for years. I wonder if this is a glitch, or for some technical reason they decided to show the prior rack.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
This is quite interesting. The German wikipedia has a lot more information than the USA wikipedia for pool. From that Sufli article linked above, I saw there was a link for the 2011 WC. That page has all the players, the bracket, the prize money, etc. On the USA site, there is no such equivalent I could find,
True. Unfortunately Wiki articles on some minor things (like pool) are written by enthusiasts. I recall one of them in English segment must have been AZB's own @JAM . Dunno if she's still in the business there, as she was complaining about editorial stuff is a pain in the arse at Wiki.

I've been using German version occasionally, when Google search does not bring anything else (or does bring wikipedia.de link as one of the top results).

Lately, I was saddened by the face that Wiki article on 2022 World Pool Championship does not provide a SE bracket (unlike previous events). With all the different brackets that are in use now we are likely to lose such info as time goes by. Especially with the fact that some of those bracket services are either hard to navigate/search or are simply very unfriendly to the user.

Reactions: JAM

Vahmurka

Silver Member
Since this is the first time you have seen him it would definitely be worth finding and watching one of his previous matches from this tournament, or any others from recent times.
FSR performance in the quarters vs Chang Jun Lin woudl be a nice starter. He just ran over the opponent. The more surprizing is such a contrast overnight.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
What time does it start today ?
It's been going for 3.75 hours already today and they are on the second match of the day now (Mario He vs FSR, current score is 8-6). After this match ends there will be a break and then the "evening" session starts again in about 2.75 hours at 12:30pm EST.

Vahmurka

Silver Member
mario needs to practice straightbacks.
Particularly off the rail. That last safety by FSR was good enough in terms of cue ball control, parked the whitey right where it belonged on that shot.

There is obvious swing of momentum. Mario might be in trouble from now on, as Sanchez Ruiz tasted blood and could see the finish line before his Austrian opponent.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
even though FSR has a solid winning record against mario, this is going to sting because of the lead he had and the similarities to the european open. rough.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
even though FSR has a solid winning record against mario, this is going to sting because of the lead he had and the similarities to the european open. rough.
From memory, Mario led 8-3 and lost 8-11, is that correct? And Ruiz had a great finish in the quarters as I recall.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was a fantastic game 17, when it was tied 8-8. A great series of safeties and escapes. Mario made jump shot after jump shot until he finally failed on the last one. All credit to Mario as he hung tough in the face of pressure from FSR, who wasn’t missing anything.

Francisco looked like the best player in the world the way he played in that comeback and eventual victory.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
The AZB article seems to infer that Ruiz is Italian??? Jeez.

"The final action of the day came from Nineball World No.1 Sanchez Ruiz against Chang Jung-Lin. Chang left Sanchez Ruiz breathless winning the opening three racks but the tides turned quickly as El Ferrari found his gears to accelerate away like an Italian stallion."

Francisco Sanchez Ruiz (ESP)