A Huge Thank You from CueSports International (CSI)!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to just say one thing in general.

Despite my difference of opinion with CSI on how this thing was handled and addressed here, I do believe that CSI, and Mark Griffin in particular, are the good guys who, if not at least deserving of the benefit of the doubt, a modicum of respect. Their heart is in the right place, they are passionate about pool (perhaps too much so), and trying and succeeding at putting on big events and furthering this sport.

People here are far too quick to assign dark, black-hearted motivations to any decision they disagree with.

Know who you are shooting at and why, before you pull the trigger.

Lou Figueroa

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Dumb. The challenge matches were part of an overall stream package. scheduling on top of them could affect sales of the overall package and make it harded to get back some of the added money. Then the guy that takes money from your pocket wants to play in your tourny. you just seem to be blinded by some type of hate for CSI or Ozzy. Maybe because your bff is a disgruntled former employee?

Name Shoreboy. 29 posts in three years. Jumps right in this thread. Knows I am friends with Cleary and left CSI. Calls me disgruntled because I say strong arming players with points given to you by an outside entity is some low shit.

Who do I know from the shore....ohhh somewhere like Virginia maybe that could have an interest in this topic? Someone in this thread is spreading shit for a BFF and its not Cleary.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Dumb. The challenge matches were part of an overall stream package. scheduling on top of them could affect sales of the overall package and make it harded to get back some of the added money. Then the guy that takes money from your pocket wants to play in your tourny. you just seem to be blinded by some type of hate for CSI or Ozzy. Maybe because your bff is a disgruntled former employee?

For real.
you-are-so-dumb-fo-real-o.gif

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
So shoreboy joined in April 2012, has 29 posts with the majority of them in this thread.

Hmmmmmm

Well, to be fair he also has a few previous posts about the Action Pool Tour and Lambros cues. Anyone know what tour Ozzy used to run and what kind of cue he has?

giphy.gif

shoreboy

Banned
Oh I didnt know that you couldnt comment if you knew the person. my fault

make another one of those animated pictures so everyone thinks your cool and you dont have to answer anything. what a clown.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Sky's backers." Wasn't there some others recent match where Sky's backers were somehow involved, or wanted something. Poor kid. He needs to get rid of backers and be his own man.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Oh I didnt know that you couldnt comment if you knew the person. my fault

make another one of those animated pictures so everyone thinks your cool and you dont have to answer anything. what a clown.

Shoreboy = CSI - Ozzy = manfromoz

Isn't there some sort of rule about multiple usernames? hmmm

Farhan

RSPECT
I think it took a lot of balls for Ozzy to come in here and be brutally honest about their decision. I respect that.

Unfortunate situation altogether but the organizers of the fight matches ought to have known about the CSI tourney and planned to avoid the scheduling conflict. Sad it had to come to this.

Can the pros not organize themselves into some semblance of a players' union or has this been tried and I'm way behind on my history?

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
I believe it's important to note that having an honest disagreement is one thing. Hurling unwarranted insults is another. In particular, making comparison between CSI and CW's operation/history is below the belt, IMO.

Lou Figueroa

I can see your point of view.
But we can agree to disagree.

Way i see it, bullying a player is a gateway drug.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
So I took a look at our new friends post history:

2012 he posts a Lambros for sale. First appearance on AZ. Only other post that year is to bump a thread about the action pool tour (Started by username manfromoz. Thats Ozzy before CSI-Ozzy was around): "Bump for a fantastic tour!"

Whats really interesting is the cue that Shoreboy is selling:

Shore.jpg

Looks a lot like the one manfromoz tried to sell four months earlier. One of the pictures is actually the same:

View attachment 393274

EDIT: I got that backwards. Seems Shoreboy tried to sell the cue first in April 2012 and manfromoz posted it on ebay in December 2012. So many accounts here I got confused. Point still stands.

2014 he jumps in a thread about CSI challenge match Ko vs SVB (Started by username CSI-Ozzy) where he dropped this gem:

View attachment 393275

Only other posts that year are to start a thread about why a New York 10 ball event only got 17 players. Does not post again for one year almost exactly.

2015 he jumps in the CSI thread announcing the US Open 8 ball and 10 Ball (Started by username CSI-Ozzy). When someone says these events should just be called the USBTC II because they are the same events our friend Shoreboy shows up to prove them wrong. Even goes to the trouble to create this visual aid:

attachment.php

Only other thread our hero has posted in is this one. (Started by username CSI-Ozzy)

So by my rough count our new friend posts in six threads: Four of those started by Ozzy under either his CSI or APT accounts and two threads Shoreboy started. One of those to sell a cue that belonged to manfromoz (Ozzy) and one to ask about an east coast tournament.

This leads me to believe I was called disgruntled by the third string account of a guy who is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is.

Animated picture:

f5657ea6e8a5225a9c0c692817d5bf5c-micdrop07.gif

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Shoreboy = CSI - Ozzy = manfromoz

Isn't there some sort of rule about multiple usernames? hmmm

I guess there is no rule, I guess it's alright for me to have 3 also. Ban all three of his names. Johnnyt

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I took a look at our new friends post history:

2012 he posts a Lambros for sale. First appearance on AZ. Only other post that year is to bump a thread about the action pool tour (Started by username manfromoz. Thats Ozzy before CSI-Ozzy was around): "Bump for a fantastic tour!"

Whats really interesting is the cue that Shoreboy is selling:

View attachment 393273

Looks a lot like the one manfromoz tried to sell four months earlier. One of the pictures is actually the same:

View attachment 393274

2014 he jumps in a thread about CSI challenge match Ko vs SVB (Started by username CSI-Ozzy) where he dropped this gem:

View attachment 393275

Only other posts that year are to start a thread about why a New York 10 ball event only got 17 players. Does not post again for one year almost exactly.

2015 he jumps in the CSI thread announcing the US Open 8 ball and 10 Ball (Started by username CSI-Ozzy). When someone says these events should just be called the USBTC II because they are the same events our friend Shoreboy shows up to prove them wrong. Even goes to the trouble to create this visual aid:

Only other thread our hero has posted in is this one. (Started by username CSI-Ozzy)

So by my rough count our new friend posts in six threads: Four of those started by Ozzy under either his CSI or APT accounts and two threads Shoreboy started. One of those to sell a cue that belonged to manfromoz (Ozzy) and one to ask about an east coast tournament.

This leads me to believe I was called disgruntled by the third string account of a guy who is nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is.

royale-with-cheese.jpg

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it took a lot of balls for Ozzy to come in here and be brutally honest about their decision. I respect that.

Unfortunate situation altogether but the organizers of the fight matches ought to have known about the CSI tourney and planned to avoid the scheduling conflict. Sad it had to come to this.

Can the pros not organize themselves into some semblance of a players' union or has this been tried and I'm way behind on my history?

Define "brutally honest"

Is that where you take honesty and just brutalize it?