A VERY SAD DAY - RIP Bill Stroud

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I am saddened to my roots with Bill Stroud’s passing.
I have known Bill for almost 50 years and counted him as one of my best friends. Ever.
Thousands of hours together, either on the phone or in person.
Our genre has lost one of its greatest contributors. A giant.
Bill, may you rest in gentle peace forever.

Will Prout

Last edited:

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
R.I.P Mr Stroud

Thank you for your contributions to the pool world Mr Stroud. I had the pleasure of competing against Bill in the Colorado Springs Men's Pool League in the 70-80's. He played out of the Sportmans Lounge if I recall correctly. I won a gift certificate he donated to the league and I added a few $$ to it and he created me my only custom cue which I still have today and I cherish it. Mr Stroud you will be missed by many! My condolences to his family and friends.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Very, very sad news. I was hoping he would pull through this latest bout.
Thank you and God Speed, Bill.
My condolences to his loved ones.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RIP BILL STROUD. Remember the days of john wright showing me pictures of joss west cues for sale. He is a legend for sure. Will be missed.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I found a picture of Bill and I at the 2012 US One Pocket Open.

I had organized a dinner for the one pocket.org guys and we ended up with a pretty good crowd. I'm not sure what Bill is telling me in this photo but judging from my expression it must have been a whopper, lol.

RIP, Bill.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_0824.jpg
    IMG_0824.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 466

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bill spent four years here in Tulsa. Made some of the finest cues ever in that shop. At one time there were probably more players here with JW's than anywhere on Earth. RIP sir.

Ratamon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very sad to hear this :cry::cry::cry:. Joss Wests made by Billy are the best playing cues I've ever had. It's because Billy was not just a talented cue maker but an excellent player, too!

He was also a fine commentator - check out this match from 1991 Legends of One Pocket (held in Columbia, SC) - https://store.accu-stats.com/stee-cook-vs-bill-stephen-dvd/ (There is a mistake in the description which says it's Weenie Beenie and Jeff Carter commentating).

Rest in peace Billy

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I only met Bill a few times, but pool has lost yet another of its best ambassadors and that's sad to note.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tap tap tap.....

For a life well lived.

Rest In Peace.

My sincere condolences to all of his friends and family.

I will surely have an extra dose of thankfulness each time I play with
My JW.... and each cue, and every friend will stand as a testament of
The man.

Td

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Rest in Peace...I'll never forget "the one that got away"...I walked into a pool room in Columbus, GA back in the '80s and saw a beautiful JossWest with four shafts...it was for sale for $400. I had $250 in my pocket, the room owner wouldn't take a check. I ran to Ft. Benning PX and cashed the max ($150) and beat feet back, only to find it sold. :frown:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I found a picture of Bill and I at the 2012 US One Pocket Open.

I had organized a dinner for the one pocket.org guys and we ended up with a pretty good crowd. I'm not sure what Bill is telling me in this photo but judging from my expression it must have been a whopper, lol.

RIP, Bill.

Lou Figueroa

Priceless memory frozen in a moment of time...

RIP Bill Stroud