Against the vulgarity and filthy language

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
He has to be talking about post #433 in the Action Room Update thread

Talking about the amount of time a match will take and making 1 cent per hour cause it takes so long, and she will still make/have more money than most pool players.

What is wrong with that?????

The world has lost its mind
Jason

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me no like either!

It is every where, f bombs and other poor taste language shows up every where in our world.

The movies and much music promotes it and parents allow children to listen to it and kids often learn language from their parents.

Good old Joe Biden said it to Obama on a hot mic and they both laughed, so evidently that is how they talk behind closed doors.

I try to avoid those that talk like that and I try to use decent language all of the time, no matter who is around.

What is in our heart will eventually be spewed out by our tongue and that is and always has been an undeniable truth.

The sad truth is, many in our society approve and encourage such language.

I remember many years ago my 6' 6" hockey playing nephew dropped the f bomb in front of my brother, his wife and my wife. I told him he needed to apologize to his aunt and if he did it again I would hit him with a 2x4.

He said he was sorry and looked embarrassed. My wife and I were the only ones bothered by it. He died young and had run ins with the law.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL...my sense of humor must be completely gone but I really hope this thread is not because of that post. I might leave AZ for good if so :thud:

There is much, much worse in NPR without even using bad language. As someone who frequented rec.sport.billiard and saw Fast Larry and others spew homophobic insults and christian crap in the same sentence, I found that post to be immature and somewhat vulgar, yes. But not enough to get publicly aroused about it. Any time I ever tried to use bad language here, it was automatically censured.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talking about the amount of time a match will take and making 1 cent per hour cause it takes so long, and she will still make/have more money than most pool players.

What is wrong with that?????

The world has lost its mind
Jason

$1000.00 in 2.5 hrs = $400 per hour-That's my problem with that post.

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I may be crazy, but didn’t you post something about wanting to stick your junk in a meat grinder rather than watch that set? Perhaps that post was removed and that is why the post number is off. Not sure, I like cursing.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I may be crazy, but didn’t you post something about wanting to stick your junk in a meat grinder rather than watch that set? Perhaps that post was removed and that is why the post number is off. Not sure, I like cursing.

Possibly.....

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I only went as far as #433 so I may have missed that one! LOL:D

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Back on topic, have to agree with Dean.

Better to educate a junior or moron on this board with sagacity and erudition, rather than vulgar language.

Also agree with the one who cited today's rap culture, associated with the problem, as it is.

To sum up, this isn't the Rolex forum, is it? Try to get along, and make witty, but not vulgar posts.

All the best, for wit, rather than cuss words.

This morning's traffic, my car ran on cuss words. Didn't need any gas...

WW

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You didnt think she'd make 85% of them-maybe more..Neither did I.
I bet she made way more than 85% she made 24 in a row two different times and 17 in a row at the end lol

That is some sporty one handed spot shooting.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whats wrong with that is nothing Jason

It was your fithy language referring to things that should not be mentioned

you seem to have edited by now

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
WTF! :thumbup:
Just kidding folks. I know that bad language is frowned on in this forum so I'm very careful about using it and if need be I block out a letter or two to diffuse the word. What's far worse here is when someone begins to denigrate and belittle someone else whose opinion they disagree with. That happens far more often here and it should be moderated when it does.

If you ever saw the movie Pool Hall Junkies every other word was the F word. I can remember when 'Louie, Louie' was a hit record and many stations wouldn't play it because they said, "He got her way down low." How times have changed! Now anything goes and vulgarity is part of our everyday life. Again what's far worse is the gratuitous violence we see on a daily basis in the news, in movies and on TV. Probably half of what passes for entertainment today consists of people shooting other people.

I would never allow rap music on my juke box in my poolroom. PERIOD!
And I wouldn't let my vendor install violent video games either. I don't care to be part of the problem. I'm still such a prude that I don't like to see rude behavior in public. If someone gets out of line around me (not necessarily toward me either) I will say something to shut them down. I know I'm taking a chance on having them turn on me, but I just won't put up with it. I learned long ago that speaking the truth has power!

FYI one of the toughest guys I ever knew around the poolroom was Danny Diliberto. Believe me he could knock you out with one punch and he did it on several occasions when someone acted aggressively toward him. Danny is not a big guy either. He fought welterweight when he boxed. But you may not know that Danny NEVER cusses. I've never heard him say a swear word and I've known him over fifty years!

As for me, I will cuss if it's the right time and place to give emphasis to something I need heard. Like in an argument, there may be a time when a cuss word conveys better how you feel. I've done it and will probably do it again and make no excuses for that. Otherwise I'm meek as a lamb. :)

Last edited: