Billy Incardona - Short Rant

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
I suspect the problem is a lot of people on this forum aren't really pool players and would crap their pants if they walked into some of the pool halls Incardona, Diliberto or any real pool player has been in.

Pool ain't tennis.

I love it when people take pride in pointing out the difference between pool and other sports such as tennis or golf.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATP Career Prize Money Leaders (US$)
Prior to French Open 2014

1 Federer, Roger $81,245,913
2 Nadal, Rafael $68,240,345
3 Djokovic, Novak $61,215,267
4 Sampras, Pete $43,280,489
5 Agassi, Andre $31,152,975
6 Murray, Andy $30,968,220
7 Becker, Boris $25,080,956
8 Kafelnikov, Yevgeny $23,883,797
9 Ferrer, David $22,975,724
10 Lendl, Ivan $21,262,417
11 Roddick, Andy $20,637,390
12 Edberg, Stefan $20,630,941
13 Hewitt, Lleyton $20,133,139
14 Ivanisevic, Goran $19,878,007
15 Chang, Michael $19,145,632
16 Berdych, Tomas $17,783,298
17 Davydenko, Nikolay $16,153,783
18 Del Potro, Juan Martin $15,345,947
19 Kuerten, Gustavo $14,807,000
20 Bjorkman, Jonas $14,610,671

----------------------------------------------------------

nope...pool definitely ain't tennis...and what a shame.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I enjoyed visiting with you Mr. P;)

LOL. Yes, enjoyed sweating a few matches with you, Billy. You are always fun to chat with and I enjoy your company. There are only a few that have seen more top flight pool played than me, but guys like you and Jay Helfert remind me just how much of it I've missed. See you again soon.

Best regards, Stu

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Danny D is such an interesting guy. For a long while he was down here in South Florida and was always in the pool room. A friend of mine we call Coach is good friends with Danny and he told me something about Diliberto that was fascinating. Danny has an incredible amount of road stories and yet whenever he is with a group but Coach is there, Danny will start telling a story but if hes told Coach it before...he always says...Well this one time ...<aside to Coach...ive told you this one before, but im gonna tell it again> <then the road story>. Coach always said it was amazing because he was constantly telling him new war stories all the time but always knew if he had told him one before. At least when he was down here, he may be up there in years but his mind was very sharp.

In a Danny D manner im gonna preface this to AZ by saying ive told this to yall before..but what the hell. One time Danny was in hollywood billiards and he was telling his war stories. A crowd was around him and he was talking about boxing. I think someone in the group asked him about his current ability and he immediately put up his fists and proceeded to fire off 3 or 4 air punches, really close to this guys face I might add. It was like one of those asian kung fu movies where you hear woosh and phooom with each punch. I can only imagine how quick he could have been when he was 28.
Danny has always been the wittiest guy in our family (pool world) however, I can only speak for the last 53 years, before then I wouldn't know. At the age of 78 his wit is still there and he's as cool a guy as you would want to meet and talk to. He remembers every thing and with his "dry humor" you can't help but to stare with eyes wide open and ask if he has any more stories.:yes: I always look forward to seeing Danny because of not only his wit and stories, but also his honesty and friendship are a treasure that leaves me feeling as comfortable as you can feel with someone. Danny is my closest and oldest friend left in my 'pool world' and still a tough son of a b--ch..that you can bet on.:smile-square::yeah: His commentary is still very good, especially if you know where to find the treasures of "golden nuggets" that he speaks of during his commentary. Yes their there, and if you listen carefully you can't help but to learn something that you never knew before, and at the same time be entertained with more than one of his many stories which only he can tell.:thumbup:

Bill Incardona

Last edited:
Danny has always been the wittiest guy in our family (pool world) however, I can only speak for the last 53 years, before then I wouldn't know.

Bill Incardona

Mr. Incardona,

How much of your hard-earned money do you spend on AccuStats DVD's? None? As far as Danny D. commentating on matches for AccuStats I would say this; He's over-the-hill and riding down the other side. Examples are numerous to those of us that pay for PPV of the Tunica or DCC events or buy the DVD's. We are the people that pay DD's salary after all.

DD is whacked.

P.S. If you don't spend your money on matches featuring DD's commentary then why respond? Of course, a few will anyway.

ONB

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ONB,

Your response regarding diliberto's commentary, and incardona's opinion of diliberto's commentary is whacked.

-Lou

Last edited:

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Incardona,

How much of your hard-earned money do you spend on AccuStats DVD's? None? As far as Danny D. commentating on matches for AccuStats I would say this; He's over-the-hill and riding down the other side. Examples are numerous to those of us that pay for PPV of the Tunica or DCC events or buy the DVD's. We are the people that pay DD's salary after all.

DD is whacked.

P.S. If you don't spend your money on matches featuring DD's commentary then why respond? Of course, a few will anyway.

ONB

I buy all the Derby sets for one pocket, banks, and 14.1. I have thousands of purchased DVDs from Accustats. I have given money for 3 Make it Happen Accustats events. If Danny Diliberto was not commentating I would not get that many. Your assessment is your own opinion. Billy is included there too.
Danny has more knowledge of pool and pool history than most humans alive today.
Certainly he is the master at reading a rack and pattern running. How balls react to collision and English.
When he and Billy converse there is enormous amounts of intelligence.
All the money one spends on DVDs cannot compare with the wealth he shares.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
At first reading I thought this wasn't an appropriate comment....But after listening to his explanation I see it a little different...
The brothers have the same hair color and style...They look alike..They both had the same color shirts on...One is Pin , the other Ping...I can see while commentating on match getting confused with Ping and Pin and finally saying oh heck, Ping Pong...Not out of disrespect but trying to be funny because you keep confusing the names...So I really don't think this is a racist comment but just being funny out of frustration and trying to be funny..
Just the way I see it...

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first reading I thought this wasn't an appropriate comment....But after listening to his explanation I see it a little different...
The brothers have the same hair color and style...They look alike..They both had the same color shirts on...One is Pin , the other Ping...I can see while commentating on match getting confused with Ping and Pin and finally saying oh heck, Ping Pong...Not out of disrespect but trying to be funny because you keep confusing the names...So I really don't think this is a racist comment but just being funny out of frustration and trying to be funny..
Just the way I see it...

Actually, the "Pin" in their name is exactly the same. The only difference in their name is "Yi" and "Chung." I get where you are coming from. I am Taiwanese, but don't find this racist at all and don't really see any bad intentions. I can understand why some would be semi-offended, or annoyed at the fact that this was said during a "professional commentary."

wincardona

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Incardona,

DD is whacked.

ONB
Sir, I don't know who you are but I do know that you have made several accusations that were not true, one in particular when you said that the only reason I called Pin Yi Ping was because he was an Asian.:rolleyes: Really, so you're a mind reader along with the many other things you seem to want to impress on people. For your information I happen to have done commentary with Danny on literally 100's of matches and am very familiar with his commentary and his intellect. Like I said, Danny is still as witty as any one I know and his knowledge of all pool games are to be admired by all who understand and appreciate the game we love. You have been very persistent in getting your point across regarding not only the "Ping" issue, but also other issues in devaluing the commentators that are trying to do a job that not many at all qualify for. Maybe it's time to ..give it a break.

Respectfully,
Bill Incardona

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy all the Derby sets for one pocket, banks, and 14.1. I have thousands of purchased DVDs from Accustats. I have given money for 3 Make it Happen Accustats events. If Danny Diliberto was not commentating I would not get that many. Your assessment is your own opinion. Billy is included there too.
Danny has more knowledge of pool and pool history than most humans alive today.
Certainly he is the master at reading a rack and pattern running. How balls react to collision and English.
When he and Billy converse there is enormous amounts of intelligence.
All the money one spends on DVDs cannot compare with the wealth he shares.

My feelings exactly. Well said. :smile:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mr. Incardona,

DD is whacked.

ONB

WOW is all I have to say. One of the most mean spirited posts I've ever seen on AZ! Danny is one of my oldest and dearest friends in the world and a better friend you could not find. He has been there for me as a mentor and even a back-up once or twice.

Like Billy said, his wealth of pool knowledge is second to none. I've also worked quite a few matches with Danny and I always seem to learn something during the course of the match. Sitting next to him is one of my favorite places to be. :smile:

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this person old nine baller is the guy that never gets any attention..he knows this is his only shot at getting any...billy,as i said before dont explain anything to this ahole..he would NEVER have the balls to say anything like this in person anywhere..his 15 minutes are up and hes just trying to hold on btw did i mention he has no friends?

perspicaz

o-^-*-^-o
Silver Member
Incardona and Diliberto are my favorite commentators. They have tremendous knowledge and share a special chemistry. I am not sure if they are politically correct every time, but I don't really care.
I have also seen some videos of DD classes on straight pool and he seems to be a really good teacher too (as Incardona).
They add tremendous value to any pool stream/video. So do most commentators that do it seriously and knowledgeably, like Helfert, Ken Shuman, Cotton, Wych, Flemming, JJ, Frost, etc. We all have preferences, but you have to respect the effort all these guys put in.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Guys,

Have no problem with Danny D's faux pas. Locally, we had two excellent players. Both Laotian. Because of their long Sir and Given names, players began to call them by their nicknames. One was Jockey. The other Kito. For years I confused the two and began to call them both Jockito. Finally asked them if I was insulting them in any way. Each said the confusion was understandable. Just don't call them late for a match!!!! Bet Pin and Ping feel the same way.

Incidentally, Ping Pang Pong is one of my favorite Vegas Chinese restaurants.

Lyn

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Billy I. has a sterling rep & resume about as long as Walt Frazier's leg.

Billy made a faux pas and came on here to not only apologize if anyone was offended, but to also explain what exactly happened.

There are a couple of detractors, and one in particular, who will not, and apparently can not, be satisfied with Billy's explanation.

He explained, clarified, and re-explained.

He owes nothing else.

best,
brian kc <--- wading thru the field full of dead horses :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: