BREAKING NEWS: 8/28 Wed 9am, Archer on Today Show with Brooke Shields and Al Roker

upindaklub

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's NOT said is often just as, or more, important than what is said.

If BB is not mentioned, well...draw your own conclusions.

J

Could be an announcement by Archer that he and the ABP have acquired Bonus Ball and they will complete season one & all players will be fairly paid due to the fine new sponsorship from xyx corp. Furthermore, Dragon Promotions will oversee all promotion/production of season two and going forward.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Could be an announcement by Archer that he and the ABP have acquired Bonus Ball and they will complete season one & all players will be fairly paid due to the fine new sponsorship from xyx corp. Furthermore, Dragon Promotions will oversee all promotion/production of season two and going forward.

and here yáll go. gear up....

I TOLD YOU SO
I TOLD YOU SO
I TOLD YOU
TOLD YOU
TOLD YOU SO!

dance.

Justin, please walk down the street & stream me - in my new AZB tshirt, braless!

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

That would certainly be interesting. Silence would be as well.

Time will tell.

J

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Be interesting to see what johnny picks for shots. Frozen-ball trick shots of course for the celebs.

But for himself, if it must be the greatest shot ever, I kind of hope he doesn't chicken out and do
a wired trick shot any 10 year old could execute on the first try.
I hope he actually tries something from a game. Something that takes skill, experience, and practice.

The efren Z-shot would be a great choice - even among purists it's frequently mentioned as possibly
the greatest shot in pool. And while it isn't wired, it does have a little margin for error if you set up
the object ball just the right distance from the rail. You might make it rail first instead of ball first.

Still enough randomness that he better practice a few hours before he gets on camera.

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hes gonna jump a ball over Brookes legs.......... As exciting as the Al capones tomb......all hype

Hatch was helping him at Steinways this weekend

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Well this is exciting news and I wonder if this is what Johnny hinted to the other day? This will be great exposure for the Mosconi Cup if this is what they are doing it for. Good Luck Johnny on the "greatest shot" attempt. :)

Reactions: JAM

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Yeah but, JA clearly states he only gets one shot and he has to make it.

So what shot will be the right one that will make the most impact???

A bank shot? I think not.

A combination? I think not.

A trick shot IMO - as against our AZB collective soul it may be - is worthy of consideration. THOUGHTS my fellow furry friends???

He must make the shot.

Making a VERY DIFFICULT SHOT might please some of us but I think he needs to stick with a JUMP SHOT (which he is VERY GOOD AT) COMBINED with either a Carom or a Combination. Johnny can wince that he doesn't have a shot and that he is in a difficult situation since he must hit such and such ball first and that he thinks he MIGHT be able to make such and such ball.

The other one that I think looks pretty cool is the 8 ball close to the corner pocket but frozen and impeded by an object ball closer to the pocket than the eight. It's not a super difficult shot and since people know 8 ball, that might be a good one to do.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'm fascinated by this challenge. They are asking for the toughest shot ever made on TV. You have to choose a happy medium as you only have one shot. What the heck shot do you choose???

I will be tuning in for sure.

For a spoof ON EVERYONE ON THE SET, Johnny should bring one of those weighted 8 balls that act like they have Mercury inside of them, freeze the 8 ball to the side rail and cut the 8 ball in the side pocket. :D:D:D

JoeyA

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He should maybe do the Corey draw shot, But they'd have to set up an overhead camera and show it back in slow motion to the crowd for them to fully appreciate it.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
For a spoof ON EVERYONE ON THE SET, Johnny should bring one of those weighted 8 balls that act like they have Mercury inside of them, freeze the 8 ball to the side rail and cut the 8 ball in the side pocket. :D:D:D

JoeyA

I think that's a seriously good idea to break the ice and get some yuks!

He could slip it on Brooke Shields for her shot as an option.

I hope Johnny is reading this and considers it.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
He should maybe do the Corey draw shot, But they'd have to set up an overhead camera and show it back in slow motion to the crowd for them to fully appreciate it.

That's not a bad idea. He could ratchet it up by making a ball with tons of draw and have the CB make a second ball, a hanger.

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's not a bad idea. He could ratchet it up by making a ball with tons of draw and have the CB make a second ball, a hanger.

That may make it look more like a trick shot. With Corey's shot he can tell a story about the shot being made by another person (adds humility since it wasn't his shot). Add to the story about the only way to get position, etc.

Also, it has to be a shot he can make 8 out of 10 times, so if something does happen, he can maybe try it again and most likely make it.

To me, that eliminates the Efren Z-bank. JA states they want an extremely difficult shot. So in my mind, it has to LOOK difficult and amazing, but not necessarily BE difficult. 2 completely different things that the Today Show audience would not be able to tell the difference.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Well since this is always a topic for the Emmys, Grammys, and other award shows, what will Johnny be wearing?

Will he wear the old school traditional black and white tuxedo or the recently retired Bonus Ball Scorpion Jersey or attempt to attract the younger crowd with pants falling off and a baggie white t-shirt? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
They should have a surprise guest, and then Earl walks on and does some of his Trick Shots.

And then JA and the Pearl can discuss the Mosconi Cup.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
The shot: I would take the opportunity to show how pool players use cue ball spin (don't call in english...no one knows what that means) to get in position for the next shot.

Set up a fairly simple shot on the one-ball with the two-ball at the other end of the table. Shoot once like an amateur (center ball) and show how it's now impossible/difficult to make the next shot.

Shoot again with high, inside english and leave the CB in perfect position.

You can conclude by saying "Pool may look easy when you watch the pros play, but it's actually a very challenging game that takes a lot of practice."

You can ask the producer how much time you'll have to set-up and make the shot. Probably 30-35 seconds. Success here is just like anywhere: practice the shots (amateur and pro versions) and the explanations until you've condensed it down to 30 seconds. Like memorizing a script.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jumping over Brooks legs to make both balls caromed into the corners for the win.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"For most men this would be the most difficult shot ever made as Brook's legs are clearly a distraction but for me I have a beautiful wife and I will make the most difficult shot ever made on television here we go..."