Cliff Joyner

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony Chohan just posted that Cliff had a stroke about a half hour ago, really hope he pulls through. One of the mainstays of the game for sure. Thoughts are definitely with him right now

Attachments

• TRex.png
    TRex.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,915

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the news.
Damn, I hope he gets through this easily, quickly and completely!
I just saw Cliff at the Shooters Olathe tournament a couple of weeks ago.
He was playing as good as I have seen him play in quite a while
Cliff will be in my thoughts.

Will Prout

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an update. From what Tony posted, he has been admitted at LSU's hospital and went immediately to Neurosurgery. He was with it enough to ask Tony if he won his match, but was definitely in rough shape. Thoughts are out there for him.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prayers

Prayers go out to Cliff Joyner. I remember when I first got back into Pool I saw him in one of the Pool mags. A few weeks later I am in a Pool Room in Garfield Hts. Ohio and in walks Cliff Joyner. That made my day seeing a player like that in a local room.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, no. Praying for Cliff Joyner, a one-pocket phenom, a quiet and humble guy. I pray he is back to full strength soon.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best wishes for a complete and speedy recovery Cliff! :thumbup: I think Cliff's probably been at every major pool tournament for the last 40 years! Certainly a legendary player...for several reasons! Hope you pull through Cliff!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony posted 3 hours ago on Facebook:

"Cliff is going to LSU for neurosurgery I wish you the best I went to see him and it did not look good but he was coherent and still asked me if I won my match of all things I told him you just win your match prayers up to you my friend left side of body does not look good but I hope they get him better please watch over him Lord."

Everything considered this is good news.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 Mercedes coming from the Carolina filled with cash, ro to play us. Good times, good luck!!

djv122385

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update

Just updating as I have a chance this AM. Freezer posted this AM and Cliff made it out of surgery and seems to be doing well. Anyone who knows strokes knows Cliff has a long road ahead of him, but he's come this far. If he grinds life like he grinds the game he will be back to being the Cliff we know in no time.

Attachments

• Freezer.jpg
    Freezer.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,231

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just updating as I have a chance this AM. Freezer posted this AM and Cliff made it out of surgery and seems to be doing well. Anyone who knows strokes knows Cliff has a long road ahead of him, but he's come this far. If he grinds life like he grinds the game he will be back to being the Cliff we know in no time.

Now that sounds a lot better than what I was reading last night....
....Mr Joyner will play again.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Amen. Beast wishes!

The USA might be the best place in the world to have a stroke. The medical care is Top Notch.

I have a relative who had a stroke in Sicily not too long ago. He was in the hospital there for a month.

When they finally were able to arrange his medical evacuation, the doctor walked up to his wife and told her, "its good he is going to America. He can get the care he needs there."

He will never work again and is a completely changed man.

Heartbreaker.